Home

New fighter update?

This is a discussion on New fighter update? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #41
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New fighter update?

I'm a waaaaay bigger fan of Max than Ortega. Way bigger. I spent 8 years with a Hawaiian/Polynesian woman, and have a deep appreciation for their culture.

I'm just being objective and Cal is talking facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #42
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
And yet still vastly underrated.

I was going to wait until he fought Max to start beating the drum for Ortega again but considering Max is currently out indefinitely I can’t wait another few months to get Ortega rated accurately.

Ortega currently isn’t a ‘top’ fighter in game as his style is to apply intense forward pressure and strike with zero fear of being taken down (infact that’s WHY he fights like he does) but his stats currently don’t allow you to do that in game.

His striking stamina and endurance are far too low, as stated above Ortega has gone 5 rounds twice and to the third round in another 7 of his 14 fights and he has got finishes in the third round in 5 of those 7 fights. Not only that he is always pushing the pace and on the front foot. He has not once even looked tired at any point, in any fight. People can’t deal with his endurance and end up getting finished.

Striking stamina 87 to 89
Endurance 89 to 92
Marathoner level 3

Due to his fighting style he frequently takes big shots but he’s never been rocked and only been dropped once in his UFC career and that was because his feet got crossed up against Guida and he popped straight back up. The guy has been in there with Cub, Edgar and Moicano (who recently KO’d Cub) he has the same chin rating as Edgar (who always shows incredible recovery and rightly has 99 heart but he does get dropped a lot.)

Look at him take a clean head kick like it’s nothing

Chin strength 90 to 92

His blocking is also on he low side. He has a unique blocking style where he puts his hands to his temples and uses his elbows to deflect strikes.

Blocking 88 to 91

Ortega is an absolute monster, he’s 14-0 and we still don’t know just how good he is.

Im sorry, but Cal is on point with his "broad arguement".
Old 11-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
New fighter update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
Im sorry, but Cal is on point with his "broad arguement".

Don’t care who you are a bigger fan of. An argument that Ortega should be buffed no matter how he performs and how he wins is nonsensical. My point is that I would rather see how he performs before deciding if and where he gets buffed. Another point is I’m not surprised that you would take the broad “buff him everywhere” approach instead of the more targeted let’s wait and see approach given that’s how you approach a lot of your suggestions regarding the game.

Anyway, that’s besides the point. Moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Don’t care who you are a bigger fan of. An argument that Ortega should be buffed no matter how he performs and how he wins is nonsensical. My point is that I would rather see how he performs before deciding if and where he gets buffed. Another point is I’m not surprised that you would take the broad “buff him everywhere” approach instead of the more targeted let’s wait and see approach given that’s how you approach a lot of your suggestions regarding the game.

Anyway, that’s besides the point. Moving on.

But how he performs is kind of irrelevant in this case given how he’s vastly underrated based on his fights so far.

Even if he gets KO’d in the first punch of the fight it wouldn’t change the fact he’s still underrated.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
New fighter update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
But how he performs is kind of irrelevant in this case given how he’s vastly underrated based on his fights so far.

Even if he gets KO’d in the first punch of the fight it wouldn’t change the fact he’s still underrated.

Actually it isn’t. You want an endurance buff right? Well let’s say he starts gassing badly at the start of the 2nd. Kinda hard to make an argument that his endurance needs a big buff based off his current rating and his performance in that fight.

With that said, it’s a waste of time to argue hypotheticals. I have three fight nights and a good amount of fighters to watch and potentially rerate before we even get to the Toronto card. I’ll address that when we get there. I’m more focused on changes to people who fought last night than I am to fighters who fight a month from now.

Last edited by aholbert32; 11-11-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually it isn’t. You want an endurance buff right? Well let’s say he starts gassing badly at the start of the 2nd. Kinda hard to make an argument that his endurance needs a big buff based off his current rating and his performance in that fight.

With that said, it’s a waste of time to argue hypotheticals. I have three fight nights and a good amount of fighters to watch and potentially retake before we even get to the Toronto card. I’ll address that when we get there. I’m more focused on changes to people who fought last night than I am to fighters who fight a month from now.

That’s fair. We will pick this up in a month.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #47
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Hes not saying "der just buff him everywhere" at all....

When Cal first started posting about Ortrga I responded with "Doesn't he have great stats already?". But I kept an open mind when he responded with a deep arguement and multiple examples supporting his arguement, and After reading his take, I realized I was wrong and he was right.

Look at his posts, Like, what more could you want?

How is a technical break down, with video evidence as proof a "general arguement"?
Old 11-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #48
MVP

Because the argument wasn't about that. cal was conflating his original argument with "well, his stats are underpowered anyway, change them". The original argument was, "his stats should be buffed regardless of his performance against Holloway pending a win".

aholbert rightfully says his stats shouldn't be buffed without regard to how he looks. Should he be buffed if he gets absolutely tooled for four rounds and then gets some insane flying armbar? The answer is clearly no.

Should Ortega have better stats? Yes. If alhobert was making the argument that Ortega was properly made stats-wise currently, I think most people would agree that he is wrong. But, it isn't what he was arguing in this case.

Pretty simple stuff, but I'm not surprised the distinction has been lost with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »