Home

Pre-denying transitions : questions

This is a discussion on Pre-denying transitions : questions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2018, 06:24 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-denying transitions : questions

I say it again if these scenarios were described better then Ground and pround would be more lethal ...if one knew when to camp on deny and it was well defined it would give the ground game a bit more debt .

You have to be a top player or get matched up against some one who doesn't get the ground game to really get a tko off GNP .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #18
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I'm almost positive that, in addition to very good reflexes, Advaita possesses a monitor with very low lag to play the game on.
That's not why he gets those denials, though. My current monitor is an ASUS ROG 1440p monitor with 1ms display latency. My previous monitor was 1080p and also had 1ms display latency.

Advaita just seems to be very good about recognizing animations and reacting accordingly. Just a freak of nature. It helps that he usually plays with guys who have good ground stats. When he has me on bottom, I transition as little as possible. It is actually easier to just be patient and deny his transitions, esp from half guard.

He doesn't seem to have the same animation recognition ability on the feet however.

Current monitor:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=operasport-20

I use it mainly for PC gaming because it has up to 165hz refresh rate and Gsync at 1440p.

Any 60hz monitor with 1ms display latency will suit UFC3 fine.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 12-13-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #19
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

About pre-denials, no such thing exists on the ground. You can predeny TD and clinch while standing and your stance changes accordingly.

However, if you give up your back from mount, the dom has momentum to flatten you, and due to the game's questionable netcode, you cannot wait for the animation and then react. Even if your reactions are very fast (mine are), it won't matter, it'll be too late and you'll get flattened.

So this is the one position where you can legit pre-deny by flicking the R2+Right Stick DOWN denial, and you'll deny the flatten attempt due to the momentum.

However, in most positions, trying to predeny burns your own stamina and decreases your GA. It just counts as a denial whiff.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
About pre-denials, no such thing exists on the ground. You can predeny TD and clinch while standing and your stance changes accordingly.

However, if you give up your back from mount, the dom has momentum to flatten you, and due to the game's questionable netcode, you cannot wait for the animation and then react. Even if your reactions are very fast (mine are), it won't matter, it'll be too late and you'll get flattened.

So this is the one position where you can legit pre-deny by flicking the R2+Right Stick DOWN denial, and you'll deny the flatten attempt due to the momentum.

However, in most positions, trying to predeny burns your own stamina and decreases your GA. It just counts as a denial whiff.
I have a question, once you flatten them out can you block the transition to regular mount?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #21
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I have a question, once you flatten them out can you block the transition to regular mount?

Good question. I don't think so, but the baby punches will hit them out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #22
MVP

Hmmm interesting ...

Old 12-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #23
Rookie

Again it’s all about picking up opponents patterns but here’s some common pre deny/camp on denial scenarios I look for

My opponent stands immediately to over under from sub sprawl- pre deny Lt+Rt and up for 2 gate guillotine

I have my opponent in a Thai clinch, they transition to single collar, I immediately pre deny down to block the momentum single leg grab

Full guard dom I posture up, pre deny down to block momentum feet on hips down get up

Half guard posture up,deny up for momentum get up

I’m in full guard dom, my opponent transitions to full guard for momentum, pre deny the opposite direction to deny the momentum half guard sweep/get up/ triangle

Hope these help you or someone out there

Last edited by VitoBurrito; 12-13-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #24
MVP

But not everyone has the two gate guillotine right ? I only learnt about it this week ...I had never ever knew that existed at all .

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »