Home

Headkicks guide to punish spam with block counters!

This is a discussion on Headkicks guide to punish spam with block counters! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Headkicks guide to punish spam with block counters!

I find most of the community is still struggling with block counters. But they are similar to minor sways and minor side stepping. Why? What mechanic has GPD been saying to do this whole time? Block and slip. But it’s deeper then that. You can block and side step you can also BLOCK AND BLOCK COUNTER! The key is to input the counter according to the strike being thrown as it’s about to hit you. When you learn the timing it is incredibly simple and effective. Most players don’t even know what’s going on. It is the ultimate counter to 136 and 245. You can block counter the second or third strike in any combo. No need to worry about punishing the first strike. Also it is much safer as the jab is faster and harder to block counter as it could leave you vulnerable because you messed up the timing. Block counters are the key to winning exchanges. It is a pressure fighter (and counter punchers) dream. They allow you to really plant your feet and control the fight. Mix them in with blocking and side stepping when you’ve downloaded their intel and you’ve got a recipe for elite counter punching. Go into practice mode and practice block countering the last strike of a combo. Thank me later - Head kick

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/senshixfor...-cd4e9488bb6a0

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/senshixforever/video/61537341

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/senshixforever/video/61562072

Last edited by 1212headkick; 10-06-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Included exampled
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Headkicks guide to punish spam with block counters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I find most of the community is still struggling with block counters. But they are similar to minor sways and minor side stepping. Why? What mechanic has GPD been saying to do this whole time? Block and slip. But it’s deeper then that. You can block and side step you can also BLOCK AND BLOCK COUNTER! The key is to input the counter according to the strike being thrown as it’s about to hit you. When you learn the timing it is incredibly simple and effective. Most players don’t even know what’s going on. It is the ultimate counter to 136 and 245. You can block counter the second or third strike in any combo. No need to worry about punishing the first strike. Also it is much safer as the jab is faster and harder to block counter as it could leave you vulnerable because you messed up the timing. Block counters are the key to winning exchanges. It is a pressure fighter (and counter punchers) dream. They allow you to really plant your feet and control the fight. Mix them in with blocking and side stepping when you’ve downloaded their intel and you’ve got a recipe for elite counter punching. Go into practice mode and practice block countering the last strike of a combo. Thank me later - Head kick
Could you possibly show a video of you landing some block counters? Would be much appreciated, I'd like to implement this in the future
Old 10-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
MVP

How do you block counter ? What counters which strike ?

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Hey Now headkick nice to see you got it down. As a counter player myself I find it very effective against a spammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
Could you possibly show a video of you landing some block counters? Would be much appreciated, I'd like to implement this in the future
How can I do this with Xbox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #6
MVP

Just looking at one of the last lines there about the second strike being easier to block counter than a jab would be, but you can't block counter a jab.

Only hooks and overhands to the lead hand.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Just looking at one of the last lines there about the second strike being easier to block counter than a jab would be, but you can't block counter a jab.

Only hooks and overhands to the lead hand.
Yes you can I can prove it
Old 10-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Yes you can I can prove it
If you've got something that goes against the word of god (GPD), I'm all ears.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »