Home

Nostalgia

This is a discussion on Nostalgia within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Nostalgia

It's getting sorta quiet in here, and while playing more PES 2012 lately, I've also been more reminiscent about games from the series' past. My first ISS/PE/WE was MLS GameNight 2000, which was a really great game for the PS1. I remember they really overrated every player in MLS (there were all kinds of guys in the 90s for every category) but it was a blast. I later got ISS2 simply for the fun of playing with European club teams, even if it was the same game.

Moving to the PS2, Winning Eleven 7, 8 and 9 were great fun - even if waiting for the February release date tested my patience.

I hope current-gen PES can recapture the fun and excellence of these games. I'm sure it's me thinking the past was better and less of an adult time, haha, but I'm seriously thinking about picking up a used PS1 or 2 just for the fun of these games!

Also was a FIFA 98 / World Cup 98 gamer - still listen to the tracks from those games (particularly "Soul Beat Runna").
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Nostalgia

I still have MLS Gamenight and play it on my PS3 every now and then.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_u_treble
I still have MLS Gamenight and play it on my PS3 every now and then.
Son of a b!!! I knew I should have bought a PS3 instead of an xbox
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Winning Eleven 7 was really my first soccer game that I got addicted to. I didn't even like soccer at the time but that game was a whole lot of fun.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Moving to the PS2, Winning Eleven 7, 8 and 9 were great fun - even if waiting for the February release date tested my patience.
I just ordered WE9 (or PES5, as it's known in Europe), and now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. It should arrive any day now, and I just can't wait to get to play that great game again! And this time I won't make the mistake of selling it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathalas
I just ordered WE9 (or PES5, as it's known in Europe), and now I'm just waiting for it to arrive. It should arrive any day now, and I just can't wait to get to play that great game again! And this time I won't make the mistake of selling it.
That's great...I just did the same thing. I have WE8 and it plays pretty good on the 360.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Yeah WE games were very fun and addicting.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #8
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've hardly played the PES series since the move to PS3 but just recently I was playing a bit of Premier Soccer which I think dates back to the early 90's. It doesn't stand up at all well now but I had some fun running people over and going for multiple overhead kicks.

I've also still got a few games from the N64 ISS days lying around, my main memory of that series was how effective the chip was, used to beat up on my mates with that move!

I do have PES 5 and 6 installed on my PC aswell so every now and then I can remember how great the game used to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »