Home

CPU vs CPU UFC 3

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs CPU UFC 3

It might seems strange to some of you, but something I loved to do in UFC 2 was to set-up CPUvCPU fights and just watch it.
I know, it doesn't replicate a real fight, but to me it was just a fun tool to see how some fight that never occurred could turn out.

Now, the problem I have in UFC 3 is the fact that pretty much every fights end with a sub in the first or second round.
Decision are non-existent from my experience, and the only fights which end-up with a KO are when two strikers are matched-up.
I tried to tweak the sub sliders but it really didn't change much for me.
In UFC 2, I ran kind of an "UFC Universe", and Decisions, KOs and SUBs were about as evenly spread out as real life fights outcomes.

So with that being said, I just wanted to know if some of you had the same problem or figured out a way to have watchable, with varied outcomes, fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
Banned

Re: CPU vs CPU UFC 3

I’ve been doing this in Tournament mode to sort of build drama for the fights. The issue with fights ending in submissions too early is entirely due to the fact that the AI does NOT escape submissions in an effective manner at all. They use all four gates even on the final stages of a submission which is idiotic. It’s basically a bug that I would say needs fixing ASAP.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ciety
It might seems strange to some of you, but something I loved to do in UFC 2 was to set-up CPUvCPU fights and just watch it.
I know, it doesn't replicate a real fight, but to me it was just a fun tool to see how some fight that never occurred could turn out.

Now, the problem I have in UFC 3 is the fact that pretty much every fights end with a sub in the first or second round.
Decision are non-existent from my experience, and the only fights which end-up with a KO are when two strikers are matched-up.
I tried to tweak the sub sliders but it really didn't change much for me.
In UFC 2, I ran kind of an "UFC Universe", and Decisions, KOs and SUBs were about as evenly spread out as real life fights outcomes.

So with that being said, I just wanted to know if some of you had the same problem or figured out a way to have watchable, with varied outcomes, fights.
I do this a lot too ...but not to the extent of creating a universe or anything just a simple tournament or CPU vs CPU fight to entertain myself whilst doing something else . I haven't noticed that most fights end in submission tho .

Then again not that I doubt you . Which fighters have you been using in your Sims ...

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-14-2018, 12:53 AM   #4
Rookie

I am also enjoying doing it from the time of UFC in Dreamcast. Even now, I sometimes enjoy drinking while watching this. EA MMA has memories that I regret that I could not do this.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #5
Banned

I would love to do this but unforunately the sliders are human vs cpu instead of red vs blue corner.

It really limits customization between matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 05:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Putting on simple submission fixed this for me also minimizes the mini game so you get a better view of the submission
Old 12-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevcrane
Putting on simple submission fixed this for me also minimizes the mini game so you get a better view of the submission
I've seen the option for simple subs, and was curious as to how hey work?
Old 12-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I've seen the option for simple subs, and was curious as to how hey work?
Its just smash the x button like in ea mma, simple vut effective lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »