Home

BISHOP, FROST

This is a discussion on BISHOP, FROST within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: BISHOP, FROST
delete UFC non related characters 26 47.27%
let them be 29 52.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2018, 07:29 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BISHOP, FROST

I remember FROST kick us *** long time...
Until I know how to use footwork
I beat him.
I like everything FNC career story mode.
This guy is a bad ***
Now I can kick his *** in this game.

my CAF FROST by UFC 2
Old 12-07-2018, 09:10 AM   #18
Banned

Very happy about the takedowns

Very mad about the fighter update, it’s pretty dumb.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
How about we get the actual roster filled up before we start adding bonuses?

These patches with fake fighters are massively disappointing for me.

After spending all month on the forums hyping up what fighters we are gonna get this time, only to be devastatingly let down.
Who did that though? The devs didnt speak on the new fighters until the day of the patch. I didnt talk about them until the day before. Who was "spending all month" hyping the fighters?

It sucks for people online because these fighters will likely be OP but the reality is this didnt take major resources. You want Thiago Santos, right? Well, they have to build him from scratch which takes time. From face to tattoos to body type (which they struggle to get right).

For Frost and Bishop, they already had the model created from FNC. They tweaked it some so that it looks better for UFC 4. It was likely the same thing for Sonnen. The only one created from scratch was Severn.

The reasoning behind it is simple. They thought it would be a fun addition. They thought people who loved FNC would dig this. They probably also thought that more people would get excited about this than adding Anthony Smith or Santos or Rani Yahya or Artem Lobov or Nikita Krylov.

When it comes to people like me who care more about active UFC fighters, none of the four additions are great. I also recognize that I'm not the only person they are catering the game to.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsntckx
What's stopping return Nikita Krylov?
Likely nothing other than there isnt a ton of demand for Nikita and adding him doesnt potentially draw new fans to the game. I would love to see him added though.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #21
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They probably also thought that more people would get excited about this than adding Anthony Smith or Santos or Rani Yahya or Artem Lobov or Nikita Krylov.
That's just weird.

If that would really be the case, why haven't we heard about a new Fight Night for years. Next thing you know we got NFL players in the next patch cause people like them more than exciting relevant UFC fighters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #22
Rookie

Many of the fighters everyone seemed to be looking forward to didn't do much for me. I'd have liked a couple roster guys, but the game has been out nearly a year, just getting some new fighters is cool. That being said i'll likely never use any of these 4...

Smith would be a good addition, and santos, but i sure don't care about Artem Blows-bov. If askren gets added he needs a level 5 eye poke for sure...

Its different for everyone. I was talking to a friend the other day and he was going on about how many classic fighters he'd like to see and had a huge list of great possibilities.

This game doesn't really relate to any other game because characters are so much more complex in UFC than other sports games. You can add a zillion new NFL players easy. Fighters, people expect WAY more authenticity.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
That's just weird.

If that would really be the case, why haven't we heard about a new Fight Night for years. Next thing you know we got NFL players in the next patch cause people like them more than exciting relevant UFC fighters.
Before I respond, let me repeat myself. I'm not a fan of them adding any non current UFC fighters. Whether its Joe Rogan or Dana White or Kimbo Slice or Matt Serra or Issac Frost. I think its a waste of resources.

With that said I understand why they do it. For example, do you think anyone other than hardcore MMA fans cares is Nikita Krylov is added to the game? Do you think anyone is going to buy the game because Rani Yahya or Thiago Santos is added? Do you think the gaming media is going to run an article on a 1 yr old game because they added Anthony Smith?

I do know this. When they added Dana White, they got a ton of press out of it. I wouldnt be surprised if the FNC fighters get them some more. This isnt based on any conversations I've had but I bet they see it as "We gave the hardcores two new fighters (the same as last month) and Frost and Bishop are for the rest of the audience."

I dont love it but I do understand why they do it.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #24
MVP

If it will do good numbers for sales and drive some attention from the general public ...I don't mind . Hell add christiano Ronaldo or some other imposing character . It don't bug me none .

I'm all for it .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »