Home

Cheese city now?

This is a discussion on Cheese city now? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #25
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Cheese city now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
And had loads of fun with the low single when it was OP.

This is the best the game has been in a while. All that needs to be fixed is tracking with strikes with regards to lunging and many other things.
That's exactly what I'm referring to when I say the movement dodge mechanics are cheese city.

It's not as bad as UFC 2 in that head movement dodges everything but it is exceedingly frustrating to body kick my opponent only for them to duck and make my kick miss?

Not to mention how many times I dial up a perfect hook and they L1 move into the hook and it makes my hook throw short to dodge and I'm penalized for stamina. That's terrible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 12:59 AM   #26
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Also what's with the body knee being uncatchable know? That combined with the overhand is such an over powered mechanic. Ridiculous
Old 12-12-2018, 01:52 AM   #27
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Also what's with the body knee being uncatchable know? That combined with the overhand is such an over powered mechanic. Ridiculous
..it is catchable. And lungeable too depending on the timing. Moving forward knee is much easier to lunge. Unfortunately there is a bug that has the knee track your head when you lunge it when they're close. Which absolutely sucks.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:11 AM   #28
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
..it is catchable. And lungeable too depending on the timing. Moving forward knee is much easier to lunge. Unfortunately there is a bug that has the knee track your head when you lunge it when they're close. Which absolutely sucks.
I played an Overeem user earlier and I couldn't catch a single knee no matter how many times.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:13 AM   #29
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Couldn't be further from the truth but I love the outlook. I don't want Nogueira to be a 99 OVR period as he's not the best heavyweight to ever do it, but he's certainly up there.

I just want guys to be rated as an accurate representation of what they've done. Prime Nog and Zombie Nog are two very different fighters.

As far as the Cormier thing I just didn't think that warranted a reactionary increase - sorry that we had fights the prior day and you use that as a correlation. Basically we both did in retrospect - I accused you of campaigning for a buff because you use him and you accused me of campaigning against the buff because you use him.

Who cares ultimately just a game.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
I played an Overeem user earlier and I couldn't catch a single knee no matter how many times.
they are extremely and easily catchable.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningxspirit
they are extremely and easily catchable.
They're really not when mixed up with Elbow Knee. Which is what majority of the people use now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSkiLLZZ
They're really not when mixed up with Elbow Knee. Which is what majority of the people use now
for me once I see that's their gameplan its pretty predictable to me. if you know a knee is coming its pretty easy to catch. the highest ranked spammer of them on xbox (NWO Roudy) gives me no problems anymore, and his knees ,elbow and flying knee mixups used to destroy me. but now, for the most part, the only time I ever get caught by the **** is when I just cant focus on dealing with the spam becuase it's not real fighting, takes me out of the game and just sucks all the fun out of the experience.

but to rely on catching alone is not the ticket. mix in other evasive measures and strategies, be defensive, and continue chipping away and/or gass them with grappling if you can. players who spam this are generally lacking in another area or two that can be exploited, they rather get cheap wins then learn how to play on a deeper level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »