Home

A Social Space Similar To NBA 2K's

This is a discussion on A Social Space Similar To NBA 2K's within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: A Social Space Similar To NBA 2K's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
I don't think MyPark is the same thing as Neighborhood unless I'm mistaken? Both offer a great social experience where you can interact with other players and queue up to face the winners, but I think Neighborhood profoundly expanded upon that and added more things that could be done. MyPark also lends credence to my point that social areas are popular and keeps players coming back. MyPark was so popular that they added a neighborhood to it, which is now the most played mode.

And the pun was absolutely intentional
MyPark was a mode where you used your own created player and you could physically join these courts to match up with other players around you. At least in 2k18 it worked the same way but instead you had to physically walk to the court area. There streets were lined with shops and a barbershop whereas before you just accessed them via a menu. I much preferred the menu system because it was a lot quicker and others still could see your appearance.

edit: I haven't played 2k19 so I can't comment on how much it changed from 2k18.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #10
Rookie

What if we just had a Challenge mode or something? You could see a list of online players, their rank/score/record/ping. Then you could challenge people, and they could accept or reject. You could challenge high ranked guys to get a chance to have your *** kicked by the best.

This part is a bit ambitious but, it could show top level fights in a separate list and allow streaming so we could watch if people have their settings to allow it.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:13 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
MyPark was a mode where you used your own created player and you could physically join these courts to match up with other players around you. At least in 2k18 it worked the same way but instead you had to physically walk to the court area. There streets were lined with shops and a barbershop whereas before you just accessed them via a menu. I much preferred the menu system because it was a lot quicker and others still could see your appearance.

edit: I haven't played 2k19 so I can't comment on how much it changed from 2k18.
As I said, MyPark is not the same as Neighborhood. But both offered a social experience, and that social experience is the reason for its success. A social experience for EA's UFC would be a welcomed featured.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 07:07 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
As I said, MyPark is not the same as Neighborhood. But both offered a social experience, and that social experience is the reason for its success. A social experience for EA's UFC would be a welcomed featured.
What is this assessment based on? I would attribute MyPark's (Neighborhood is just convoluted MyPark IMO) popularity to the fact that it is much easier to play as one character as opposed to a whole team. Using a whole team in 2K is considerably more difficult than in a game like FIFA. Playing as an individual is more fun since every role contributes to offense in basketball whereas football has some very defensive positions/roles and you need too many people to have a proper football match.

Now, obviously social features and the ability to express yourself (e.g. your appearance) are good for any online game but I don't think a hub world would fit a 1-on-1 fighting game. I think in-game tournaments, clans/camps, lobbies with spectate mode etc. would be much more practical features.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #13
Rookie

I have 2k18 and I can say adding the neighbourhood into ufc 4 would be the biggest waste of time. This honestly has to be one of the worst ideas I’ve read. Legit made me cringe thinking about dealing with the neighbourhood on ufc.🤢🤢🤢
Old 01-03-2019, 02:02 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
What is this assessment based on? I would attribute MyPark's (Neighborhood is just convoluted MyPark IMO) popularity to the fact that it is much easier to play as one character as opposed to a whole team. Using a whole team in 2K is considerably more difficult than in a game like FIFA. Playing as an individual is more fun since every role contributes to offense in basketball whereas football has some very defensive positions/roles and you need too many people to have a proper football match.

Now, obviously social features and the ability to express yourself (e.g. your appearance) are good for any online game but I don't think a hub world would fit a 1-on-1 fighting game. I think in-game tournaments, clans/camps, lobbies with spectate mode etc. would be much more practical features.
You couldn't be more wrong. MyPark's popularity has nothing to do with the ease at which to play with one character as opposed to a whole team as you suggested. That makes no sense to me. Playing with a group of people and relying on others to succeed makes the game much more difficult as opposed to using a whole team.

I think what I described in the original post would work great for this game. I may have updated it so try reading it again. As for what you mentioned in your post about "in-game tournaments, clans/camps, lobbies with spectate mode etc," can you explain what you mean by this? There are already "in-game tournaments." Don't you mean online tournaments?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »