Home

Worst Patch Ever!!!

This is a discussion on Worst Patch Ever!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Worst Patch Ever!!!

Is it just me or do combos come out even faster and more powerful. Grappling is virtually and absolute waste of time. Its not even a skill thing. I was getting my *** handed to me when I was doing my usual mix of strikes to set-up grappling. I can only win when I pick a striker and go to town.

This game is taking bigger steps backwards. It feel more and more like Rockem Sockem robots at this point.

OMalley looks great but plays pretty wack. Adesanya is hella good. But therein lies the problem. In this game he is an A level fighter putting him on Weidmans level. In game he maybe better. That just isnt accurate to real life. I like Adesanya but Chris would end him. NOT in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Worst Patch Ever!!!

So I was feeling the same way when I tried to use Julienna Pena.

You gotta adjust your strategy.

So single collar is pretty tough to land imo. Over/under is damn good tho.

Plus if you get a hit reaction you gain massive grapple advantage. So in theory setting them up with strikes will help you a lot.

Tie that into the double leg against forward moving opponents and the ankle pick and grapplers are in a decent spot.

I do wish the undeniable TDs were for 87 TD offense and higher and that the window was a little less strict.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
So I was feeling the same way when I tried to use Julienna Pena.

You gotta adjust your strategy.

So single collar is pretty tough to land imo. Over/under is damn good tho.

Plus if you get a hit reaction you gain massive grapple advantage. So in theory setting them up with strikes will help you a lot.

Tie that into the double leg against forward moving opponents and the ankle pick and grapplers are in a decent spot.

I do wish the undeniable TDs were for 87 TD offense and higher and that the window was a little less strict.
Strikers have gotten hip to the idea of moving backward. They stand relatively still and whip in combos.

I am going to adjust, but reality is this game has moved away from realism. Shocker
Old 10-02-2018, 11:15 PM   #4
Banned

This patch is....

Number 1 bull****
Old 10-02-2018, 11:20 PM   #5
MVP

Best to grapple from the clinch with a character with good clinch stats ...it kinda helps .

I wouldn't say it's the worst patch ever ...I've learnt to have fun and laugh even when you are getting beaten .

I trust that grappling and clinch will get an overhaul in UFC 4 .

But I feel you dude ...I feel you .

Adesanya is good ...but in this game it's kind of like pace in FUT . Pace will make up ,over and above for any other stat a player lacks . Here it's stamina ( long term , short term or striking stamina or whatever ) add that to a person who has mastered footwork and distance management and you are in for a long night . Just as you can pick a striker with pace to play in your defence in FIFA ...Holly can whip amanda in this game but real life not so much IMO .

Now more than ever before you have to be super cautious in the octagon .

I am not a fan of the clinch mechanic tho ...one should have the option to clinch and strike simultaneously and disengage or clinch and then strike or grapple or whatever .

Also just me but is it getting harder to punish people for missed heavy strikes . I swear some moves are safe in this game .

Maybe it's just me .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #6
Banned

Post Re: Worst Patch Ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
This patch is....

Number 1 bull****
I’m actually liking the patch. I destroyed IMAHBOXER earlier which was awesome considering how much he fancies himself a high level player (he’s not.. just a string of maybe 4-5 different combos he throws and never learns any tendencies). It was super easy now that I can lunge without the double lunge coming out. Movement is in a good place.

Grappling seems quite a bit better to me. You can now take a guy with high grappling stamina and notice a serious difference when grinding an opponent from top. The clinch is money against an aggressive striker. Just duck or slip to the back leg and go for the clinch as they are advancing. Not to mention it seems a guy like Khabib can really drain some stamina from the top.

Are you going to be able to get EdParker02 down with the new patch? No.... But that doesn’t mean you can’t get the majority of the community down at some point with a high end grappler. If you can keep them there and deny... I definitely notice a stamina difference.

Btw..... stop whining man.

Last edited by Whiteshark209; 10-03-2018 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:13 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshark209
I’m actually liking the patch. I destroyed IMAHBOXER earlier which was awesome considering how much he fancies himself a high level player (he’s not.. just a string of maybe 4-5 different combos he throws and never learns any tendencies). It was super easy now that I can lunge without the double lunge coming out. Movement is in a good place.

Grappling seems quite a bit better to me. You can now take a guy with high grappling stamina and notice a serious difference when grinding an opponent from top. The clinch is money against an aggressive striker. Just duck or slip to the back leg and go for the clinch as they are advancing. Not to mention it seems a guy like Khabib can really drain some stamina from the top.

Are you going to be able to get EdParker02 down with the new patch? No.... But that doesn’t mean you can’t get the majority of the community down at some point with a high end grappler. If you can keep them there and deny... I definitely notice a stamina difference.

Btw..... stop whining man.
Ok cool. The game is crap. I shouldn’t say anything. That will make the game better if we all do that.

Stop *** kissing
Old 10-03-2018, 12:17 AM   #8
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Is it just me or do combos come out even faster and more powerful. Grappling is virtually and absolute waste of time. Its not even a skill thing. I was getting my *** handed to me when I was doing my usual mix of strikes to set-up grappling. I can only win when I pick a striker and go to town.

This game is taking bigger steps backwards. It feel more and more like Rockem Sockem robots at this point.

OMalley looks great but plays pretty wack. Adesanya is hella good. But therein lies the problem. In this game he is an A level fighter putting him on Weidmans level. In game he maybe better. That just isnt accurate to real life. I like Adesanya but Chris would end him. NOT in this game.
Looks like you and I are having a vastly different experience.

Landing strikes give you GA, and I have been taking people down with Kevin Lee with EASE. Heck, I can grapple more now in general. Grappling is great for the Dominant fighter when denying the submissive fighter depending on the position.

Other great grapplers on the PS4 side are loving the grappling changes such as Papadoc, Uni and Advaita, so if these high level players are able to use these new grappling adjustments to play the game, I don't see why you can't, especially when the GPD literally laid out an entire patch notes site to read on what works best.

You dismiss other people who are saying their grappling has improved because they're a** kissing? Looks like you're the one that's failing to adjust, ironic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »