Home

Old 11-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
I don't think he's talking about your style, but about the fact you find slower paced fights boring.
I worry that the post hasn't been fully read or understood if that's the conclusion you guys are coming to.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
I worry that the post hasn't been fully read or understood if that's the conclusion you guys are coming to.

“People just slowing their pace down to try and to get the stamina advantage. It's boring. In and out, in and out, out, out, jab and hook, out, in and out... zzzzz”

Maybe I need to work on my reading comprehension but I dunno any other way to interpet that lol
Old 11-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #19
MVP

Would be all for your changes but it's a thing for UFC 4.

Some of the following would need to happen to balance things for online:

1) Improved defensive options
- Blocking with head movement
- Perfect block Gaethje style
- Check hooks off head movement
- Stiff arm pivots and pivots without needing to dodge a punch
- Rolling shots with footwork on exit, rolling off a straight or hook
- Probing hand, stiff arming while static
- Light feints, like feeler shots for example weidman probing with his cross punch

2) Slowed down hard combos which makes 1 easier.

3) Soft and hard shot distinction.

4) Reworked stamina system overall. Anaerobic vs aerobic expenditures. Passive defense is aerobic whereas active is anaerobic.

Passive defense examples:
Slight bobbing and weaving, changing head slots
Hand parries and deflecting
Probes

Active defense examples:
Quick slips and jerk head movements
Hard blocks e.g. against a body shot
Running away style footwork

Then similar for offense with hard shots vs light shots.

Basically you need to up the defense if you're going to buff pressure / volume fighting. Would love for more fights to go to decisions.

Would be interesting to see how it could all come together but deeper incorporation of real life stuff will bring the next UFC to a whole new level. I really hope they give us unique animations too. Tyron Woodleys punches should burst through like a sprinter on the 100m line whereas Diaz's should be ugly yet efficient and precise, just non-stop mix ups like someone who talks too much.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
“People just slowing their pace down to try and to get the stamina advantage. It's boring. In and out, in and out, out, out, jab and hook, out, in and out... zzzzz”

Maybe I need to work on my reading comprehension but I dunno any other way to interpet that lol
So at the moment, I'm happy with the current stamina system. I believe some tweaks are still required but It's certainly better than it once was. I did mention at the start of the post, that if some of the suggestions made were implemented, I'd be worried about stamina becoming far too important.

I gave an example of why it concerned me and believe that these changes being talked of would only worsen the example I gave.

I'm assuming you try to replicate a technical fight when playing. Can I ask, when you're down two rounds in a three round fight, do you change things up?

BTW, KOing someone on this game, when YOU have less stamina, requires players to be much more technical than the, in and out , jab, hook players.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #21
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

No I still stay patient and look for my opportunity, pick my shots, play smart, stick and move, and look for the right opening.

You're literally desribing how people actually fight irl, and saying it's boring....

You want rock em, sock em action. Thats a fair opinion. Just own it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
So at the moment, I'm happy with the current stamina system. I believe some tweaks are still required but It's certainly better than it once was. I did mention at the start of the post, that if some of the suggestions made were implemented, I'd be worried about stamina becoming far too important.

I gave an example of why it concerned me and believe that these changes being talked of would only worsen the example I gave.

I'm assuming you try to replicate a technical fight when playing. Can I ask, when you're down two rounds in a three round fight, do you change things up?

BTW, KOing someone on this game, when YOU have less stamina, requires players to be much more technical than the, in and out , jab, hook players.

Tbh I dont have a particular style. It depends matchups. I have the most fun when I mimic a fighter’s style.

If I’m down 2-0 it all depends on how the fight is going. I dont automatically resort to pressure.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #23
Banned

The real problem is how power and speed still translates with low stamina.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Tbh I dont have a particular style. It depends matchups. I have the most fun when I mimic a fighter’s style.

If I’m down 2-0 it all depends on how the fight is going. I dont automatically resort to pressure.
I wasn't wanting the guy to spam overhands and uppercuts. I wanted to play the game. Not back up and wait out the clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »