Home

Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure

This is a discussion on Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #57
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Overall or each Combo? Are you suggesting that their is a 2% decrease in long term stamina every time someone throws a 3 strike or more combo?
No, reread my friend. I'm SUGGESTING that be the additional tax for 3 strike combinations or more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 09-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
No, reread my friend. I'm SUGGESTING that be the additional tax for 3 strike combinations or more.

My mistake. I understood it but wrote it wrong:

Are you suggesting that their is a 2% increase in long term stamina tax every time someone throws a 3 strike or more combo?
Old 09-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I'm so glad you did this. I've been wanting to do a video just like this myself, but you kept a higher pace than I was planning.

I was going to throw 1-2 combos for a full round at the exact same cadence as the game if you let stamina refill to max to show that a 41 year old video game programmer can do it, so to claim an elite pro athlete can't is ridiculous.

The reason it doesn't happen often in fights is way more nuanced than "They would gas throwing that many strikes per round".
when is patch spoiler coming dev
Old 09-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #60
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
My mistake. I understood it but wrote it wrong:

Are you suggesting that their is a 2% increase in long term stamina tax every time someone throws a 3 strike or more combo?
If you're constantly throwing punches and burning yourself out to take somebody out, while taking punches/kicks yourself, you're definitely going to feel it in the later rounds.

E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 09-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Overall or each Combo? Are you suggesting that their is a 2% decrease in long term stamina every time someone throws a 3 strike or more combo?
I think 2% decrease in long term stamina EVERY time you throws a 3 strike or more combo, would chance the current meta game in favour of a EVEN MORE competitive and realism online experience.

And i said even more because Patch after Patch this game gets better and better. Right now we have some new and very good tools to deal vs unrealistic pressure fighters, but i think only 5 or 6 Dv players can use this effectively in a ranked fight.

That is the reason I think this change is really needed. All that guys in 3 or 4 Dv (all of them!) could deal versus unrealistic pressure fighters only with decrease that 2% long term stamina tax on blocked strikes.

Basically, everyone would have to pick their combos in a more realistic pace.

Last edited by The meticulous Esp; 09-24-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 02:29 PM   #62
Rookie

Comes to mind how the stamina system works in the great FNC !! How I enjoyed those fights using E. Holyfield and waiting to the last rounds to destroy all this Tyson's players

Last edited by The meticulous Esp; 09-24-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
If you're constantly throwing punches and burning yourself out to take somebody out, while taking punches/kicks yourself, you're definitely going to feel it in the later rounds.

I'm not arguing with you. I was just asking you to clarify what you are looking for.

For example, if you are saying each 3 strike combo should take 2% perm stamina, that means if I throw 5 jab-jab-straights in a round (15 strikes)...10% of your perm stamina will be gone.

Now people probably average 80-100 strikes a round in the game right now. Even at the low end (80 strikes) people will likely gas in the middle of the 2nd round if they regularly throw combos (not a ridiculous amount but a good amount).

Now if you mean that if someone is throwing alot of combos there should be an overall increase of 2-5% for perm stamina loss, that likely wont get you what you are looking for. Even a 5% increase would likely be too little to really notice.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #64
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
I'm not arguing with you. I was just asking you to clarify what you are looking for.

For example, if you are saying each 3 strike combo should take 2% perm stamina, that means if I throw 5 jab-jab-straights in a round (15 strikes)...10% of your perm stamina will be gone.

Now people probably average 80-100 strikes a round in the game right now. Even at the low end (80 strikes) people will likely gas in the middle of the 2nd round if they regularly throw combos (not a ridiculous amount but a good amount).

Now if you mean that if someone is throwing alot of combos there should be an overall increase of 2-5% for perm stamina loss, that likely wont get you what you are looking for. Even a 5% increase would likely be too little to really notice.

Oh I know you're not arguing with me Bro.

I just thought that throwing out a big number like 10%-15% would be a little bit too much.

"
Now people probably average 80-100 strikes a round in the game right now. Even at the low end (80 strikes) people will likely gas in the middle of the 2nd round if they regularly throw combos (not a ridiculous amount but a good amount)."

Not necessarily true. I had a fight against Swiss-Libax earlier today when I had Tom Duquesnoy and he had Garbrandt, he threw 177 strikes in Round 1, landed about 60. I threw 80, landed 40. When the 2nd Round started, he had the same amount of stamina as me. (The sliver of stamina that pops up)

I fought a McGregor Player with Bruce Lee. He threw 140 something strikes in Round 1, landed 40. I threw 60 something strikes, landed about 30. 2nd round started, from the sliver of stamina in the beginning of the round, he had almost a full bar of stamina.

"each 3 strike combo should take 2% perm stamina, that means if I throw 5 jab-jab-straights in a round (15 strikes)...10% of your perm stamina will be gone."

That's something that I was looking for. I don't want it to be an exaggerated drain, but something reasonable that when somebody is successfully defending and swaying, the offensive fighter just can't continue to block break and fire off more strikes without thinking about their stamina for later in the fight if it gets there.

"Now if you mean that if someone is throwing alot of combos there should be an overall increase of 2-5% for perm stamina loss, that likely wont get you what you are looking for. Even a 5% increase would likely be too little to really notice."

How about 7%?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »