Home

PES Noob Guide?

This is a discussion on PES Noob Guide? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PES Noob Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
Thanks for all the posts, fellas. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and give PES a shot this year. Will most likely grab the US version since I've never played before and don't want do drop twice the price on something I'm not familiar with yet. Seems like there's a decent US OF community anyway.

I played a bit more of the demo last night and finally figured out the manual passing (requiring the trigger press). In the final version, is there a way to set manual passing to be on by default, i.e. - not requiring the trigger to be held. I play FIFA on all manual and just enjoy the feel of that control a bit better than any assistance. I guess the same question would apply to player switching. Playing the demo last night was frustrating on defense because my players were always being pulled out of position because the switches were happening so fast.

thanks!

Manual passing is still the same in the full version. As for player switching go into the controller setting and set it to semi-assisted.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I guess you could call me a "PES noob" also from the standpoint that I've owned and played FIFA 2002, 2004-07, and 2010 pretty heavily, though I have owned Winning Eleven 8 & 9 and some versions of PES from time to time. Unfortunately, I was never really able to stay interested in the Konami game b/c the menus are like they are built for a Japanese computer programmer, and the fact that the licenses for the EPL are basically non-existent.

But I own both FIFA 11 and PES 11 right now, and am going to trade one of them in. Leaning towards keeping PES 11. It's just really hard for me to fairly evaluate it right now because I'm so familiar with the FIFA controls, and feel like I know about 30% of how to play PES. Already, though, I'm enjoying some of "sim" like things that happen in PES, and it's a pretty awesome feeling tossing a lob pass into the box and seeing what kinds of crazy deflections, etc. will happen. I can already appreciate how the skill moves will be more useful than they ever were for me in FIFA.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

www.pesmastery.com

Quote:
and the fact that the licenses for the EPL are basically non-existent.
good option files should take care of anything like that and make it even better than the licenses in FIFA.. that's what I have always loved about PES in the past on PS2 when I always played it.. is the editing because people end up making the game more licensed and better looking kits than what FIFA gives u.

the editing in PES 2011 is really good and there will be some very good option files available that make the game more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
www.pesmastery.com

good option files should take care of anything like that and make it even better than the licenses in FIFA.. that's what I have always loved about PES in the past on PS2 when I always played it.. is the editing because people end up making the game more licensed and better looking kits than what FIFA gives u.

the editing in PES 2011 is really good and there will be some very good option files available that make the game more enjoyable.
Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Without a sharing feature like 2k Share, option file swapping is only going to benefit a very small percentage of the people who play PES on console, perhaps 1 or 2%. I own both a USB stick and XSATA device, yet I've still had trouble moving files over with Xplorer or a GUI program (exception errors, etc.). I'll probably keep at it because I would like to see the real teams in the game, but the fact that a few hackers can figure out how to get option files moved into the game doesn't excuse the fact that the overwhelming majority of PES players will never have real teams and kits in the game.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Without a sharing feature like 2k Share, option file swapping is only going to benefit a very small percentage of the people who play PES on console, perhaps 1 or 2%. I own both a USB stick and XSATA device, yet I've still had trouble moving files over with Xplorer or a GUI program (exception errors, etc.). I'll probably keep at it because I would like to see the real teams in the game, but the fact that a few hackers can figure out how to get option files moved into the game doesn't excuse the fact that the overwhelming majority of PES players will never have real teams and kits in the game.
I HIGHLY doubt that only 1-2% of console players use the option files. I would venture to guess you've actually got your majority backwards. I've never played PES before this week and the first thing I did was download a US option file and install it on my PS3. Took a grand total of 5 minutes and one try.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:35 AM   #14
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I HIGHLY doubt that only 1-2% of console players use the option files. I would venture to guess you've actually got your majority backwards. I've never played PES before this week and the first thing I did was download a US option file and install it on my PS3. Took a grand total of 5 minutes and one try.
Yeah, I agree. I have never played PES before and even I knew about using option files.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Many of us on 360 don't simply because they are really annoying to get working. I understand it is fairly easy on PS3 but 360 is much more difficult. I usually just edit the team names myself and use the web camera to import the logos. Eventually I may get around to the jerseys, but that is always a pain.

That's the one reason I would love to get a PS3, as 360 just doesn't let you do this stuff easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Any tips or tutorials on how to get an option file onto the 360? I have never done it before and trust the OS users more than a random google search. I have a Mac, btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »