Home

Dominick Cruz' stance and movement

This is a discussion on Dominick Cruz' stance and movement within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Dominick Cruz' stance and movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I’ve given you multiple answers but you struggle with basic reading comprehension so you would think that I haven’t “intelligently answered you”.

You don’t know what you are talking about when it comes to mo cap and why UFC fighters would or would not mo cap. You have no idea about Ea’s mo cap budget. You lied in your initial statement when you said there was only one animation for each strike. I don’t care if you haven’t been disrespectful or cursed. I don’t respect people that outright lie or exaggerate just to try to prove a point.

So take it however you want. Again my only concern is that someone who doesn’t know better will read what you write and actually think you know what you are talking about. You don’t. You have no clue but you are too stubborn to admit that you are clueless on this subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m not clueless and what I said in my original statement and clarified s couple posts up is also something I’ve made other threads about. Let’s be honest here Dominick Cruz doesn’t feel realistic. Maybe it’s the games mechanics and focus on pseudorealism. But when you truely understand just how little went into the mocap it makes sense. You can’t expect fighters like Cajun to be able to emulate him. It took two days for Sean O’Malley to mocap his moves. Your telling me there wasn’t a few days in an eighteen month dev cycle that he couldn’t be pulled in? The lack of heavy mocap in the ground game says a lot about what wasn’t done in the striking department. Again you twist my words. If you don’t understand what I’m talking about in the first place then I kindly ask that you ask me in a respectful manner as I’ve always respected you. I don’t think your low functioning so I don’t understand if your playing dumb or you truely don’t understand what I’m saying. Obviously corners were cut to increase profits. Common business practice. It’s a bad one in the gaming industry because it hurts the game the most which in turn hurts the consumer. This game could have waited another year for release. Similar to the current fallout 76 situation. Ufc 2 was released with new striking and grappling. We were told that the game was like undisputed by game changers themselves. So obviously you guys don’t know everything either
Old 11-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #18
Banned

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049593563

You obviously are twisting my words. If you don’t intend to be truthful when addressing me then please find another topic where someone doesn’t actually know what they’re talking about
Old 11-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I’m not clueless and what I said in my original statement and clarified s couple posts up is also something I’ve made other threads about.--

--You can’t expect fighters like Cajun to be able to emulate him. It took two days for Sean O’Malley to mocap his moves. Your telling me there wasn’t a few days in an eighteen month dev cycle that he couldn’t be pulled in?--

--Again you twist my words. If you don’t understand what I’m talking about in the first place then I kindly ask that you ask me in a respectful manner as I’ve always respected you. I don’t think your low functioning so I don’t understand if your playing dumb or you truely don’t understand what I’m saying.
He is calling you clueless because you factually do not know why Cruz did not do mocap. You are assuming it is because EA didn't pay him enough but you don't have any evidence to prove that.

Your only rebuttal has been that "money makes everything happen" which is a naive mindset. How much money do you think EA would have to throw at Joe Rogan to get him to do in-game commentary?
Old 11-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #20
MVP

1212 is in the wrong here. People need to realize that ea ufc is a division of ea which is allocated a budget for animations, UT, career mode, gameplay, etc. Their upper managers want the budget to be used widely for the most profitable items which are generally graphics and UT. This is out of control of most developers and generally lies in the hands of the board and upper execs, its not fair to blame the whole team. EA UFC is actually a relatively smaller team than your other sports branches like FIFA. So FIFA could probably afford to put in more unique mocapping for their superstars than ea ufc.

Mocapping high ranking athletes is expensive, as you need to fly them out for about two days (and dominick is a very busy guy who makes good money unlike O’Malley) For someone like Cruz who really isnt a superstar it doesn’t make sense. (There are a lot of casuals who barely know who Cruz is given his activity)

Think about it this way, if your budget was theoretically $1000 and you spent a certain amount on animation, graphics and gameplay, whatever money you spent on Cruz now wont be going towards gameplay development.

To say things like “cutting corners” makes it sound like this is some small decision rather than a complicated and honestly impractical decision once you understand the circumstances involved

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 11-25-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
How much money do you think EA would have to throw at Joe Rogan to get him to do in-game commentary?
As far as I know, Joe didn't record commentary for UFC 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »