Home

Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure

This is a discussion on Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #137
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I've looked at the settings but found nothing. What are these "simple grappling controls" you speak of?
I know of two. There are simple subs in the options menu. There are the defensive grappling prompts (that are only available offline for Normal and below difficulty).

I'm not in front of the game but I swear there is also a control setting that simplifies grappling some but I'm old and I could be confusing it for something else.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #138
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I know of two. There are simple subs in the options menu. There are the defensive grappling prompts (that are only available offline for Normal and below difficulty).

I'm not in front of the game but I swear there is also a control setting that simplifies grappling some but I'm old and I could be confusing it for something else.
1-simple subs was a god send
2-defensive grappling prompts don't show up on Player vs Player (if you're fighting with your friends like you mentioned)
3-haven't seen any simplified grappling settings outside of that.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #139
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
1-simple subs was a god send
2-defensive grappling prompts don't show up on Player vs Player (if you're fighting with your friends like you mentioned)
3-haven't seen any simplified grappling settings outside of that.
Didnt know that they dont show up player v player. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #140
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
I'm a below average grappler. I dont know half of the tricks. I'm also someone who is regularly in div 3 and 4 (when I play online). When I play ranked, I dont find myself facing people who know the "tricks under the hood". I find myself playing novices on the ground so it kind of balances its self out.

My point is that if your friends dont like grappling because the controls and meta are too complicated, there are simpler controls for them to use. They can use the simple controls and play offline (on a low difficulty) or their friends. They can also fight in the lower divisions where they are less likely to run into people who are skilled on the ground. They avoid the meta that way

People shouldnt expect to hop online and hang with players that are more skilled than them and have taken the time to learn the game.
But do you think the ground game is casual friendly? Or better yet, do you think all these little under-the-hood tricks are even necessary? I only played Undisputed offline, and it didn't have all these wild knick knacks you had to learn, and it was just fine.

Casuals aren't trying to figure out what direction to deny a transition based off animations which can be hard to decipher. Hell, even I have trouble with that still and I'm in div 4 (was in div 5 until they restarted me in 4 again 2 patches ago for some reason). It's a bit too unnecessarily hard for a lot of people (esp with the wrong kinda monitor/connections apparently online from what I've heard). I'd love for them to make it more abt strike-to-pass & visa versa like EA MMA, but with more control & transitions. I think it would feel more like real MMA and casuals wouldn't be so turned off by it as well. No extra tricks are really needed in the 1st imo.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #141
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
But do you think the ground game is casual friendly? Or better yet, do you think all these little under-the-hood tricks are even necessary? I only played Undisputed offline, and it didn't have all these wild knick knacks you had to learn, and it was just fine.

Casuals aren't trying to figure out what direction to deny a transition based off animations which can be hard to decipher. Hell, even I have trouble with that still and I'm in div 4 (was in div 5 until they restarted me in 4 again 2 patches ago for some reason). It's a bit too unnecessarily hard for a lot of people (esp with the wrong kinda monitor/connections apparently online from what I've heard). I'd love for them to make it more abt strike-to-pass & visa versa like EA MMA, but with more control & transitions. I think it would feel more like real MMA and casuals wouldn't be so turned off by it as well. No extra tricks are really needed in the 1st imo.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Is it as casual friendly as it could be? Nah. With that said, I think there are tools in place for someone to learn and learn pretty quickly.

Offline you have simple subs if you hate the sub game (like I do). You have the defensive prompts. You have the grapple Hud.

I really dont love the tricks. I understand why they are there. I understand that alot of elite players like them because it adds a certain amount of depth to the grappling and everything isnt just ratings based. With that said, as an offline player I hate that even if i get caught in mount by a worse grappler, I have to count the number of strikes blocked before I transition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #142
Banned

Quote:
Is it as casual friendly as it could be? Nah. With that said, I think there are tools in place for someone to learn and learn pretty quickly.

Offline you have simple subs if you hate the sub game (like I do). You have the defensive prompts. You have the grapple Hud.

I really dont love the tricks. I understand why they are there. I understand that alot of elite players like them because it adds a certain amount of depth to the grappling and everything isnt just ratings based. With that said, as an offline player I hate that even if i get caught in mount by a worse grappler, I have to count the number of strikes blocked before I transition.
why is it that when we say we want it more like undisputed were told were ea haters mad they went out of business etc? it feels like were being told were not going to get what we want regardless we want the majority of undisputeds grappling. my poll proved that. fake accounts even were made to sway the poll but failed because grapplera in the community spoke up. it is bad business practice to not listen to your customers any time theres a decenting opinion you leap in the threads saying were wrong. ud3s system pleased the hardcores and casuals ufc has failed to do that. it has better graphics and striking but is a much poorer representation of what we see on tv. you cant even pull guard in this game . theres no element of danger on the ground. we want what was battle tested as an effective system with the bugs fleshed out. we shouldn't have tye gcs and community on opposite sides ofthe coin. what do the devs think of ud3 and implementing some of its featues? why can't we just be honest and say ok noone likes this system how can we give them what they want
Old 10-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #143
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
why is it that when we say we want it more like undisputed were told were ea haters mad they went out of business etc? it feels like were being told were not going to get what we want regardless we want the majority of undisputeds grappling. my poll proved that. fake accounts even were made to sway the poll but failed because grapplera in the community spoke up. it is bad business practice to not listen to your customers any time theres a decenting opinion you leap in the threads saying were wrong. ud3s system pleased the hardcores and casuals ufc has failed to do that. it has better graphics and striking but is a much poorer representation of what we see on tv. you cant even pull guard in this game . theres no element of danger on the ground. we want what was battle tested as an effective system with the bugs fleshed out. we shouldn't have tye gcs and community on opposite sides ofthe coin. what do the devs think of ud3 and implementing some of its featues? why can't we just be honest and say ok noone likes this system how can we give them what they want
-I've never called anyone a EA *****. Dont know why you are asking me this question.

- I dont work for EA and have no control over their business practices.

- UD3 as a game didnt 100% please the hardcores and casuals. In fact, I've heard plenty of hardcore bash elements of the game like grappling. The devs seem to look at UD3 a similar way.

- Plenty like the UFC 3 grappling system including myself (except for subs and I hated UD3's subs).

- Please stop saying "the community" as if its universal that every (or even most) want UD3's grappling. Its not. Some do and some dont.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »