Home

Tweaks To Blocking System Needed Now

This is a discussion on Tweaks To Blocking System Needed Now within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Tweaks To Blocking System Needed Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
10% and 20% are big numbers. 5% and 10% may work better.

Also, the block bug where if you hold down the block when getting hit and you can't move your head, that needs to get fixed. You can get your block broken and you won't be able to move your head to avoid the fatal strike.

However, anything that can put an end to the whole hiblocklowblockhiblocklowblock nonsense when you see these guys tickling their nipples and hugging their belly, I'm all for the end of that.

Also, having combos sped up because they're in a combo list doesn't really help either.

Another thing is tracking. Whether you lunge to the right or left when somebody throws a straight, the straight is a straight shot down the middle, you should be able to avoid it lunging left or right. If you go to the lead leg side, it tracks you.

Same thing happens with uppercuts. Don't even get me started on the issues with body punches tracking when you're lunging away. And the god forsaken knees.

I feel once issues with tracking are solved, then you would see a lot of that being used to avoid pressure rather than block, and as a result of that, more playstyles open up.

I'm curious to see how lunging at the end of a combination would work out if you successfully predict what your opponent will fire back with.
What he said
Old 12-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
10% and 20% are big numbers. 5% and 10% may work better.

Also, the block bug where if you hold down the block when getting hit and you can't move your head, that needs to get fixed. You can get your block broken and you won't be able to move your head to avoid the fatal strike.

However, anything that can put an end to the whole hiblocklowblockhiblocklowblock nonsense when you see these guys tickling their nipples and hugging their belly, I'm all for the end of that.

Also, having combos sped up because they're in a combo list doesn't really help either.

Another thing is tracking. Whether you lunge to the right or left when somebody throws a straight, the straight is a straight shot down the middle, you should be able to avoid it lunging left or right. If you go to the lead leg side, it tracks you.

Same thing happens with uppercuts. Don't even get me started on the issues with body punches tracking when you're lunging away. And the god forsaken knees. Oblique kicks track when you side lunge as well.

I feel once issues with tracking are solved, then you would see a lot of that being used to avoid pressure rather than block, and as a result of that, more playstyles open up.

I'm curious to see how lunging at the end of a combination would work out if you successfully predict what your opponent will fire back with.
Dude preach ...

Uppercuts in this game are deadly as **** .

Sometimes it seems like a jab uppercut , uppercut will walk through almost anything .

Certain combos in this game track you even if you lunge to the side . Fighters just stick to you and phone booth boxing begins . All they just need to do is lunge forward with pressure . And wail on your block .

The crazy thing is if you move to return fire an opponent will just skip away well out of safety with footwork . All they have to do is move back after the lunging strike without holding block . So you have to walk towards them to engage and then they plant and give you the good ol combo breaker and finish you off when you are rocked .

It's annoying asf . Super annoying .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-10-2018, 09:18 PM   #19
MVP

But really what was the science behind the block breaking system ...I understand for finishing fights but man are there any alternatives ?

Old 12-10-2018, 10:37 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I never had the opportunity of playing fight night but recent events make me wonder why no one on YouTube ever posts videos of people trying to pressure them non-stop with a stamina god in this game .

Only other person I've seen post such a video is IMUHBOXER .

I've said it in the past someone post a video of some just coming with pressure ...lunging strikes after lunging strikes and let me learn how to deal with it . I'm still waiting .

I post videos all the time of me dealing with pressure and against good pressure fighters too. Just recently, i fought Swiss who is literally scary to fight and he had Michael Bisping, a "stamina god" as you say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EJxbl0B7Rw&t=30s

Start from 6:38 to watch the fight.

Make no mistake, the balance between pressure fighting and outside fighting in EA Sports UFC 3 is the best and most realistic it's ever been, in any combat sim, that includes FNC.

If you run into a pressure fighter, understand that he is taking MOST of the risks. With the way the game is now... You have numerous ways of punishing that. You just need to use the tools you've been given.

If you know what you're doing, you might take some damage, maybe even get rocked badly and dropped, but eventually, you can usually weather the storm and stop these guys. Go pressure someone like Edparker and see what happens. You'd be sniped to death.

If you're consistently running into pressure fighters that are running you over, you're simply facing better players homie and that's okay.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:21 AM   #21
MVP

Thanks bro ...in the back of my mind I was hoping you would say something . I appreciate it . I guess I will just work on my foot work and get better .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 12:34 AM   #22
MVP

@martialmind , I saw the video ...I was wondering I tried the pull counter a lot yesterday Cormier vs wandelei Silva . Is there a certain distance you have to be from your opponent to slip and counter .

But I will give it a go again . Thanks once more .

Old 12-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #23
MVP

@martialmind thanks bro...I think I've figured this guy out the pressure fighter . Thanks for the advice bro . I appreciate it .one.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #24
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo

I've said it in the past someone post a video of some just coming with pressure ...lunging strikes after lunging strikes and let me learn how to deal with it . I'm still waiting .
I have a lot of examples on my YT channel from the past cpl months where I am able to really take advantage of sloppy pressure fighters. It's not easy, but the new grappling, stamina & TD changes have helped. So have some new lunge mechanics/etc., which I myself need to work on some more. But...I know where you're coming from...pressure fighting has its place of course, but even if you BEAT these guys it can just be boring and frustrating anyway lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
This is exactly how many fights (especially against people in the Top 100) go. I hate to be so down on this aspect of the game but... it is what it is.

I feel like the speed of the striking game needs to be slowed down. There has to be a way to make each strike feel more substantial.
This is a major reason why I mostly play LW and up. Maybe I'm just old and my reactions have dulled lol but FW and below just seem too button mashy for me most the time. I did have fun this past LEC, but everyone had 90 Stats of course which makes a huge difference.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »