Home

Leg Kick Check

This is a discussion on Leg Kick Check within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Leg Kick Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Maybe a power reduction on the side that has the damaged leg? -3? And a -5 to speed?
I don't know, it might be better to have a greater power reduction, or at least balanced between power/speed. However i'd be happy with anything in that regard.

Another idea i had months ago that didn't get much traction, was having individual stamina for each limb for ufc 4. I thought it could be combined with individual limb health. So if you block lots of high kicks on one side, your arm might get injured and take more stamina to throw strikes from that arm or have more bleed-through. It would force people to spam the same thing less as well, because individual weapons would become less effective over time.

This would also allow you to gas a players arms by grappling them so they would be less effective with power punches.

If you added that to leg health, it could start draining more stamina to throw strikes from a damaged leg.

I think we really need a return to separate stats for each limb at least. What would be cool is if we had different speed for each limb too. This would greatly differentiate switch stance for some fighters. Maybe even different level strikes when in switch stance.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
I don't know, it might be better to have a greater power reduction, or at least balanced between power/speed. However i'd be happy with anything in that regard.

Another idea i had months ago that didn't get much traction, was having individual stamina for each limb for ufc 4. I thought it could be combined with individual limb health. So if you block lots of high kicks on one side, your arm might get injured and take more stamina to throw strikes from that arm or have more bleed-through. It would force people to spam the same thing less as well, because individual weapons would become less effective over time.

This would also allow you to gas a players arms by grappling them so they would be less effective with power punches.

If you added that to leg health, it could start draining more stamina to throw strikes from a damaged leg.

I think we really need a return to separate stats for each limb at least. What would be cool is if we had different speed for each limb too. This would greatly differentiate switch stance for some fighters. Maybe even different level strikes when in switch stance.
Sounds pretty good, if they can implement it in a realistic manner. I watched some UFC 2 these days and I thought how much better the health system was then, at least as far as the block is concerned. It made so much sense.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Sounds pretty good, if they can implement it in a realistic manner. I watched some UFC 2 these days and I thought how much better the health system was then, at least as far as the block is concerned. It made so much sense.
yeah you know you're right. When i think about it, thats kinda how it worked in ufc2. Although it looked dumb, i liked how you could see how broken their block was by their hand position. And it slowed down strikes from that limb didn't it? i haven't played since ufc 3 came out.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
yeah you know you're right. When i think about it, thats kinda how it worked in ufc2. Although it looked dumb, i liked how you could see how broken their block was by their hand position. And it slowed down strikes from that limb didn't it? i haven't played since ufc 3 came out.
I don't remember if it slowed down the strikes but it definitely breaks down the more you hit a specific arm until that arm can't handle it any longer. I know there's supposed to be a similar mechanic right now but that's got nothing on the old one. So yeah, in UFC 2 each arm gets redder and redder the more you hit it until it can't block anymore and the shots begin to hit clean. If you manage to avoid getting hit in that arm it will recover a bit, so switching to the other stance helped with that I think. Anyway, that system made so much more sense.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I don't remember if it slowed down the strikes but it definitely breaks down the more you hit a specific arm until that arm can't handle it any longer. I know there's supposed to be a similar mechanic right now but that's got nothing on the old one. So yeah, in UFC 2 each arm gets redder and redder the more you hit it until it can't block anymore and the shots begin to hit clean. If you manage to avoid getting hit in that arm it will recover a bit, so switching to the other stance helped with that I think. Anyway, that system made so much more sense.
i remember switching stance to restore your block if one arm was damaged, i thought maybe it slowed strikes from that arm... With the current game, striking speed and power are combined. So the only thing we could hope for is a footwork reduction i guess. A power reduction would make sense as you wouldn't be able to put as much power into strikes when your base is weak, however i think its unlikely to be implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #62
MVP

Leg kick checks should be like catching body kicks with a timed window not just holding low block. This is as bad as denials and reversals being the same input.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Leg kick checks should be like catching body kicks with a timed window not just holding low block. This is as bad as denials and reversals being the same input.
In theory I agree with this. However, (just my opinion) the combos ending in leg kicks are SO ridiculously OP that having these tied to low block is the only way to balance them, and keep the entire game from becoming a leg kick war.

I just fought someone who absolutely abused these to no end and I could not imagine having any tougher of a time with kick checks against these types of players.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
In theory I agree with this. However, (just my opinion) the combos ending in leg kicks are SO ridiculously OP that having these tied to low block is the only way to balance them, and keep the entire game from becoming a leg kick war.

I just fought someone who absolutely abused these to no end and I could not imagine having any tougher of a time with kick checks against these types of players.
I see what you’re saying. The window doesn’t have to be big, a small window like body kick catches should work fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »