Home

Ranked: Equalized Stats only?

This is a discussion on Ranked: Equalized Stats only? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Ranked: Equalized Stats only?
Yes 6 16.67%
No 30 83.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #49
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ranked: Equalized Stats only?

Ranked players: "It would break immersion and realism, and fights would be mirror fights."

Also ranked players:
Old 09-19-2018, 01:27 PM   #50
Banned

The reason equalized stats makes no sense is because the purpose is to make it so that pure skill wins out, which makes sense.

However, all else isnt equalized. Moveset is not equalized nor is reach. So for example...if it were equalized stats at FW I would ONLY pick Zabit. If you pick Zabit and the stats are equal I dont think it would be the skill that you see shine through if you were facing say Edgar or any shorter dude in the weight.

Plus given that grappling is underpowered in this game. Anyone with an extreme grappling stat advantage who is otherwise unexceptional would be rendered useless or even more useless than they are (Khabib, Maia, Werdum, Ortega, Andrade, Weidman, Souza etc)
Old 09-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Ranked players: "It would break immersion and realism, and fights would be mirror fights."

Also ranked players:
Did Ranked players choose to have mirror matches? Did anyone say they enjoy them? Was that supposed to be an argument in favour of the equaliser?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #52
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Did Ranked players choose to have mirror matches? Did anyone say they enjoy them? Was that supposed to be an argument in favour of the equaliser?
Right? It's not like you know who you're opponent is choosing in ranked.

I've been seeing more B fighters being used ever since the rating system has been added. I myself have been using Bruce Lee to get more points and it has been devastating.

I'm sure everybody on MMAGAMEs poll just go with whatever the dude says being that he's 'popular' to some extent. Heck, I'm sure everybody here is familiar with how he plays and what he says: When a tactic is done against him, it's 'cheese' (even when it's not an exploit that is not cheese) but when he does it to somebody else it's strategy. I'm sure he's a good dude IRL, but the way he plays the game doesn't seem like he knows much about making adjustments.

In fact, it's pretty much nearly impossible to cheese on the feet aside from pressure fighters that stay glued to you, until you master the lunges at least.
Leg kick cheese from UFC 2? Killed with the check.
Bobblehead Season Pre-USADA? Killed with the removal of the matrix slowdown when somebody swayed nothing in front of you.
Twirly Bird ?(Spinning your analog stick to drain your opponents stamina and being shielded from body shots while being able to fire off an ungodly uppercut since a body shot would be the only way to deal with somebody doing that?
Added stamina drain to head movement and less stamina drain on missed shots with head movement ( but not too little , just right)
Sharif Shuffle? Done.
Teleporting Overhand? Range fixed and you can hit block counters.

The closest thing that can be referred to being cheesy is just being held down in side control and being denied once or twice lmao. I still don't think 4-5 elbows from side control should do that much damage, should be about 8-10. Knees are fine though.

Now if they can fix the responsiveness on takedowns after successfully evading strikes with lunges, we have ourselves an even better game.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 09-19-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Right? It's not like you know who you're opponent is choosing in ranked.

I've been seeing more B fighters being used ever since the rating system has been added. I myself have been using Bruce Lee to get more points and it has been devastating.

I'm sure everybody on MMAGAMEs poll just go with whatever the dude says being that he's 'popular' to some extent. Heck, I'm sure everybody here is familiar with how he plays and what he says: When a tactic is done against him, it's 'cheese' (even when it's not an exploit that is not cheese) but when he does it to somebody else it's strategy. I'm sure he's a good dude IRL, but the way he plays the game doesn't seem like he knows much about making adjustments.

In fact, it's pretty much nearly impossible to cheese on the feet aside from pressure fighters that stay glued to you, until you master the lunges at least.
Leg kick cheese from UFC 2? Killed with the check.
Bobblehead Season Pre-USADA? Killed with the removal of the matrix slowdown when somebody swayed nothing in front of you.
Twirly Bird ?(Spinning your analog stick to drain your opponents stamina and being shielded from body shots while being able to fire off an ungodly uppercut since a body shot would be the only way to deal with somebody doing that?
Added stamina drain to head movement and less stamina drain on missed shots with head movement ( but not too little , just right)
Sharif Shuffle? Done.
Teleporting Overhand? Range fixed and you can hit block counters.

The closest thing that can be referred to being cheesy is just being held down in side control and being denied once or twice lmao. I still don't think 4-5 elbows from side control should do that much damage, should be about 8-10. Knees are fine though.

Now if they can fix the responsiveness on takedowns after successfully evading strikes with lunges, we have ourselves an even better game.
I dont know about that. 700 plus people voted in favor of it. I'm not saying that its a good idea. I just think it is bad analysis to argue that people just agreed with him because he came up with the idea.

The fact is some people want this.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #54
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont know about that. 700 plus people voted in favor of it. I'm not saying that its a good idea. I just think it is bad analysis to argue that people just agreed with him because he came up with the idea.

The fact is some people want this.
Good point. Although I'm about 80% sure if there was a poll that wasn't just limited to his poll, maybe a poll from the EA Sports Twitter page asking the players about having an equalized ranked, people wouldn't be in favor of it.

If anything, if that atrocity actually came into fruition, have it as its own separate form of ranked. Equalized Ranked (with their own individual perks and movesets of course) and then the regular ranked we all know and love ( or hate).

It would be hilarious to see CM Punk outgrappling GSP.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 09-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Good point. Although I'm about 80% sure if there was a poll that wasn't just limited to his poll, maybe a poll from the EA Sports Twitter page asking the players about having an equalized ranked, people wouldn't be in favor of it.

If anything, if that atrocity actually came into fruition, have it as its own separate form of ranked. Equalized Ranked (with their own individual perks and movesets of course) and then the regular ranked we all know and love ( or hate).

It would be hilarious to see CM Punk outgrappling GSP.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
I dont know. Who do you think is more likely to vote in a EA Sports poll? Hardcore fans that come to OS or Comp/Casual fans who follow Game and his Twitter account?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #56
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Did Ranked players choose to have mirror matches? Did anyone say they enjoy them?
Interesting. Are you implying that you wish mirror fights weren't possible?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »