Home

WMMA5 - Be A Manager

This is a discussion on WMMA5 - Be A Manager within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 11:32 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: WMMA5 - Be A Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its not online but I think its similar to most text sim games. For about 2 years, I played an text sim called Front Office Football with a bunch of people from OS. I was the commish for a while.

What you do is you post the league file, each player makes changes (in WMMA's case, books fights and negotiates) and sends the file back to the commish. The commish then uploads all of the files into the game and runs a sim once or twice a week.
That sounds real dope

I wouldnt mind doing that once I get the hang of it.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #18
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
That sounds real dope

I wouldnt mind doing that once I get the hang of it.
I'm down, but it sound super slow. Like one week ingame is one week IRL
Old 10-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I'm losing money on this TV deal?? I'm 40 000$ in debt?? This TV Deal is the end of me!

You gotta build up dude. In my current GAMMA game, I'm sitting at $999.999.999. I was holding my finger to my mouth for the Dr.Evil quote, but apparently that's how high the game can go. A pity. I'd want one billion dollars.

Cut your commentators and cut on all corporate costs and you should survive. Otherwise employ only 0-0's if you're really that small in size.

Game has multiplayer but it's really quite slow, but I never tried it. What aholbert suggests is probably the most efficient way to play.

Last edited by Blackman316; 10-02-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
You gotta build up dude. In my current GAMMA game, I'm sitting at $999.999.999. I was holding my finger to my mouth for the Dr.Evil quote, but apparently that's how high the game can go. A pity. I'd want one billion dollars.

Cut your commentators and cut on all corporate costs and you should survive. Otherwise employ only 0-0's if you're really that small in size.

Game has multiplayer but it's really quite slow, but I never tried it. What aholbert suggests is probably the most efficient way to play.
My favorite part is hyping up fighters and seeing them succeed and become big draws ( even better if they are from Japan since I'm ALPHA-1 )
Old 10-20-2018, 09:22 PM   #21
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
You gotta build up dude.
Yeah, I managed to come back from the brink of collapse and build a respectable company.
Quote:
Yeah, it's a pity it doesn't support online multiplayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
My favorite part is hyping up fighters and seeing them succeed and become big draws
Yeah, after I got big enough to offer exclusive contracts that was pretty fun, giving them a few showcase fights and then gambling on them being able to win against legit competition. Aaron Chalmers got pretty big.

So, I've been playing this damn game and mod non-stop now, damn fun.
So a week ago I started improving the database. new pictures of fighters, belts, etc. It's looking pretty good right now

The plan was to zip the original WMMA5 Installer with an edited version of the mod. all in one simple file that a newbie can just download if they wanna get into the game.

(Cover I made)

The original mod is a bit outdated though, last update was on May 2018. Not to mention that the game looks like it's 15 years old.
So I was thinking I could either just get this online, OR try to get it up to date. That would be a bitch to do though, I'd have to manually add every fight from May 'til now, in 10 different promotions. Plus update broadcast contracts, fighter stats, etc.

So my question is; does anyone really care?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #22
Pro

The peeps on their forum would be all over that. The real mod is the main draw of the game obviously.

And you’d underestimate how nany people play the game. I got hundreds of dl alone for an extension mod of the default db that expands the women’s divisions solely. So you can imagine the succes for your tweaks. :-)
Old 10-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #23
Rookie

I play the UFC vs Pride mod that starts around 2002 now, personally the Real World mod has too many characters in it to process and this makes each day simulate sooooo slowly on my computer.

BJ Penn started out 20-0 in the UFC, 9 WW title defense and 6 LW title defenses. Absolute unit.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #24
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
The peeps on their forum would be all over that. The real mod is the main draw of the game obviously.

And you’d underestimate how nany people play the game. I got hundreds of dl alone for an extension mod of the default db that expands the women’s divisions solely. So you can imagine the succes for your tweaks. :-)
I've been over there and talked to some people. I'm almost finished with the new mod/update, I'll upload it and post it here too so you guys can check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
personally the Real World mod has too many characters in it to process and this makes each day simulate sooooo slowly on my computer.
Amen. It's pretty slow, I got 2 years into my first game, but I'm trying to take out whenever I add something. So I retired fighters while i added new. same with companies. So at least this new mod should not be slower than the old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »