Home

New fighter update?

This is a discussion on New fighter update? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New fighter update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I respect your opinion. Just don’t agree with it. I actually remember him being stunned also towards the end of round 1 but its been a year since I watched that fight and did his initial stats. On the flip side, I’ve seen a few people actually compliment Ortega’s stats specifically. Sucks that you aren’t happy with them but we can’t please everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s cool. I respect yours also and just as you can’t please everyone, you also can’t get everyone’s stats spot on but I’m sure you agree if he beats Max then his stats will need a serious buff?

P.S your memory serves you correct but that was an eye poke at the end of the first round with Guida.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
That’s cool. I respect yours also and just as you can’t please everyone, you also can’t get everyone’s stats spot on but I’m sure you agree if he beats Max then his stats will need a serious buff?

P.S your memory serves you correct but that was an eye poke at the end of the first round with Guida.

Depends on the fight. I don’t want to promise anything simply if he wins a fight. As always we will take the fight (and past fights) in consideration when we update fighters.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Depends on the fight. I don’t want to promise anything simply if he wins a fight. As always we will take the fight (and past fights) in consideration when we update fighters.

Given their vast differences in stats. Even ‘simply winning’ would surely be enough for a significant boost!? He needs a boost regardless of winning let alone if he gets any manner of victory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Given their vast differences in stats. Even ‘simply winning’ would surely be enough for a significant boost!? He needs a boost regardless of winning let alone if he gets any manner of victory.

Let’s say it’s a 5 round fight and he gets rocked and almost stopped in a few rounds but he wins by throwing up a Hail Mary sub in round 5. Should I buff his stats in most areas even though he looked bad throughout?

I’m not willing to guarantee a buff to anyone just because they won. It always comes down to performance in that fight plus previous fights.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Let’s say it’s a 5 round fight and he gets rocked and almost stopped in a few rounds but he wins by throwing up a Hail Mary sub in round 5. Should I buff his stats in most areas even though he looked bad throughout?

I’m not willing to guarantee a buff to anyone just because they won. It always comes down to performance in that fight plus previous fights.

You see that’s the problem, you are only seeing Ortegas skill as a ‘Hail Mary sub’ you are forgetting the fact he was the first fighter to ever stop Edgar on his feet, you aren’t seeing the relentless pace he fights at, you aren’t seeing he is made of granite, you aren’t seeing how much his striking has evolved.

To just put his skills down to ‘Hail Mary Sub’ is ridiculous. Just because his sub game is A+++ does not mean he is just a submission fighter like he’s currently rated.

Let’s go down your hypothetical route though, so if Ortega went 5 rounds (again), got rocked a few times and then subbed Holloway. You wouldn’t think that his endurance (a measly 89) would deserve a boost, or his chin(90) would deserve a boost if he lasted 5 rounds with Max (currently same chin as Aldo and we all saw how those fights went), striking stamina (87!?!?) to keep up with Max (93).

The bottom line is if Ortega beats one of the best FW of all time (after already beating another in Edgar) to remain undefeated at 15-0 he would need to have ‘champion’ level stats. Currently even if you boosted every single stat +2 he would still be underrated.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
You see that’s the problem, you are only seeing Ortegas skill as a ‘Hail Mary sub’ you are forgetting the fact he was the first fighter to ever stop Edgar on his feet, you aren’t seeing the relentless pace he fights at, you aren’t seeing he is made of granite, you aren’t seeing how much his striking has evolved.

To just put his skills down to ‘Hail Mary Sub’ is ridiculous. Just because his sub game is A+++ does not mean he is just a submission fighter like he’s currently rated.

Let’s go down your hypothetical route though, so if Ortega went 5 rounds (again), got rocked a few times and then subbed Holloway. You wouldn’t think that his endurance (a measly 89) would deserve a boost, or his chin(90) would deserve a boost if he lasted 5 rounds with Max (currently same chin as Aldo and we all saw how those fights went), striking stamina (87!?!?) to keep up with Max (93).

The bottom line is if Ortega beats one of the best FW of all time (after already beating another in Edgar) to remain undefeated at 15-0 he would need to have ‘champion’ level stats. Currently even if you boosted every single stat +2 he would still be underrated.

Huh?

I described a pretend fight. I didn’t “describe his skills”. I gave you a hypothetical where he gets dominated for 4 1/2 rounds and he throws up a sub and wins in the final round.

Anyway, I gave you my answer. We may look at the fight in a few weeks and think he should be buffed everywhere. We may look at the fight and say he needs to be buffed only a few places. He may lose the fight and we buff him everywhere. We’ve done all things when it comes to updating fighters.

It’s clear you are a fan of Ortega and that’s cool but I’m not going to guarantee any changes before a fight.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #39
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Literally everything cal is saying is 100% spot on.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
Literally everything cal is saying is 100% spot on.

Not shocked that you would agree with a broad argument over a nuanced one. That’s par for the course with you.

Let’s all hope that Ortega looks great against Max so that we can give him all the buffs you two want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »