Home

The Non-Negotiable List: These Issues Must Be Addressed Before UFC 4

This is a discussion on The Non-Negotiable List: These Issues Must Be Addressed Before UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2018, 07:11 AM   #9
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Non-Negotiable List: These Issues Must Be Addressed Before UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
Not a huge deal but the intros and time between rounds could be cut down a bit. It can get a bit annoying after you've just finally found someone else other than that same red bar you got matched with about 10 times in a row and then have to sit through all that.

As for replays, could they not just do what Fifa does and saves them so you can watch it all after the match?
I genuinely lol'd at the red bar line.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #10
MVP

@vitoburrito - Ohhhh..#tony soprano crew voice in chorus

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by rabbitfistssaipailo; 12-18-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_No_Name
I only ask for one thing: Give me the option to turn off longevity in career mode.
You want a 150 year old fighter who is 750-3 with 749 KOs eh? I wouldn't count on it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2018, 10:10 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM584
You want a 150 year old fighter who is 750-3 with 749 KOs eh? I wouldn't count on it
For me the best solution (for the next game though) is deteriorating stats. You can keep going all you like but it will become progressively harder to win.

I started career mode again to play with the new grappling mechanics and all but I can't bring myself to play it again (I have about 3 playthroughs though), as I know exactly what's going to happen, when it's going to happen and that it should happen. And the process of it happening is the same. On that note, regardless of what additions there are to gameplay inside the cage, unless the game has proper, rich Career and Universe modes (at the very least), with all the freedom one such mode is expected to grant the player, and is shallow yet again, that would be more than a massive disappointment. These are an absolute must.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
For me the best solution (for the next game though) is deteriorating stats. You can keep going all you like but it will become progressively harder to win.

I started career mode again to play with the new grappling mechanics and all but I can't bring myself to play it again (I have about 3 playthroughs though), as I know exactly what's going to happen, when it's going to happen and that it should happen. And the process of it happening is the same. On that note, regardless of what additions there are to gameplay inside the cage, unless the game has proper, rich Career and Universe modes (at the very least), with all the freedom one such mode is expected to grant the player, and is shallow yet again, that would be more than a massive disappointment. These are an absolute must.
Yeah, besides overhauling aspects of gameplay, having a proper Universe and career mode is an absolute must for me as well.

I would love it if they implemented a super rich Universe mode that’s like a GM mode, with injuries, fighters negotiating for more money and moving to other organizations, signing successfull fighters from other organizations; other additions to help build storylines that could really come alive.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #14
Pro

I’m just gonna list what I view as two necessities.

- Ground and Pound. Does this even need to be elaborated on? It’s hard to explain how bad GnP is without sounding like you’re exaggerating. But it’s awful. PUNCH. (Brief pause). ROBOTIC LOOKING PUNCH (brief pause). Deny escape attempt. (Brief pause to watch a movie about both fighters wiggling after successful denial; GnP deactivated). ROBOT PUNCH.

- Cage seated position. This is the position that ties it all together. It bridges the gap between cage wrestling, and BJJ. It makes the grappling feel like MMA grappling should. At this point, cage seated is the final advantage Undisputed 3 has over EA UFC 3.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #15
Banned

Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
I’m just gonna list what I view as two necessities.

- Ground and Pound. Does this even need to be elaborated on? It’s hard to explain how bad GnP is without sounding like you’re exaggerating. But it’s awful. PUNCH. (Brief pause). ROBOTIC LOOKING PUNCH (brief pause). Deny escape attempt. (Brief pause to watch a movie about both fighters wiggling after successful denial; GnP deactivated). ROBOT PUNCH.

- Cage seated position. This is the position that ties it all together. It bridges the gap between cage wrestling, and BJJ. It makes the grappling feel like MMA grappling should. At this point, cage seated is the final advantage Undisputed 3 has over EA UFC 3
False. Guard pulls. Ground sways. Deepest tutorial in an mma game. Butt scoooting. Catch subs. Pride mode. Lots of things it still needs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Y

False. Guard pulls. Ground sways. Deepest tutorial in an mma game. Butt scoooting. Catch subs. Pride mode. Lots of things it still needs
Well I’m not saying those are the ONLY things we need. There’s lots of stuff we need. I just listed two of the more important ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »