Home

Cheese city now?

This is a discussion on Cheese city now? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #97
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Cheese city now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
You vs. aholbert would be fun to see...

Will likely never happen. I disagree with many of his takes but I can always understand where he is coming from. The people I argue with are the ones who either lie, use hyperbole or exaggerate just to make a point. Retracted doesn’t do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't think the striking is too cheese.. worst players I come across are those guys who just muck forward with their block up throwing knee to the body, elbow flying knee but like another poster said it's not that they aren't beatable it just sucks the experience right out of the game and makes it very.. not fun and something definitely should be done about it. I think it's the fact you can elbow in to range and fire off that knee rapid fast when you're standing still and it combos, should definitely be slowed down a bit.

My main gripe is with grappling, I've made it into the lower end of top 100 before with basically 0 grappling knowledge other than knowing how to stand the **** up, good TDD and distance/footwork to stay away uppercuts to punish, flailing punches when I know someone wants to clinch etc. I don't find grappling very fun in this game as opposed to UD3, and the fact you have to learn a million denials for simple things is enough to turn alot of people off. The ground game doesn't feel easy to learn hard to master like UD3, it feels hard to learn and damn near impossible to master especially if you didn't play UFC 2.

The fact there's no tutorial for the ground game outside the most basic of things just compounds the "hard to learn impossible to master" thing. Faking is also a weird concept to have it centred around and pretty much no explanation of it whatsoever in game. That just isn't right and is doing the game and players both a big disservice.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #99
MVP

Cheese city is face Souza in middleweight and receive a submission spam fest... his submission stats are almos an exploit
Old 12-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #100
MVP

Quote:
Cheese city is face Souza in middleweight and receive a submission spam fest... his submission stats are almos an exploit
yeah I didn't realize this till I used him. I always matched with papadoc (all respect bro) and would get easily subbed using GSP. It's a nightmare with Souza on top or bottom, but I guess it should sortof be that way, he is a serious sub threat.

But yeah when I use souza it feels like I activated a cheat code the moment the fight hits the mat
Old 12-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Okay bud

I was actually saying he was misguided in trying make it sound like it’s easy to be as good as he is.

I’ve played him quite a few times. He has beaten top players. I’ve seen that he has spent a ton of hours practicing. All facts.

He’s a dick on these forums like 80% of the time but no one can deny his skill at the game.
Exactly ...that's that Jon Jones **** ...you might not like him ...but you to have to look past his personality to learn from him . I have no problem separating attitude from skill .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
yeah I didn't realize this till I used him. I always matched with papadoc (all respect bro) and would get easily subbed using GSP. It's a nightmare with Souza on top or bottom, but I guess it should sortof be that way, he is a serious sub threat.

But yeah when I use souza it feels like I activated a cheat code the moment the fight hits the mat
I always separate bjj skills from mma grappling skills, jacare in mma isn’t like werdum or Demian... he don’t submit to often top guys... I don’t record the last one tbh, maybe lawler ... Anyway his gates are really fast... Ithis need a fix ... Royce should be that way, Rhonda armbar... but jacare... I don’t think so
Old 12-21-2018, 06:45 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
I always separate bjj skills from mma grappling skills, jacare in mma isn’t like werdum or Demian... he don’t submit to often top guys... I don’t record the last one tbh, maybe lawler ... Anyway his gates are really fast... Ithis need a fix ... Royce should be that way, Rhonda armbar... but jacare... I don’t think so
Hes got 8 gold medals in the world jiu jujitsu championships, he should have very dominant submissions and top game. 14 submissions, 4 in the UFC. One against gegard who is a high level middleweight grappler. The reason why he hasn't submitted more guys is because hes getting so damn good with his stand up and knocking guys out for that bonus money. Besides the Whittaker loss where he was dominated, hes only lost UFC fights by split decisions in which he dominated the grappling exchanges

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
Hes got 8 gold medals in the world jiu jujitsu championships, he should have very dominant submissions and top game. 14 submissions, 4 in the UFC. One against gegard who is a high level middleweight grappler. The reason why he hasn't submitted more guys is because hes getting so damn good with his stand up and knocking guys out for that bonus money. Besides the Whittaker loss where he was dominated, hes only lost UFC fights by split decisions in which he dominated the grappling exchanges

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
True, I forgot about Gerard. I know what he has acomplished in bjj... idk... I just feel his gates are faster than it should...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »