Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.13 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.13 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: New patch spoilers - 12/3

Added a new type of takedown called the driving takedown. You perform this takedown by attempting an LB/L1 modified double leg takedown from range, where your opponent's back is closer to the cage than the center of the octagon. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

The driving takedown will cost more stamina in general than a regular takedown, but the stamina cost is a function of ratings, the amount of time it takes to get to the cage, and the opponent's denial timing. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

The success/failure of the denial of a driving takedown is a function of those same variables, not just the timing of the denial. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3
Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #34
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0

I (assume) the undeniable double leg simply puts you into Full Guard, right?

If it ended up in a SLAM resulting in side control or even half guard....I could see these undeniable TDs off of a rock being OP.

As an alternative --- I would be OK with shortening the denial window to only a few frames during a rock, *if pre-denials were not possible to perform while rocked*

This would also assume equal stamina.

But if you are rocked....AND have a stamina disadvantage...I really have no issue at all with undeniable dbl leg to Full Guard.

We'll see how this actually plays out. Doubt it'll be perfect but I have a feeling it's a step in the right direction.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 12-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
Who said anything about showboating? I personally don't taunt. Getting rocked in EA UFC 3 is a very common occurence for both players, an automatic takedown after you stun someone no matter what fighter you're using, or fighting against is an absurd idea, unrealistic idea. Now the window being shorter to deny, i'm 100% down for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm not willing to agree that its "absurd" especially given that "making the window shorter" would pretty much have the same affect as the undeniable takedown has. I'm going to ask Solid about the actual breakdown of frames but if its the difference between a 5% chance of stopping the takedown and 0%, I dont think its that big of a deal. Especially when people use non grapplers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #36
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Hmm...yh idk if it was a good idea to make them totally undeniable...especially since everyone can do it. And if this was the way they wanted to do it, this definitely should have been similar to the ankle pick imo, where guys have to have a certain td rating. So yh now fighters like Conor will be able to rock you and take you down right away like he's some wrestler. No he's not great on the ground, but he can still use it to score. A competent player like myself can still just take that free td and then block until I can getup or ref stands it up. But anyway we'll see how it plays out. Just don't have a good feeling about it being totally undeniable and for literally everyone.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #37
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Added a new type of takedown called the driving takedown. You perform this takedown by attempting an LB/L1 modified double leg takedown from range, where your opponent's back is closer to the cage than the center of the octagon. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

The driving takedown will cost more stamina in general than a regular takedown, but the stamina cost is a function of ratings, the amount of time it takes to get to the cage, and the opponent's denial timing. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

The success/failure of the denial of a driving takedown is a function of those same variables, not just the timing of the denial. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3
Old 12-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Hmm...yh idk if it was a good idea to make them totally undeniable...especially since everyone can do it. And if this was the way they wanted to do it, this definitely should have been similar to the ankle pick imo, where guys have to have a certain td rating. So yh now fighters like Conor will be able to rock you and take you down right away like he's some wrestler. No he's not great on the ground, but he can still use it to score. A competent player like myself can still just take that free td and then block until I can getup or ref stands it up. But anyway we'll see how it plays out. Just don't have a good feeling about it being totally undeniable and for literally everyone.
- Takedowns alone dont factor into the game's judging other than the damage it does (which is very little).

- You dont have to be a wrestler to take someone down while they are rocked in real life.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #39
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
- Takedowns alone dont factor into the game's judging other than the damage it does (which is very little).

- You dont have to be a wrestler to take someone down while they are rocked in real life.
Oh ok and obviously I know the latter man lol. I just said that cuz I know cheezy Conor players will be using him like a wrestler in those situations just cuz they know the td's free and they'll get it just cuz they rocked me. We'll see how it plays out. But forget this...that driving td news has made my day!

Last edited by WarMMA; 12-05-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:

A lot of people forget that some fighters have a guillotine when an opponent is attempting a takedown against the cage . I tried to take Connor down and my brother tried to sub me . I was hella surprised .

Imagine using stamina to do the driving take down only to end up strangled against the cage .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »