Home

Tweaks To Blocking System Needed Now

This is a discussion on Tweaks To Blocking System Needed Now within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Tweaks To Blocking System Needed Now

It's weird man to be honest ...guys just pick someone with mad stamina and just keep lunging forward as soon as you hit their block without holding your block just skip away once you see them move . Then repeat .

This exact sequence is how the game punishes your stamina whilst rewarding a pressure fighter who dictates the pace.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I never had the opportunity of playing fight night but recent events make me wonder why no one on YouTube ever posts videos of people trying to pressure them non-stop with a stamina god in this game .

Only other person I've seen post such a video is IMUHBOXER .

I've said it in the past someone post a video of some just coming with pressure ...lunging strikes after lunging strikes and let me learn how to deal with it . I'm still waiting .

Watch ESFL fights to see the different ways to deal with pressure.

The most effective is to learn their favorite combos and then slip-counter the last strike.

Easier said than done but I definitely dont think the game caters to pressure anymore.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Watch ESFL fights to see the different ways to deal with pressure.

The most effective is to learn their favorite combos and then slip-counter the last strike.

Easier said than done but I definitely dont think the game caters to pressure anymore.
Bro nobody pressures in ESFL ...mention one esfl fight or card were someone has successively just mounted pressure . For some reason nobody on YouTube ever posts fights against pressure fighters why ?

But I will so as you suggest but as soon as you pull counter a skilled fighter will skip away .

I challenge anyone to show me a video of them fighting a pressure fighter with god like stamina in this game for 10 successive fights.

There are certain fighters in this game that can keep in you in the phone booth all day long and box you from one side of the octagon to the other .

Moving backwards even with a back dash is a death sentence in this game especially if you block is broken after an exchange .

I will repeat again I challenge anyone to show me a video of them dealing with a pressure fighter with good pressure successively .

Maybe I suck at this game ...maybe I'm crazy ....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Bro nobody pressures in ESFL ...mention one esfl fight or card were someone has successively just mounted pressure . For some reason nobody on YouTube ever posts fights against pressure fighters why ?

But I will so as you suggest but as soon as you pull counter a skilled fighter will skip away .

I challenge anyone to show me a video of them fighting a pressure fighter with god like stamina in this game for 10 successive fights.

There are certain fighters in this game that can keep in you in the phone booth all day long and box you from one side of the octagon to the other .

Moving backwards even with a back dash is a death sentence in this game especially if you block is broken after an exchange .

I will repeat again I challenge anyone to show me a video of them dealing with a pressure fighter with good pressure successively .

Maybe I suck at this game ...maybe I'm crazy ....

Are you on xbox or ps4?

They dont go wild with pressure all the time because it’s not easy against a skilled opponent. You’re more vulnerable moving forward and your strikes are slower.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #13
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Swisslibax pressures all the time dude. He won his last fight but the opponent did a decent job of avoiding his pressure.

Boiler made some great points and i 100% agree with #1 and #2. Stamina improvements have been great over the year...but i feel like they are just a tiny bit away from nailing it on the head.

I can't believe how far this game has come; from day 1 when everyone just body spammed and swayed to now where fights from the top players look very very realistic. I'm very impressed and these changes have brought me back to the game.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 12-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #14
MVP

I think I will just take a break from the game for a while .

Old 12-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #15
Banned

Game needs rhythm manipulation (its why combos feel stale) and the game needs parrys with no multiplier. Kids crying about parries gave room for the broken system we have. Know what id do if they tryed to block break me? Parry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #16
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I've been very impressed with the improvements & tweaks made to this game since launch --- fixing the head movement cheeze; making stamina somewhat realistic; allowing grapplers to implement their game with new takedown mechanics --- many improvements that myself & others have asked for over the years have come to pass, and it's freaking awesome.

There's a reason I quit UFC 1 after 2 months; UFC 2 after 8 months; but am still going strong with UFC 3 nearly 1 year post launch (damn that was quick).

Fanboy praise aside (love you GPD & GCers) --- I would really, REALLY like to see some improvements made to the blocking system.

I'm keeping these changes pretty basic to accommodate current animations/etc., but of course I hope these and other ideas are expanded upon for future titles!

1) Dynamic Blocking. To illustrate, I like to use the example of someone throwing a Rear Head Kick from too far, having to spin-around to regain their stance. For many frames (idk how many, but many!) --- the kicking fighter is BLIND to what type of strike is coming, assuming the defensive fighter timed a perfect counter.

Sure, the spinning fighter can cover-up and hopefully mitigate some damage from what they expect is a big strike, but they really don't know if it's a straight; a hook; an uppercut; an overhand; a flying knee ----

The way it currently stands, the spinning fighter is able to raise his block pretty darn early (before fully completing the spin) and if they get their guard up, are able to fully-block the strike with absolute minimum bleed-thru or damage to block power.

Let's say I time a perfect overhand right as they are spinning. They get their guard up *JUST IN TIME* but they're really just covering-up blind --- they don't know what direction the strike is coming from at all, so its' a hail-mary defense.

I think they should take some major bleed-thru damage, AND take some more damage to their block power so that future strikes in a combo might get through more easily.

There are other instances where bleed-thru and/or block damage should be much higher, but the spinning 'blind cover-up' is the best one I've experienced.

2) Trade Block Power For Stamina Tax --- I would like to see a 10% decrease in block power. Blocking is too effective in-game.

BUT --- I wholeheartedly believe that 'pressure fighters' (cough cough spammers) still have an advantage over counter fighters. Though this has been improved a lot over the years. There's a reason most of the top 100 throw more than 100 strikes in the first round.

So, I don't want to totally nerf blocking power.

To counter the 10% decrease in block power (thus, helping pressure fighters) ---- I would like to see a 20% INCREASE in stamina tax to strikes which are blocked.

Pressure fighters, if they use their pressure properly, should see a slight advantage under this system. But those who are truly just button mashers will really hurt.

Defensive fighters who rely on blocking will either have their guard broken down much more easily, or will begin to use head movement & foot movement in-between blocking 2 or 3 strikes, to truly gas their opponents with a myriad of defensive tools. Not just holding R2/RT.

As an alternative or complement to this change ---- perhaps block power remains the same, but the RECHARGE of your block power takes longer. Or, your block meter is chopped-down over time while standing. For some reason you can wear people's blocks down with ground and pound but it's pretty much impossible to do so while standing.

3) Left/Right blocking --- I always liked the idea of targeting one side of the body or the other. i.e. targeting opponent's left eye with your right straight; targeting opponent's liver with left hook; etc.

Although I do NOT necessarily want to go back to the old 'left arm health; right arm health' dynamic ... I would like to see some sort of penalty for trying to block the same type of strike over and over.

I'm still on the fence about #3. It was more just a brainstorm.

But #1 and #2 I believe would lead to major improvements in the standup meta, bringing it to a nearly perfect level, based upon the animations & game engine we have.

Anyone agree/disagree or have other thoughts about blocking system??

10% and 20% are big numbers. 5% and 10% may work better.

Also, the block bug where if you hold down the block when getting hit and you can't move your head, that needs to get fixed. You can get your block broken and you won't be able to move your head to avoid the fatal strike.

However, anything that can put an end to the whole hiblocklowblockhiblocklowblock nonsense when you see these guys tickling their nipples and hugging their belly, I'm all for the end of that.

Also, having combos sped up because they're in a combo list doesn't really help either.

Another thing is tracking. Whether you lunge to the right or left when somebody throws a straight, the straight is a straight shot down the middle, you should be able to avoid it lunging left or right. If you go to the lead leg side, it tracks you.

Same thing happens with uppercuts. Don't even get me started on the issues with body punches tracking when you're lunging away. And the god forsaken knees. Oblique kicks track when you side lunge as well.

I feel once issues with tracking are solved, then you would see a lot of that being used to avoid pressure rather than block, and as a result of that, more playstyles open up.

I'm curious to see how lunging at the end of a combination would work out if you successfully predict what your opponent will fire back with.
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 12-10-2018 at 07:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »