Home

Thiago Santos

This is a discussion on Thiago Santos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thiago Santos

Where is artem at
Old 12-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #18
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
Where is artem at
Not that I'm amped to have him in there (compared with wish list fighters like Santos or Smith) but I could have swore I saw a Lobov model when they did the reveal. Not just stats, I swear i saw an actual visual representation of him.

Or maybe the digital version of the GOAT visited me in my dreams....
Old 12-11-2018, 02:03 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll speak on it. The team did stats for a bunch of fighters who arent in the game. Some were on the game roster and went to Bellator before release (ex. Frank Mir). There were also a bunch of fighters that we did stats for that were considered for DLC but for one reason or the other havent been released. Santos is one of them. Thats why you saw his stats. There are probably 10 fighters or so who we created stats for back in Nov 2017 who havent been created.

My guess is that other priorities have pushed them back. Guys like Zabit and Stylebender werent even on the team's radar in Nov 2017 (Zabit only had one fight. Stylebender hadnt debuted). At that time if you said Zabit would be added before Santos, I wouldve said you were crazy but things change quickly in MMA. The demand was higher for those two. Also they seemed to add fighters who have done mocap recently like Dern, Hernandez and O'Malley over fighters who havent.

Another reason is the icon fighters. The icon fighters took away 6 spots from current fighters. People seem happy that they were added (not so happy about the stats) but they took away slots that couldve been given to guys like Santos.

O ok that makes sense, I just figured with how open these guys are about things and that no one really had anything to say about it that it must have been some thing that was not allowed to be talked about...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-12-2018, 05:43 AM   #20
Rookie

This dude would be a worthy addition for sure. just dont overrate him though, as they tend to do with DLC sometimes. watch him have like 99 power with +4 striking perks tho. he should definitely have a amazing chin.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningxspirit
This dude would be a worthy addition for sure. just dont overrate him though, as they tend to do with DLC sometimes. watch him have like 99 power with +4 striking perks tho. he should definitely have a amazing chin.
They usually overate the fighters with hype. Like Costa and Adesanya.

I think they would give him a low chin rating because of the Mousasi and Branch KO losses
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000

I think they would give him a low chin rating because of the Mousasi and Branch KO losses
completely forgot about those Ls, but not cutting weight seems to have helped his durability. Manuwa hits harder than both of em
Old 12-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningxspirit
completely forgot about those Ls, but not cutting weight seems to have helped his durability. Manuwa hits harder than both of em
True, he got hit with a monster left hook that Killed Corey Anderson.
Mousasi TKO'd him by telling him to get up then punching him in the middle of standing up. The Branch one was a looping overhand that caught him right on the corner of the jaw and dropped him.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000

We've done stats for Santos already (they need to be updated because they were done a while ago). If anything, we underrated him.

Wont really get into the "hype" discussion. I've seen Costa argument that he should have lower stats but I havent seen anyone use his actual fights to support that argument. Its usually a "fighter X has a lower rating than Costa in this area and I disagree" argument.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »