Home

Submissions

This is a discussion on Submissions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Submissions

You should get grapple advantage after escaping a sub at least. I'm sure it just goes to neutral right now.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
There's a lot wrong with clinch, but striking wise MT clinch strikes simply don't need to be one and done. Whatever adjustments they make to clinch & mt clinch in the future, the power AND speed of clinch strikes need adjusting too. Power in MT knees and elbows should be lessened or more so have there own varied vulnerability and the speed needs to be faster.

I rarely look at ratings but are there even clinch striking ratings?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Spot on about this.

There's a noticeable difference between ending up on the ground against a Maia and a Lawler.

There's a noticeable difference between standing against Mcgregor and an Ortega.

The only difference when it comes to the clinch, that I can think of, is clinch control. It being harder to transition in the clinch (without being denied) vs a Cormier compared to a Stipe.

But MT clinch Experts... maybe slightly more damage? Which itself isn't particularly noticeable because an elbow from a McGregor in MT clinch, will likely still result in the same outcome - a rock.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #19
Rookie

Anyone see Khalil Rountree vs Johnny Walker recently?

What Johnny Walker done with Khalil in the MT clinch was scary (controlling someone like khalil with this clinch, then made easy work of him). I don't believe that is currently possible in this game.

Old 11-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
You should get grapple advantage after escaping a sub at least. I'm sure it just goes to neutral right now.

Right, this is what I'm getting at. How do I not at least get a free strike or an enormous amount of grapple advantage after getting out of a submission? That in itself would deter the spam.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
It's not really confusing. It's the same buttons as denying a transition, yes.

With all due respect, the fact you didn't realise denying a submission is the same as denying transitions, makes me wonder how much time you've put into learning how to beat this sub spam.

Still waiting for a link or name of a video that highlights this issue.

Why would I need to provide a link for this? Does anyone need to provide a link proving that the MT clinch is spammed as has been claimed within this same thread? And again, what does me being confused by submission denials have to do with the fact that the stamina tax for repeated failed submissions is inconsistent with the stamina tax for repeated whiffed strikes? It doesn't take any energy to constantly go after submissions lol???

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teezie
Why would I need to provide a link for this? Does anyone need to provide a link proving that the MT clinch is spammed as has been claimed within this same thread? And again, what does me being confused by submission denials have to do with the fact that the stamina tax for repeated failed submissions is inconsistent with the stamina tax for repeated whiffed strikes? It doesn't take any energy to constantly go after submissions lol???

Sorry, someone else suggested watching an EFSL fight from YT to see exactly what the issue was. I was asking for this so I can understand the issue.

I'm saying, anyone spamming subs, from my experience, get punished by denials. Just like spamming any other transition would be punished by denials.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
So clinching against the cage is cheese, but throwing constant sub spam is totally fine and just something "the opponent needs to figure out how to deal with". That's a pretty selective narrative right there.

Non stop sub spam with zero set up or regards for stamina is waaaaaaay more cheesy, because you can just totally fluke out a win, even against someone who might be way better than you.

You're not fluking out a win against someone better than you trying to clinch them. That's for damn sure.

I'm not even good at this game and I've literally never been clinch ****ed. I do however find it a great technique to deal with low level to average pressure fighters. Clinch em and force feed em a few body knees and youll cut that pressure down real quick.

Good players can't get cought in the clinch like that tho. I've never been able to clinch a good player and get off real damage.

Good players can still fall prey to flukey sub spam tho, as seen in Esfl.
LOL! Well said, haha. I'm glad someone else picked up on that. There is no way the current sub system is best for balanced competitive play. Again, is anyone in here going to argue that attempting submissions doesn't exert energy? I repeat, it should be as much as a stamina tax as someone spamming whiffed major strikes at air all match. Without you knowing anything else about the stand up system or implementing any technique at all that player is dooming themselves with stupidity. That is how constantly re-attempting horribly set-up submissions throughout a fight should work as well. How is there another side of this argument other than how quickly it gets fixed?
Old 11-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #24
Rookie

The submission system in EA Sports MMA was by far the best submission system ever in an MMA game. It's the only one I've ever actually enjoyed playing with, and I loved how there was a better sense of strategy to them. Plus, the limb subs and the chokes had different minigames. Just felt really good to use.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »