Home

Issues with UFC 3 that I've found.

This is a discussion on Issues with UFC 3 that I've found. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Issues with UFC 3 that I've found.

We have:

Knee tracking the head when side lunging, and it tracks when your opponent is in your face, which isn't necessarily fair. If you lunge before the knee, or even as you see it coming out, you should be out of harm's way, period.

By the way, when this body knee hits your head as you're lunging, it does a good amount of damage to your stamina as well.

Uppercut's and Straights being side dependent when they are straight shots and should be evaded lunging either left or right.

Body kick damage not being mitigated when lunging AWAY from the strike. Same with lunging AWAY from leg kicks.

If you lunge AWAY from a forward moving body kick, you should be able to get the aforementioned side angle. Instead, you get damaged for your trouble even though you lunged AWAY from the shot.

Body punches WILL track you like magnets when you're lunging. So if your opponent is throwing a jab to the head- straight to the body, and you lunge the jab, the straight will track.

Hooks will track to the body even if you lunge away in the correct direction.

Oblique Kick- Spin Kick.

If the oblique kick is defended by holding Low Block, your opponent gets a free spin kick to your face! (PROBLEM FIXED)

Also the speed of the Spin Kick after the oblique is the same as Season 1, that has to be fixed.

Oblique Kick in General: Can still track you when side lunge or even when trying to side step it.

Double legs converting into single legs, a bug that is costly especially when trying to initiate the undeniable TD. (URGENT, NEEDS TO BE FIXED)

Even if the single leg takedown is initiated while the opponent has their leg in the air, the meter fills extremely slow and as a result the takedown is easily denied.

A huge frustration for many grapplers. You input the double leg and a single leg comes out. I posted a thread about hitting undeniable TDs, I've done them in my ESFL Fights, I've done them in ranked consistently and you ca find plenty on my channel. This double leg bug is one of the more annoying things about grappling.

Speaking of grappling...

Undeniable TDs do not make any sound, and are not counted as landed takedowns. This must be fixed. (FIXED)

Judo Throw Counters are not counted as takedowns. (FIXED)

When you land a takedown, YOUR Long term stamina goes down. Yep, you read correctly. YOU landed a takedown, and YOU lose long term stamina, rather than your opponent for failing to defend a takedown. Check it out for yourself. You can also see plenty of that, in one of my videos against an Anthony Pettis player while I had Khabib Nurmagomedov.

When your body kick is caught, and you try to block it, or even pre block it, an animation won't show, or rarely will show with you successfully blocking the strike. Very inconsistent and it has definitely cost many people fights.

There's a lot more but this is everything I remember off of the top of my head.

I do not have a computer so therefore it does not allow me to post gifs, even with the OperationSports App, but anybody who spends time playing this game will be familiar with all of this.

NEW:
The minor Side Steps, can avoid hooks when they were only meant to avoid straight strikes. This includes body hooks as well. This is the problem with them online. The intended mechanic was only to avoid straight strikes, not round strikes. They also mitigate damage from leg kicks as well. This has to be fixed.

ANOTHER takedown issue:

Single legs by the cage will not transition to the cage. (I have video)

New: If you feint a strike trying to draw out a empty slip straight from your opponent, so you can hit them with a lead hook, the slip straight will stun you and you won't get your hook out, when you should be winning the exchange.

Issue: You time a minor back sway on a hook, sometimes the game will slide your opponent forward just to have them land the strike even though you timed the back sway, which I think is ridiculous. Makes minor back sways not even worth the risk, but I don't want to be major back swaying all the time either.

Issue: The third strike in a forward moving combination, without taking a pause after the 2nd strike to regain footing, still hitting your block as you back away. Same thing with body strikes as well. That needs to be fixed.

Body Kicks will hit air and clearly show a gap between your opponents body and your foot, yet it will still register as landing. Conversely, you can have bodykicks go 'through' your opponent despite being in proper range.

Getting Driven to the cage, counts as a TD for your opponent.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 01-28-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Issues with UFC 3 that I've found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
We have:

Knee tracking the head when side lunging, and it tracks when your opponent is in your face, which isn't necessarily fair. If you lunge before the knee, or even as you see it coming out, you should be out of harm's way, period.

By the way, when this body knee hits your head as you're lunging, it does a good amount of damage to your stamina as well.

Uppercut's and Straights being side dependent when they are straight shots and should be evaded lunging either left or right.

Body kick damage not being mitigated when lunging AWAY from the strike. Same with lunging AWAY from leg kicks.

If you lunge AWAY from a forward moving body kick, you should be able to get the aforementioned side angle. Instead, you get damaged for your trouble even though you lunged AWAY from the shot.

Body punches WILL track you like magnets when you're lunging. So if your opponent is throwing a jab to the head- straight to the body, and you lunge the jab, the straight will track.

Hooks will track to the body even if you lunge away in the correct direction.

Oblique Kick- Spin Kick.

If the oblique kick is defended by holding Low Block, your opponent gets a free spin kick to your face!

Also the speed of the Spin Kick after the oblique is the same as Season 1, that has to be fixed.

Oblique Kick in General: Can still track you when side lunge or even when trying to side step it.

Double legs converting into single legs, a bug that is costly especially when trying to initiate the undeniable TD.

Even if the single leg takedown is initiated while the opponent has their leg in the air, the meter fills extremely slow and as a result the takedown is easily denied.

A huge frustration for many grapplers. You input the double leg and a single leg comes out. I posted a thread about hitting undeniable TDs, I've done them in my ESFL Fights, I've done them in ranked consistently and you ca find plenty on my channel. This double leg bug is one of the more annoying things about grappling.

Speaking of grappling...

Undeniable TDs do not make any sound, and are not counted as landed takedowns. This must be fixed.

Judo Throw Counters are not counted as takedowns.

When you land a takedown, YOUR Long term stamina goes down. Yep, you read correctly. YOU landed a takedown, and YOU lose long term stamina, rather than your opponent for failing to defend a takedown. Check it out for yourself. You can also see plenty of that, in one of my videos against an Anthony Pettis player while I had Khabib Nurmagomedov.

When your body kick is caught, and you try to block it, or even pre block it, an animation won't show, or rarely will show with you successfully blocking the strike. Very inconsistent and it has definitely cost many people fights.

There's a lot more but this is everything I remember off of the top of my head.

I do not have a computer so therefore it does not allow me to post gifs, even with the OperationSports App, but anybody who spends time playing this game will be familiar with all of this.
Glad somebody mentioned the issue with takedowns, I think there is a lack of balance with grappling stamina as well. It's impossible to gas your opponent with clinch/ground work denials and ground and pound.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:09 AM   #3
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

A good chunk of your long term stamina gets taken away once you get up from a take down too. But ONLY if you get up or they escape from the ground.

So it seems like if you get a takedown in the last 15 seconds of the rd and your opponent gets up with 5 seconds left, you both lose a lot of long term stamina, but if you just keep it on the ground til the end of the rd, no long term stamina is removed just cuz you didn't stand up or they didn't escape...? I'm not sure I understand why it'd work this way...

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-21-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Good work on this issues compilation.

My one if the most needed fixes - we need return of RESET button in Practice.

And Buffer issues
Old 11-21-2018, 06:39 AM   #5
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Good work on this issues compilation.

My one if the most needed fixes - we need return of RESET button in Practice.

And Buffer issues
That is another issue.

And now to bring the attention of this, something that SUGATA has brought up before but it was marred under the whole Haptic Feedback thing.

The minor Side Steps, can avoid hooks when they were only meant to avoid straight strikes. This includes body hooks as well. This is the problem with them online. The intended mechanic was only to avoid straight strikes, not round strikes. They also mitigate damage from leg kicks as well. This has to be fixed.

ANOTHER takedown issue:

Single legs by the cage will not transition to the cage a good portion of the time.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 11-21-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
That is another issue.

And now to bring the attention of this, something that SUGATA has brought up before but it was marred under the whole Haptic Feedback thing.

ANOTHER takedown issue:

Single legs by the cage will not transition to the cage a good portion of the time.
Shouldnt the side steps mitigate damage if a round strike is thrown and they are moving away from it?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Shouldnt the side steps mitigate damage if a round strike is thrown and they are moving away from it?
To mitigate damage is to make it less severe, but in this case, there is little to NO damage. Even when you go into the strike.

Basically, you simply just keep stepping back and forth and suddenly you're dodging strikes like you're Neo in the matrix. That is simply not realistic and I know you're very aware of that.

It was meant to avoid straight strikes, not round strikes period.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 11-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
That is another issue.

ANOTHER takedown issue:

If you know theyre gonna abuse that throw a high kick. Gg. Lol. I personally feel its not game breaking. You can bait them

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »