Home

Driving TD logic

This is a discussion on Driving TD logic within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Driving TD logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Nope, they cannot be TD Countered.
Let’s say I shoot for a driving takedown and my opponent attempts the double under counter, can opponent still switch to the regular takedown denial to minimize the stamina drain from being driven to the cage? Or once they commit to the counter do they automatically receive the most stamina loss possible?
Old 12-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #10
Rookie

much appreciated....I've been using them with a lot of success but never knew sure my opponents stamina would be depleted sometimes.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #11
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Cool mechanic and good tips!

Didn't realize the defensive pummel against the cage could be muscle modified??? Interesting
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #12
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh this is a really good grappling addition. In fact its too good to leave it this limited tbh. I posted this in my patch review thread, but i'll post it here too. I think they need to expand on the driving td's more, by making it able to be used with single leg td's also and allowing the driving td's to end up on the ground in certain situations. So you'd be able to drive an opponent back with a single leg or double leg. Then with driving td's ending up on the ground, all they have to do is follow the same stamina logic they have in place for when the defender sprawls. So basically once the stamina of the defending fighter drops below a certain threshold (before they hit the cage), they'll get taken down.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #13
Rookie

Do any strikes or lunges negate the take-down?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #14
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
Do any strikes or lunges negate the take-down?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Strikes can...i've ran into a few before going for the driving td at bad times. Not sure about lunges.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #15
MVP

This is super helpful, thankyou.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Good tips. After a few days of play, i've already got the hang of the driving td's. Zombie already covered pretty much everything you wanna do as the defender. As the attacker however, the key is to only go for it at opportune times when they won't expect it or when it will be harder to defend against because of your timing. You rarely ever want to go for it from center cage unless you're doing it off of a strike that caused a good amount of hit stun or you're ducking a strike with it. Other than that, you always wanna go for it from close to the cage. Like right on those black octagon lines on the mat, or just a little beyond them. That way when you shoot because your near the cage already, your stamina won't drain as much even if they get a good denial. Btw even when using it from closer to the cage, you still want to set it up well...don't just shoot and give them an easy denial. Also, remember to use that push! If you're trying to get a guy near the fence, thats one of your best friends.
I could have sworn I did it with DC somewhere from the centre by mistake I was kinda of surprised . I did not intend to do it just a normal double leg .

One other time I did it and we we're both gassed got him to the floor and stupidly stood up instead of holding position in wandelei Silva's guard . Man I got knocked out soon as Silva stood up .

Very cool addition . Only thing I would ask for is an animated struggle once the takedown is denied early like you know when you are pushing your car up a slope and your legs are extendended to gain power .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »