Home

Cheese city now?

This is a discussion on Cheese city now? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Cheese city now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
I’ve been out of the loop for a little while now.

What’s OP talking about with body mining, and L1 movement, and stuff? Is there a new mechanic that somehow relates to body striking, or L1 movement?

No. There isn’t anything new related to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #42
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No. There isn’t anything new related to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is in regards to being to more effectively side hop hooks.

Really if anything half the time when you throw a hook to the correct side they're able to dodge it by it making your punch shorter and forcing it to miss.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 0

Man i started to play this game again alter a long time ... im getting wrecked by high pressure guys... this game timming dont forgive guys who stop playing
Old 12-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #44
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Honestly anytime you have a game that is designed to cater to an online competitive crowd you are going to have exploitable cheese. It's unavoidable and just the nature of the best. Online competitive is a win at all cost mentality that will never change. I have accepted that UFC is a game that caters to online competitive and that is okay. That's where the majority of the player base resides. However, I am strictly an offline player and have no desire to play online.

My problem with this game is two fold. I took a long break from this game and have just come back after about 5 months off. Now even more so than at release the controls just simply do not feel as responsive as UFC 2. I can't even count how many times I have pressed inputs for punches that simply never come out, or I watch as my fighter throws additional punches (phantom combos) that I did not even mean to throw. I simply don't like that this game feels like more of an action role playing game featuring UFC fighters, than it does an actual sports game. Playing against the AI on hard to often it the game plays out like this: I take my tune, my opponent takes their turn, I take my turn, my opponent takes their turn, and so on and so on. I am not a big fan of the pre-set combo inputs and would prefer. Return to a more free flowing punching system. I know my opinion is going to be unpopular because the majority of this fan base are fans of arcade fighters like soul caliber and street fighter, but I am just not.

This game will never attract new players unfortunately. You can lie to yourself all you want but it's true. You are going to see the online numbers explode because the game is on sale for $20 bucks and they will eventually putter off within a few weeks because new users are going to get frustrated with this game. I most definitely think their should be a skill gap for you online die yards but I just don't like that right now this game feels laborious at best. I am still smashing the AI on hard I just don't have fun doing it. There are just way to many button inputs that are required to do simple actions that it is going to turn people off. I can't even tell you how many times I have knocked the CPU out with a punch I didn't even throw, or I get tagged and dropped because my fighter did a minor sway instead of a major because the action is literally both tied to the same right stick. I feel like you have to guess more what your opponent is going to do then react to what they ARE doing and that is simply not fighting.

My hope is that EA UFC 4 moves a way from being an arcade fighter and tries to be more of a sports game. If you want your arcade fix there are plenty of arcade fighting games out there where you have to press 12 buttons to throw a 3 piece combo. A lot of people just simply aren't going to have the time to sit down and remember every single combo input to be effective in this game. In UFC 2 I could throw any combo that was in the game, and it would actually come out when I pressed the corresponding buttons. In UFC 3 I am lucky if I can even throw half the combos in in actual fight and when I do throw some of the more complex combos half the time they do not even come out properly.

Not bashing just giving my constructive criticism

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 12-14-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #45
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

I agree 100% with everything that guy above me just said. So incredibly spot on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #46
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I have accepted that UFC is a game that caters to online competitive and that is okay. That's where the majority of the player base resides. However, I am strictly an offline player and have no desire to play online.
I agree with your post a lot, but I don't think this is correct.

I thought GPD or someone else stated here that the majority of players are offline players.

But the online players are obviously the most vocal.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #47
MVP

Because, quite frankly, online players are the only ones that matter. Even though offline players are apparently the majority, they have sliders and different things they can do to alter the integrity of the game without sacrificing the experience of another human player. The online experience has to be built around balance.

I wish they would give you guys more options to edit the offline gaming side. Maybe roster move set editing and things like that. Though most of you would still probably complain if we’re being honest here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #48
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
I agree with your post a lot, but I don't think this is correct.

I thought GPD or someone else stated here that the majority of players are offline players.

But the online players are obviously the most vocal.
You could be right. My only frame of reference for this game (any sports games for that matter) are these forums. The majority of the people I see on here tend to be online players.

If the majority of the player base are offline players than man we are in trouble, because there is no way as an offline player the striking can possibly feel good to you right now. The AI just simply has the ability and understanding of the combo system, or what cancel out what more than you do.

I will say this though. The grappling has gotten a lot better since release. It actually feels somewhat responsive and their are a ton of tools. None of the actions or inputs are to complicated and my fighter always does what I intend them to do when I intend them to do it. And when the AI stops me it makes sense and I understand why.

Standing up not so much. I laugh everytime a punch completely stops my jab (which is theoretically the quickest punch in the game as in real life) when I throw the jab first and my fighter has faster hand speed. Or when I go to incorporate a body bunch into my combination and it's a regular head punch because to input the combos fast enough to actually come out as a combo there is no way I can push the body modifier fast enough.

I think my biggest gripe with the stand up is that their is no rythym to the striking as in real life. Right now it's input 12 buttons as fast as I can and watch the animation play out. It honestly really does feel like an action role playing game where I make my choice, and wait to see how it plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »