Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd
For me, the ML is the difference. It is such a unique franchise experience compared to all other sports games. Sure, it has its flaws, but since WE came out here in the US, I have been addicted the ML mode.
It's been the same for years just like Fifa's MM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #26
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant0n
It's been the same for years just like Fifa's MM.
True, it would benefit greatly from a logistical re-working. I'd like to see at least 6 leagues -- the five complete ones and one for the 'other' teams with -- and the actual Champions League used. That setup would require some finagling to get the CL numbers right, which might not work without adding more teams/leagues, which I doubt we'll see anytime soon. Of course it would be ideal to have all the teams/leagues possible, but realistically speaking it's not going to happen.

But the great advantage of ML is that the core team management logic is relatively sound. They rotate their squad for fatigue/condition, utilize purchased players and will adapt their formation to fit the squad. I think this is what makes the admittedly bare-bones setup bearable, provided of course that the gameplay suits you as well...

Last edited by Qb; 01-22-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: 'so' is not the same as 'some'
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Definitely.
Definitely as well!!!

Offline I prefer PES because the AI plays a real game of football (passes the ball around the pitch rather than going straight ahead, and cheats far less), become a legend is fantastic (no four seasons here), and master league is great -- and the editing options makes this fun (Guinness as a sponsor? go ahead!!!).

Online I prefer FIFA because of the BAP mode, it is fun playing with a whole team, especially if they know a thing or two. And teh connections are stable and smooth.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

i have a question in pes do ratings matter beacuse in fifa 09 the dont really show

I mean if someone has 80 dribbling and another person has a 90 dribbling in pes 2009 can you see the diff.

Last edited by wolf5; 01-26-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #29
Rookie

Also want to know if each player is different
Old 01-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

yes you can see the difference. That is the base of how option files became edited ( a trend I started back in PES 4 ). The concept was adapted by basically editing specific stats, such as dribbling, to change the gameplay.

By reducing the stats by a certain amount, you could get either a faster gameplay or slower gameplay. Other values could also be changed to provide different types of gameplay.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #31
Rookie

so for the best soocer experience offline u would say pes 2009 over fifa 09 because i am really condisering picking this up seeing how all you guys say this is the most realistic soccer game out there. Fifa 09 isnt getting it done for me offline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #32
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf5
so for the best soocer experience offline u would say pes 2009 over fifa 09 because i am really condisering picking this up seeing how all you guys say this is the most realistic soccer game out there. Fifa 09 isnt getting it done for me offline
I would have to say yes for offline play, it's not perfect and it does not look as good as Fifa but I am really enjoying the offline experience.

I play 15 Min halves and I just had a game where neither team had any shots at all, now that maybe be boring to some, but to me I love it. Not saying that this can't happen in Fifa offline or that this happens all the time in PES but I have just never seen it in Fifa or doubt that I will.

I would suggest renting it first and giving it a fair shake before judging. If you do rent it make sure you try BAL before returning it is addicting and I have never been the type to want to see myself in a video game.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »