Home

Just seen a martial fight

This is a discussion on Just seen a martial fight within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just seen a martial fight

Where he was fighting with Dominick Cruz but it didn’t show his opponents HUD. Did they add a patch to disable the opponents HUD finally in ranked?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 10:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Just seen a martial fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Where he was fighting with Dominick Cruz but it didn’t show his opponents HUD. Did they add a patch to disable the opponents HUD finally in ranked?

It’s been around for awhile, not sure why people think having less data is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #3
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextupNico
It’s been around for awhile, not sure why people think having less data is a good thing.

Keeps things more realistic. Plus there are more than enough visual cues to do the handiwork for you.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Keeps things more realistic. Plus there are more than enough visual cues to do the handiwork for you.

Really? Mind elaborating?

Old 09-17-2018, 11:21 PM   #5
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Really? Mind elaborating?

Sure! For example, when somebody stamina gets low you can see the character model start to breathe heavily, with the most obvious one being the slowed down movement. When the block is broken the animation changes to where it can then be broken by a round strike. I play without the HUD a lot for Quick Fights, and being that I'm in Division 6, it's already off for me on Ranked. If anything it helps me not to focus on a what a bar is telling me and more of what's going on in the game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 11:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Sure! For example, when somebody stamina gets low you can see the character model start to breathe heavily, with the most obvious one being the slowed down movement. When the block is broken the animation changes to where it can then be broken by a round strike. I play without the HUD a lot for Quick Fights, and being that I'm in Division 6, it's already off for me on Ranked. If anything it helps me not to focus on a what a bar is telling me and more of what's going on in the game.

So if the character is at over 90 max stamina but 46 (not minimum but closer to half) current stamina can you tell? Cause that would be huge difference in how much damage you can do to them with a strike if you hit them before they recoup that stamina.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:30 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
So if the character is at over 90 max stamina but 46 (not minimum but closer to half) current stamina can you tell? Cause that would be huge difference in how much damage you can do to them with a strike if you hit them before they recoup that stamina.

Generally, I put it like this and this helps with my counter striking a lot.

I know after any string of combinations, if my opponent doesn't take the a moment to recoup, the next few strikes will come out slightly slower and easier to strike and therefore easier to counter. When somebody does the jab uppercut hook for example, I'll back sway or duck the final strike and follow up with a body hook. I know that did much more long term stamina damage than it would have done had I hit them before that combination was thrown.

Whenever somebody is above 70 ish stamina, they tend to have a certain bounce to their steps, they don't get hit with full body hit reactions as easily (slight stuns that are NOT health events), and they won't get hurt too bad by certain moves excluding vulnerability. Once there's a slight slowdown in their steps, it's noticeable, especially when you see the combos come out. Lab it in practice mode and become accustomed to noticing the difference, it pays off dividends.

E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 09-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Generally, I put it like this and this helps with my counter striking a lot.

I know after any string of combinations, if my opponent doesn't take the a moment to recoup, the next few strikes will come out slightly slower and easier to strike and therefore easier to counter. When somebody does the jab uppercut hook for example, I'll back sway or duck the final strike and follow up with a body hook. I know that did much more long term stamina damage than it would have done had I hit them before that combination was thrown.

Whenever somebody is above 70 ish stamina, they tend to have a certain bounce to their steps, they don't get hit with full body hit reactions as easily (slight stuns that are NOT health events), and they won't get hurt too bad by certain moves excluding vulnerability. Once there's a slight slowdown in their steps, it's noticeable, especially when you see the combos come out. Lab it in practice mode and become accustomed to noticing the difference, it pays off dividends.

Interesting lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »