Home

Leg Kick Check

This is a discussion on Leg Kick Check within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #49
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Leg Kick Check

I'd like to see less fighters just crumbling to the ground from excess checked kicks. Instead just have their mobility limited as well as their power and speed limited more often than getting a knock down. It'd be a bit more realistic while still punishing them for excessive checked kicks.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I'd like to see less fighters just crumbling to the ground from excess checked kicks. Instead just have their mobility limited as well as their power and speed limited more often than getting a knock down. It'd be a bit more realistic while still punishing them for excessive checked kicks.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
I think even one badly damaged leg should result in power reduction and significantly slower movement. Even the top players say that leg kicks not great for 3 round fights because you can't break both legs. I think there should be consequences if even one of your legs gets chopped up, with the switch stance being merely a way to avoid getting your leg damaged further, rather than to essentially activate another health bar for yourself along with that. You should feel much slower, and with less power behind your strikes, all depending on how badly the leg is hurt. I think the movement speed should start togradually decrease (with each kick) once the health of one leg gets to about 70-75% , whereas power should start dropping when about 50% of the leg's health is gone. If both legs reach these sorts of numbers, this should be reflected and the consequences will be, say, twice as severe, since both legs will be badly damaged.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I think even one badly damaged leg should result in power reduction and significantly slower movement. Even the top players say that leg kicks not great for 3 round fights because you can't break both legs. I think there should be consequences if even one of your legs gets chopped up, with the switch stance being merely a way to avoid getting your leg damaged further, rather than to essentially activate another health bar for yourself along with that. You should feel much slower, and with less power behind your strikes, all depending on how badly the leg is hurt. I think the movement speed should start togradually decrease (with each kick) once the health of one leg gets to about 70-75% , whereas power should start dropping when about 50% of the leg's health is gone. If both legs reach these sorts of numbers, this should be reflected and the consequences will be, say, twice as severe, since both legs will be badly damaged.
In a 3 round leg kicks are used more as a distraction more than anything. Its possible to break both legs but usually that only happens if they keep spamming leg kicks and you check several or you hit them with several kicks at a high vulnerability state like when they are throwing a head kick. As for GA, I've noticed even a flush kick to the body will sometimes grant the opposing player full GA... wtf? Checks also still not always stopping the follow-up strike, especially lead leg kick to straight cross, or lead to rear overhand/haymaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
In a 3 round leg kicks are used more as a distraction more than anything. Its possible to break both legs but usually that only happens if they keep spamming leg kicks and you check several or you hit them with several kicks at a high vulnerability state like when they are throwing a head kick. As for GA, I've noticed even a flush kick to the body will sometimes grant the opposing player full GA... wtf? Checks also still not always stopping the follow-up strike, especially lead leg kick to straight cross, or lead to rear overhand/haymaker
That wasn't my point. My point was - in the case of a leg being damaged, in no matter how many rounds, the aforementioned or similar effects should take place. A damaged leg is a damaged leg and it should take its toll.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #53
Rookie

The overall effectiveness Leg kicks are underpowered greatly. They play a big part in the grappling game with the grapple advantage but other than that they don't seem to make a difference. I can beat someone's leg to **** but they still seem to be walking around on the feet and moving at the same pace as they were the first round. I don't even use leg kicks unless I have a grappling gameplan because they don't seem to make a difference in stand up whatsoever, I'd rather just throw body kicks and build my stamina advantage.

The checking doesn't really seem to be an issue unless you get one of those guys flashing high and low block. Pretty much a gamble fighting those guys and deciding to throw leg kicks.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
That wasn't my point. My point was - in the case of a leg being damaged, in no matter how many rounds, the aforementioned or similar effects should take place. A damaged leg is a damaged leg and it should take its toll.
Trust me i agree. I made an entire thread about leg health effects.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #55
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
Trust me i agree. I made an entire thread about leg health effects.
Maybe a power reduction on the side that has the damaged leg? -3? And a -5 to speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 08:33 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Maybe a power reduction on the side that has the damaged leg? -3? And a -5 to speed?
Tbh it should lower your footwork rating

Footwork should scale speed/power of non fwd moving strikes

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »