Home

Goalkeepers

This is a discussion on Goalkeepers within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 03:36 PM   #17
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Goalkeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
To be fair, I don't think he means that quite the way you are interpreting it. It's basically the same as when people play FIFA looking for things that are OP, and then adjust the sliders/tactics to balance it out. If the CPU has issues closing down, then the marking slider might need to be increased, or something needs to be adjusted in tactics. I don't think he's saying he's looking for things to exploit just to get an unfair advantage on the CPU and win easily.

To me, it's hard to ignore unfair advantages. House rules shouldn't be needed in 2015.
Fair enough, you can find some type exploits in any game but are most be going to play in a way that pushes the game beyond it's boundaries to see what is broken and what isn't.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #18

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Fair enough, you can find some type exploits in any game but are most be going to play in a way that pushes the game beyond it's boundaries to see what is broken and what isn't.

That's true, most don't. I only stumbled upon the poor CPU marking when I decided to go on a few FIFA 15-esque solo runs at goal.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:19 PM   #19
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
So you are playing to look for exploits? That is all I needed to hear, got it.
I'm a strictly offline sim player. I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I have to test the game under various circumstances:
- I want to see if the cpu D zonal and marking coverage works. Do cpu defenders come for support or not? -> I start a run from midfield. Diagonal move, quick stop, diagonal move the opposite direction. This is the classic way to mess around with the defense and observe how well done (or not) AI coding is.
- I want to check if cpu attacks as intended -> I leave them space to move, shoot outside the box, cross the ball.
I can carry on with dozens of testing parameters. I'm not trying to find exploits to win the game. I'm the guy who is happy when he loses fairly by the CPU. Tbh I prefer to lose 100 games fairly and not win a single match.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
So you are playing to look for exploits? That is all I needed to hear, got it.
I second the notion.

I also read and follow dude's Toronto FC Dynasty in the forums over there and he plays that with FIFA. Don't know how he can say he has found exploits that make PES unplayable but not FIFA...
Old 09-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_yIke5EfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvOs...ature=youtu.be

Brilliant goalkeeping...

These were the first 2 games I played and after playing 15-20 matches I must say goals like this are definitely not an exception.
Not a PES apologist. I played FIFA all these last few years and am simply looking for best game out.

That said, I don't see what's wrong with those goals. The first, the shot looks to go between the goalkeeper's leg. That happens in real life, too.

The others vs. Germany? Nothing bad, in my opinion. The first one look bad, but on the second or third replay you can see why the goalkeeper had trouble with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 06:14 AM   #22
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Not a PES apologist. I played FIFA all these last few years and am simply looking for best game out.

That said, I don't see what's wrong with those goals. The first, the shot looks to go between the goalkeeper's leg. That happens in real life, too.

The others vs. Germany? Nothing bad, in my opinion. The first one look bad, but on the second or third replay you can see why the goalkeeper had trouble with it.
1st Video:
A week shot from outside the box, straight in the middle of the goal and it goes through the legs of the goalie? Never seen anything like that in 25 years of watching football...

2nd Video:

A really weak header from 9-10m away in the corner of the goalie, so he didnt have to move that much, but the animation starts waaaaaay to late. He starts moving when the ball has nearly passed him and then somehow he wont even use the full length of his arms to get the ball.

Third goal in this video, same problem. A weak shot in the middle of the goal, straight at the goalkeeper, but he doenst do anything. He starts reacting when the ball is maybe 2-3 feet away from him and then everything looks like total crap. The goalie Animation is just completey stupid and the goal looks completely stupid. If you see a goal like that in real life, shots from outside the box in the middle of the goal, it's definitely the gk's fault.

4th goal: You dont see whats wrong with? Come on!
The ball goes straight at him, if he didnt move he would save it. He could catch it, he could kick it, he could probably sit down on it but no, he starts some kind of jumping animation and puts the ball in the net...this is just ridiculous!

And of course I know goalies make mistakes in real life, and after playing football games since 1998 I know that its hard to make goalkeepers 100% realistic in a game. Either they are overpowered or they have trouble when there's a lot of action in the box.
But I can live with that!

But what I've seen during the first 20-30 matches in PES 2016 is just not acceptable. They save maybe 30-40% of the shots, not the hard ones, just shots on the goal. And the rest goes in....
The videos are not an exception of bad goalkeeping, this **** is happening in all of my games!

This completely destroys the simulation feeling PES is supposed to give me. As soon as it comes to shots the game feels like Mario Soccer.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:23 AM   #23
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I second the notion.

I also read and follow dude's Toronto FC Dynasty in the forums over there and he plays that with FIFA. Don't know how he can say he has found exploits that make PES unplayable but not FIFA...
Sorry but I'm not that guy with that dynasty.
Also you can look up for my posts in the FIFA game. If you think I favor FIFA over PES you really are far away from the truth. Check my posts over the FIFA forums.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:46 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I gotta admit, I'm a little relieved that it isn't just me.

I was planning on buying it for PS4, but then I went for the PC-version instead, and I'm loving it, only problem I have is the damn goalkeepers, playing in pro, my goalkeeper have a save-percentage of around 10%, if my defense don't stop the opponent, it's a guarantee goal, for the past three games I've been playing between Roma and Juventus, in Master League...Juventus have scored 8 goals against me in each game...I even bought Tim Courtoies with an overall of 88, and even he don't know how to stop the shots from going into the net....even from 20 - 30 meters from goal....for me, that just isn't a realistic scenario, and one match I played, I had 20 shots on goal, scored two...the opponent had 9 shots on goal, scored 7....and 6 of those shots was from outside the box.

I also witnessed three goals from freekicks, around 25 meters from goal....where the freekick-taker actually shoots the ball in the same corner of the goal as the goalkeeper are standing...still it just fly right through his hands....and he just standing there looking stupid.

The gameplay is a big improvements from the last couple of years...but the goalkeepers still makes this game unplayable, because what's the point of goalkeepers if they never actually stop shots from going into the net?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »