Home

EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3 ground game?

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3 ground game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which has better grappling, EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3?
EA UFC 3 8 34.78%
Undisputed 3 15 65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #25
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 or Undisputed 3 ground game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
If your complaint is that we dont have sloppy TD animations when rocked I agree but I dont think it’s a big deal.

We’ve seen fighters get TDs while being rocked and also while wobbling.

Kevin Lee vs Barbosa is one of the most recent examples I can think of.

Also remember that there are different types of rocks. A flush knee would cause a more severe one and possible drop. That straight was likely a minor rock.
Barbosa was also tired and Lee danced around on wobbly legs for a good few seconds before he went for to take him down.

In no way, should the takedown in this case be just as fast & effective during a rocked state like this. I don't recall things like this in UFC 2, various takedown scenarios made more sense then, rocks effected them better, plus we didn't have all these simultaneous moments in EA UFC 2 that cause some of these weird moments.

Again, this player basically ran his face into a fist, both at full speed in this rock lol. This shouldn't happen.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 12-14-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Barbosa was also tired and Lee danced around on wobbly legs for a good few seconds before he went for to take him down.

In no way, should the takedown in this case be just as fast & effective during a rocked state like this. I don't recall things like this in UFC 2, various takedown scenarios made more sense then, rocks effected them better, plus we didn't have all these simultaneous moments in EA UFC 2 that cause some of these weird moments.

Again, this player basically ran his face into a fist, both at full speed in this rock lol. This shouldn't happen.

Real life is not as finite as the video game world.. in real life people do not follow a spefic pattern or set animation to things... a rock does not always stun someone or hinder their ability to move or think or react...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Real life is not as finite as the video game world.. in real life people do not follow a spefic pattern or set animation to things... a rock does not always stun someone or hinder their ability to move or think or react...

That makes as much sense as getting rocked and having the same speed & power in strikes. This is of course more linear than real life, but makes sound like you've never seen a game implement this correctly before when this wasn't an issue just in EA UFC 2!

Beyond that, this window of being able to perfectly perform a td when rocked at the same speed as normal is longer than this clip showed yet if he tried to throw a kick, it'd be fatigued. You say a rock does hinder the ability to move, then wtf is a rocked animation for!? That's exactly what a rocked state in a video game like this is built to do. Are you guys not differentiating a rock, from a hit stun, to simply eating a strike? A rocked state should in fact react as a ROCKED state if that is what registers.

What's so hard to understand about this? If the game registered that reaction as a stun, your comment would make sense. But he was rocked, a state in which you are wobbled/disoriented and if you take one more shot, you're done.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 12-14-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
That makes as much sense as getting rocked and having the same speed & power in strikes. This is of course more linear than real life, but makes sound like you've never seen a game implement this correctly before when this wasn't an issue just in EA UFC 2!

Beyond that, this window of being able to perfectly perform a td when rocked at the same speed as normal is longer than this clip showed yet if he tried to throw a kick, it'd be fatigued. You say a rock does hinder the ability to move, then wtf is a rocked animation for!? That's exactly what a rocked state in a video game like this is built to do. Are you guys not differentiating a rock, from a hit stun, to simply eating a strike? A rocked state should in fact react as a ROCKED state if that is what registers.

What's so hard to understand about this? If the game registered that reaction as a stun, your comment would make sense. But he was rocked, a state in which you are wobbled/disoriented and if you take one more shot, you're done.

have you ever been “rocked”? Not stunned but rocked... its not some kind of magical ****ing time warp that slows things down... its not like you are suddenly underwater or some ****... being rocked has NOTHING to do with speed...

Old 12-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
have you ever been “rocked”? Not stunned but rocked... its not some kind of magical ****ing time warp that slows things down... its not like you are suddenly underwater or some ****... being rocked has NOTHING to do with speed...

You don't get it at all. If you can't even throw a punch at the same speed when in this state in the game, why can you perform a takedown this fast? This animation slows your striking animations way down, makes you wobble and your power is lowered. Yet you can perform a texbook takedown...do you understand the problem with that? This isn't about different states of being rocked, it's about the inconsistency of the animation from striking to grappling.

Btw, this was his 4th rock in this round as well (I think 2 were KDs)! Which is a whole other issue with EA UFC 3 compared to the previous as well.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 12-14-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:42 AM   #30
Banned

Do people not remember the widespread side control knee spam bug? EA UFC 3 isn’t perfect but I’m taking it over the cheesy crap in UD3
Old 12-15-2018, 05:15 AM   #31
MVP

The sways from UD3 would be awesome in this title.

They could expand on it and make it so you can chain sways into transitions.

For example:

Half guard, opponent throws a punch, you sway left to avoid a the shot then immediately transition for back side.

Then you could have contextual transitions only available when you successfully sway a certain strike.

To make this less OP, nerf the strike catches by adding feints to the dude ontop.

The other nice feature UD3 had was catching strikes into a submission. We don't have that here afaik.

And finally, being able to scoot your hips and move across the floor to get towards the cage or away from it.

Also, ground rocks were nice. Here, you can't tell when your opponent is about to go out. Usually they look fine then KTFO. Not many TKOs that were initiated from the ground afaik.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 06:30 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painless taken
Do people not remember the widespread side control knee spam bug? EA UFC 3 isn’t perfect but I’m taking it over the cheesy crap in UD3
Like u said, it was a bug, in a time that we didnt get the patches that we have now...
Even with this, its better than a guy baby punching you camping a deny to drain your stamina and submit like how it works now

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »