Home

What the hell do you guys want? (Part 1)

This is a discussion on What the hell do you guys want? (Part 1) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What the hell do you guys want? (Part 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This is a valid point. There are some guys who I think take leg kicks better than others but I'm not sure if the difference is big enough to adequately express that through ratings.

Take body strength and Cerrone for example. He has an extremely low body strength rating. Why? Because he has been stopped multiple times from body shots AND has been hurt there even more. With that said people similar to Cerrone are few and far between. I cant think of a ton of UFC fighters who are great or really bad at taking body shots. If anything, the only tell about whether someone is good at taking strikes to the body is how much those strike drain them but thats more of a stamina/endurance thing imo.

With 250 plus fighters using some of the suggestions listed here, we would be looking at 5-10 fighters at the low end (guys like Cerrone), 200 plus around 89-91 (the majority of the fighters who have never been hurt to the body) and maybe a few at the top end.

Would you guys want that? Should we be looking at eliminating the leg and body strength categories as a whole?
I would definitely prefer we keep the leg and body strength stats. It gives fighters their real life weaknesses. Without this Nate would be eating leg kicks and Cerrone would be shrugging off bodyshots.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:09 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
A deterrent to forced punching exchanges. This happens because the game does not have a strong immediate counter like parries of previous games. Body kicks have catches and low kicks have checks.

I think this can be addressed by adding catching punches. This is probably gonna be argued against as it's too late in the patch cycle to introduce. But this can be mitigated by just making the leg kick check harder to execute as it is for body kick catches now.

But in this case the caught punches is just a entry for over/under. This would be like the punch catches of UD3. So in present time a redesigned over/under would be fantastic, along with over/under against the cage get trios or TD entries.

This is literally the only video game I have and play. But I would literally delete the file and never play again if ANYTHING even remotely close to what parries were in UFC 2 came back. You have other decent suggestions but even saying the word parry makes me cringe.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
This is literally the only video game I have and play. But I would literally delete the file and never play again if ANYTHING even remotely close to what parries were in UFC 2 came back. You have other decent suggestions but even saying the word parry makes me cringe.
The best EA UFC game:

Parries with a large counter window
Death Rocks
Ducking uppercuts
No lunges
Give McGregor 100 overall, give Mirsad Bektic 50 overall
Spinning kicks avoid all strikes
mmediate standup timers after 3 seconds inactivity
Undeniable flying subs
Full stamina recovery each round
Old 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #20
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
The best EA UFC game:

Parries with a large counter window
Death Rocks
Ducking uppercuts
No lunges
Give McGregor 100 overall, give Mirsad Bektic 50 overall
Spinning kicks avoid all strikes
mmediate standup timers after 3 seconds inactivity
Undeniable flying subs
Full stamina recovery each round
I would have to swing on somebody, if they ever put me through such agony.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
It's not like parries of UFC 2. There would be no freeze and free hit. It's a quick transition to over/under like UD3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 05:52 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
A deterrent to forced punching exchanges. This happens because the game does not have a strong immediate counter like parries of previous games. Body kicks have catches and low kicks have checks.

I think this can be addressed by adding catching punches. This is probably gonna be argued against as it's too late in the patch cycle to introduce. But this can be mitigated by just making the leg kick check harder to execute as it is for body kick catches now.

But in this case the caught punches is just a entry for over/under. This would be like the punch catches of UD3. So in present time a redesigned over/under would be fantastic, along with over/under against the cage get trios or TD entries.

Man, you used to be pretty on point at the beginning of the game cycle, but I just don't understand how you don't understand that your issues are almost entirely based around a skill deficit.

You can absolutely do something similar to that in game. You avoid two punches and immediately go into the clinch. It's almost guaranteed. You can block a jab, side sway an uppercut, then duck the hook into double unders. You guys just don't understand that you can already do these things. There is no better way to implement something like that in the game without making it overpowered. It has to have some kind of skill-based mechanism to balance itself. It reminds me of the 1000 page long discussion of people wanting movement to be the only thing necessary to avoid punches. Catching punches isn't a thing. It was implemented poorly in UD3 and unrealistically. Fighters don't catch punches, they avoid them and duck into a clinch or takedown. Which, again, you can do right now.

I've already acknowledged how I think nerfing leg checks is insanity incarnate. Still waiting on some game invites from people so I can show them how easy it is to avoid checks if you have any amount of skill. Curiously, they never arrive.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #23
Rookie

jdeckelmansr's Arena

I believe the real solution here is to have all fighters fight to their real-life counterpart. Have fighters mo-capped (not likely) or hire someone to imitate their moves based on performances. For instance, Nate and Nick (in UFC 3) throw punches like most other fighters in the game. But in real life, they throw slower looping punches little-wasted movement. Let's utilize research and only give fighters the moves, movement, and combos they have actually been seen doing. Then, take away the overall striking power attributes and give them increased power on there signature strikes and abilities. The key would be to perfect the vulnerability spikes, in order to have a more organic experience. This will give everyone the option to play as the fighter they want just so they can emulate that fighters real-life counterpart.

So to sum it up, have all fighters leg stamina equal. Only enhance fighters with know and proven leg power...(Barboza, Gatethje, Cerrone, Aldo, Alves...etc.) These should have higher stamina and more damage given. So if a fighter has a nasty rear leg kick but and even nastier inside leg kick, the kick power should be higher for the inside kick. Then, after each UFC fight, we get stat updates, via the live tuner.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Man, you used to be pretty on point at the beginning of the game cycle, but I just don't understand how you don't understand that your issues are almost entirely based around a skill deficit.

You can absolutely do something similar to that in game. You avoid two punches and immediately go into the clinch. It's almost guaranteed. You can block a jab, side sway an uppercut, then duck the hook into double unders. You guys just don't understand that you can already do these things. There is no better way to implement something like that in the game without making it overpowered. It has to have some kind of skill-based mechanism to balance itself. It reminds me of the 1000 page long discussion of people wanting movement to be the only thing necessary to avoid punches. Catching punches isn't a thing. It was implemented poorly in UD3 and unrealistically. Fighters don't catch punches, they avoid them and duck into a clinch or takedown. Which, again, you can do right now.

I've already acknowledged how I think nerfing leg checks is insanity incarnate. Still waiting on some game invites from people so I can show them how easy it is to avoid checks if you have any amount of skill. Curiously, they never arrive.
I am just asking for an better transition into over/under.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »