Home

How did this career mode make it into a AAA 2018 title?

This is a discussion on How did this career mode make it into a AAA 2018 title? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How did this career mode make it into a AAA 2018 title?

know how to make video Trailer
but dont know how to ???

if everything like Trailer, that will be GREAT
in gameplay we have career HUD just all like video
Touch gloves we have HUD can choose
ufc top rank move it HUD
everything HUD just like what we see like video , ok awesome
maybe this is why everyone feels lies

then

thats why we think we have Press conference and Weigh-in
and we excited and waiting until we get new game
no Ragdoll no Press conference and Weigh-in
They are just a few seconds and then a career mode
sad

Last edited by martialxd; 09-12-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Thats a fair view point, but for someone who is new to this game or a fan off mma this can definitely be seen as misleading, i still feel it is now.
But that includes everyone. The fact is at launch EVERYONE was new to the game. They had no idea what was in career mode before watching this trailer. So you could look at that trailer and think:

1) Press conferences are going to be a clip during a news segment hosted by Megan Olivi (just as the clip showed).

or

2) There are going to be interactive press conferences because the clip showed a press conference and OS has asked for it.

EA has done all types of shady things when it comes to trailers (I remember the Madden trailer for the Xbox 360 launch that contained ZERO elements from the actual game). This just isnt one of them.

If you are referring to people who bought the game post launch, that is 100% on them. In 2018, you have reviews, forum impressions, video reviews, streams and video walkthroughs. Within a week of release, there were full video walkthroughs of the career mode on Youtube.

So if if you werent sure what was in the Career mode before you bought it, you could easily find out before you purchased it.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #19
Pro

LarsP's Arena

You sure like playing the devils advocate.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
You sure like playing the devils advocate.
This isnt devils advocate though. I completely acknowledge that EA has been misleading with many of their ads. ****, the UFC series has done it with things they claimed were in UFC 1 and 2.

I'm just not someone who just agrees with **** simply because its the cool thing to do or to go along with everyone else. I also think that the buyer bears some responsibility too. If something is important to you, its easy as hell to confirm if its in a game or not. This isnt the 80's. I'm not waiting for Nintendo Power or EGM to review a game months after release. Now, I can go to a forum or a Youtube video before release and get information on features and modes in a game.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #21
MVP

I never got too hype, just from knowing how EA works esp after Battlefront 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I never got too hype, just from knowing how EA works esp after Battlefront 2.
This!

I could run down a list of games that EA has mislead people about. That's why some responsibility lies with the consumer. If a company has a history of hyping or misleading people about whats in their games and the consumer knows that, its up to the consumer to verify before purchasing.

With that said, that video doesnt mislead people. It shows press conferences in the way they are in the game.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This!

I could run down a list of games that EA has mislead people about. That's why some responsibility lies with the consumer. If a company has a history of hyping or misleading people about whats in their games and the consumer knows that, its up to the consumer to verify before purchasing.

With that said, that video doesnt mislead people. It shows press conferences in the way they are in the game.

I get your point but for me that still is false advertising. Half the trailer consists of face-offs and then they mean 0,5% of the entire game. Yeah, technically it isn't false advertising, obviously they exist in game, the buyer doesn't have to get it right away but...sour taste and all.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I get your point but for me that still is false advertising. Half the trailer consists of face-offs and then they mean 0,5% of the entire game. Yeah, technically it isn't false advertising, obviously they exist in game, the buyer doesn't have to get it right away but...sour taste and all.
But it doesnt. The trailer is 90 seconds. 10 of those seconds are face offs or press conference clips.

You have every right to be bitter about something you want not being in the game but you cant really blame the trailer. They showed you exactly what was in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »