Home

Driving TD logic

This is a discussion on Driving TD logic within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

OVR: 0
Driving TD logic

Figured I would go into some detail here as people have been struggling with it and it wasnt fully explained in the write up.

If you deny late, and you hold the TD denial input. Your stamina will drain quickly. This resembles fighting to keep your hips away from your opponent who has already crowded your hips to not be taken down, meaning you have to work hard to create that space and defend.

If you deny early, and you hold the TD denial input. Your opponents stamina will drain quickly leaving them vulnerable to a submission. This resembles already having your hips far enough away that the opponent has to work really hard to keep driving you backwards.

If you deny in between early and late, both players stamina drains at the same rate.

That said here are a few tips.

If you notice your stamina quickly dwindling, just concede the position, dont hold down the denial input and gas yourself.

If you are holding the input down and notice that your stamina isnt draining, keep holding it down and your opponent will be gassed. From there you can go for a submission off the cage to punish them. Or if you wind up in top sprawl, go for the guillotine.

Hope this helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 08:07 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Re: Driving TD logic

Good tips. I will add on top:

- If you don't want them to be able to use the driving takedown, command the center of the cage. Opponent has to have you slightly off the center to initiate the TD, so if you command the center aggressively, you usually won't be in danger of the driving TD ever. Shove / use teeps if you have to.

- Once you are against the cage, the standard double leg into FG is denied with DOWN. The belly-to-belly slam (the one most people favor) is denied toward the side their head is buried in. So if their head is buried into your LEFT armpit, you deny that slam to the left. From what I've seen, the side they bury their head depends on if you are ortho or southpaw (they adapt to you). So if you are ortho, they bury their head left.

- Aside from submissions, you only get one transition option, the pummel. If you get some GA from denying one of their TD's or if you have a lot more stamina from the driving TD session, you can try muscle-modding the transition to get it to come out faster.

- Your best bet if you're a striker is usually to stall the position. It's broken up pretty fast if they can't take you down. So just whack them in the head, sit on the denials (the sided denial to your armpit and the down denial), and be patient.

- Sometimes they will transition to a single. From the single you deny down (I believe). The trickier guys will go from double to single and back to double, so watch out.

- Go into practice mode as a grappler and do the double leg & the slam, or at least the starting animations (like you are faking them) to familiarize yourself with how the tells look. For the double (down deny), the opponent lowers their head down. For the slam, they raise their head to your chest.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
MVP

If you initiate the takedown, can you stop going for the takedown to preserve stamina?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
If you initiate the takedown, can you stop going for the takedown to preserve stamina?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No. They can stop defending to preserve stamina but you cannot stop attacking.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 12-11-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Good tips. After a few days of play, i've already got the hang of the driving td's. Zombie already covered pretty much everything you wanna do as the defender. As the attacker however, the key is to only go for it at opportune times when they won't expect it or when it will be harder to defend against because of your timing. You rarely ever want to go for it from center cage unless you're doing it off of a strike that caused a good amount of hit stun or you're ducking a strike with it. Other than that, you always wanna go for it from close to the cage. Like right on those black octagon lines on the mat, or just a little beyond them. That way when you shoot because your near the cage already, your stamina won't drain as much even if they get a good denial. Btw even when using it from closer to the cage, you still want to set it up well...don't just shoot and give them an easy denial. Also, remember to use that push! If you're trying to get a guy near the fence, thats one of your best friends.

Last edited by WarMMA; 12-11-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #6
Pro

Are the driving takedown, and or spear takedown able to be submission countered on shot contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-11-2018, 04:08 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Are the driving takedown, and or spear takedown able to be submission countered on shot contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Nope, they cannot be TD Countered.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Why all the fighters dont have the Break Transition from the sub cage Double/Single Leg?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »