Home

Forced level changes on strikes

This is a discussion on Forced level changes on strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Forced level changes on strikes

Currently when you get too close to an opponent and throw a roundhouse to the head, you get a body kick. There are many strikes with forced level change but i'm just going to use this one as an example.

Often it seems like a gamble as to which strike you will get, even when you are at perfect range. Sometimes you get a body kick when you really don't want it and it is caught and you get rocked. It works better in a combo but even as the last strike in a combo its about 50/50 whether it will go to body/head.

Personally I'd rather the game just throws what I input and if i'm too close it just shouldn't do much damage.

I like the feature where if you don't have a move in a slot (like R2 based elbows/knees) it will allow a move with more complicated inputs to be used in its place, but i feel like an input should only have one outcome. If i want the body strike i'll throw it.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Forced level changes on strikes

I personally like the headkick-body level change. I think it opens up cool options against people who like to throw kicks. By moving up close you can neutralize the low-high kick mix-ups. Also, when you get rocked you can actually just stay up close if you think your opponent wants to go for a headkick block break. That leaves you more vulnerable to boxing combos which means it has counterplay.

And since you mentioned it, I despise the new shortcut inputs for strikes. There have been times when I use a new fighter and go for a body knee but I get a flying knee instead and get punished. There should definitely be an option to disable it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »