Home

There's literally no point in throwing head punches in your opponent''s guard

This is a discussion on There's literally no point in throwing head punches in your opponent''s guard within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: There's literally no point in throwing head punches in your opponent''s guard

Please do

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #18
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Re: There's literally no point in throwing head punches in your opponent''s guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
What is kesa? Half guard postured is deadly. I get tons of finishes from side saddle+back side as well, I should make a GNP video honestly. I may do that.
Kesa Gatame is Scarfhold/Side Saddle.

Please make that video tho. Would be very helpful. I cant manage to get any damage off on the ground against good players. They just block a strike or 2 and transition out. Every time. Doesn't matter the position. I just don't know what to do.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____

Please make that video tho. Would be very helpful. I cant manage to get any damage off on the ground against good players. They just block a strike or 2 and transition out. Every time. Doesn't matter the position. I just don't know what to do.
Throw one strike and get ready to deny.

Pretty much everyone has a pattern they use to try to escape positions.

If your strike lands then double up but try to mix some head/body shots.

You can do some heavy damage in posted half guard and stacked guard.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 10-04-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #20
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Throw one strike and get ready to deny.

Pretty much everyone has a pattern they use to try to escape positions.

Of your try lands then double up but try to mix some head/body shots.

You can do some heavy damage in posted half guard and stacked guard.

Postured half seems to be my go to position to get some damage off. Maybe work the body a bit and drain some stamina. Good players easily block 2 strikes and sweep me tho. That sweep seems super easy to pull off.

A video would be super helpful. Maybe a gaming moniter and **** would make a difference also. I often find myself nailing denials but they somehow sneak through anyway. Maybe my timing just sucks.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Postured half seems to be my go to position to get some damage off. Maybe work the body a bit and drain some stamina. Good players easily block 2 strikes and sweep me tho. That sweep seems super easy to pull off.

A video would be super helpful. Maybe a gaming moniter and **** would make a difference also. I often find myself nailing denials but they somehow sneak through anyway. Maybe my timing just sucks.
You should try to avoid letting them block 2 straight strikes. It’ll really boost their transitions from the GA.

Throw one then wait a second and let the GA reset if the first one is blocked. Once their block gets weaker / they get tired you can start pounding away and inturrupting their transitions.

I’d love to see a Papadoc video as well tho. Im nowhere near him or TheRelaxedGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:

You're getting swept probably because you're letting them block too many strikes too soon. You should let them block at most one and then wait 2-3 seconds for them to transition and be ready to deny, because the grapple advantage resets from the blocks after a certain amount of time passes ( this was added in like patch 6 or something ). You just need to limit them to 1 blocked strike per 2-3 seconds basically and the denials will be very easy. I'll try and make that video today.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
What is kesa? Half guard postured is deadly. I get tons of finishes from side saddle+back side as well, I should make a GNP video honestly. I may do that.
Kesa gatame or basically what the game calls side saddle; it's great for ground n' pound as well as setting up the arm triangle. Half guard postured, from my experience as a high rated player, is very easy to defend and it's super easy to pull your opponent back down into standard half guard unless they're pre-denying it.

In back side, I usually just pre-deny the roll into guard after throwning each strike while I usually like letting them stand because I have a suplex or a rear naked choke waiting for them once they reach their feet; I find that throwing a knee first is effective if they're looking to deny it. I think I only ever had one person kimura me when I had their back so it's super rare but I love that submission because it's the same way Sakuraba beat Renzo Gracie.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:

You gotta pre-deny and this requires guesswork and intuition. Say you have them in kesa, and you think they're gonna try to escape into side mount; you should deny the side mount transition immediately after you throw each strike.

They block the strike, block the strike, then get denied trying to move into side Control because you saw it coming and timed it. Then, when their stamina gets low, you have an arm triangle waiting so you can strangle them unconscious.

You might get it wrong; they might move into back side mount instead but that's usually okay as long as you pre-deny the roll into guard. They think they're easily gonna roll into guard but nope, they get pulled right back and lose energy in the process. Then they usually stand and you suplex them or take their back and choke them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »