Home

Worst Patch Ever!!!

This is a discussion on Worst Patch Ever!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #33
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Worst Patch Ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
No I called them *** kissers for simissibg my experience.

I will and am already adjusting. My issue is that it is getting more game like than sim like. In the ufc I didn’t know that landing punches increased the ability to takedown. If that is the case Conor is the best wrestler in the ufc. I didn’t realize head movement increased takedowns. It’s just silly. Takedowns should perfectly counter planted combos. The should be easier when a guy is blocking high strikes not eating them.

But it’s whatever I have no expectations of this game at this point other than to call it UFC Jam.

What? Slipping strikes open up opportunities to cut angles to get Takedowns, are you insane? Wrestlers do it all the time!

Khabib is somebody who throws a bunch of unorthodox strikes to set up his Takedowns. Lee set up his Takedowns with strikes. Frankie sets up with Takedowns with his jabs. Come on now. Your logical fallacies are amazing.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
What? Slipping strikes open up opportunities to cut angles to get Takedowns, are you insane? Wrestlers do it all the time!

Khabib is somebody who throws a bunch of unorthodox strikes to set up his Takedowns. Lee set up his Takedowns with strikes. Frankie sets up with Takedowns with his jabs. Come on now. Your logical fallacies are amazing.
I think OP had his mind made up before the patch even dropped. In the other thread he was hating before even giving it a chance.

Confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance are very real
Old 10-03-2018, 10:29 AM   #35
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I feel that the extra-short clinch range is a bit ... odd feeling ... but overall I really like what they've done with the grapple advantage off slips/strikes/hit reactions/etc.

In the past there were so many TD attempts that I *KNEW* should have landed, but didn't. Such as when I really hurt someone, or made them whiff 2 or 3 significant strikes in a row, etc.

Those types of TDs are landing almost 100% now (although I've only put in about 20 fights haha) --- so refreshing!!!

People have to think about my TDs *AND* my heavy hands now ... poor bastards

Really like the 'mini-animation' re: Pre-Deny of TD & Clinch.....something I've wanted for a long time, now you can see when your opponent is pre-denying and can react.

Such a far cry from when people were able to spam TDD & Clinch Defense at the same time without being locked out or showing an animation!

Lots of other little changes I like too. Not sure what to do about clinch range, I'll keep messing around with that for now. I almost wish there was a "running clinch" function where your clinch range can extend as far as you want to run (with your Chin Up though....so running full speed into a striker to do a clinch may not be a good idea!!!!)

Anyway, good patch, especially considering it's 8 months post launch
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 10-03-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #36
MVP

Grappling is very viable in this game. You need solid striking fundamentals to make it work. If you go forward and just prod takedowns you will have a bad time, you need to be able to adjust to pressure.

I'd recommend you message Papadoc, he took my takedown game to a whole new level. I've been also learning a lot of different setups for tds.

Just try to be conservative with takedowns, make them count.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #37
Rookie

this patch sucks because i'm not very good!!!! god!!!
Old 10-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #38
MVP

Im not a grapple and i dont even like the system... but im having sucess taking people down setting the takedowns with strikes or counter takedowns in missed strikes... and im doing this using B level guys corey anderson beeing the grapple that I choose the most
Old 10-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #39
Rookie

Come on guys stop this is a great patch I love the grappling
Old 10-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch
Come on guys stop this is a great patch I love the grappling