Home

PES Master League vs FIFA Career Mode

This is a discussion on PES Master League vs FIFA Career Mode within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 5
PES Master League vs FIFA Career Mode

So which one in your opinion is better? Deeper? How would you compare the two?

Trying to choose between the two. I play as a manager and looking for the most immersive I can get on a console.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 01:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES Master League vs FIFA Career Mode

FIFA career mode is better than PES ML, but what you enjoy depends on which gameplay you prefer. If you only want a managing experience why not play football manager?
Old 11-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elja
FIFA career mode is better than PES ML, but what you enjoy depends on which gameplay you prefer. If you only want a managing experience why not play football manager?
I do play FM. But sometimes I want to play on a console.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
So which one in your opinion is better? Deeper? How would you compare the two?

Trying to choose between the two. I play as a manager and looking for the most immersive I can get on a console.

Thanks!
360/Xbone controller on pc & PES. best route. lol

I love the ML on pes more then CM on FIFA. If you look at the pes sim settings thread, there are some great edits, that get teams really playing like their real life counterparts. FIFA CM gets so stale vs the CPU.

FIFA shines online. Against the CPU can become quite monotonous. The PTE patch has added every team from the Champions League that are not in the game, full bundesliga. Working on Mexican league. Like Almost 80 stadiums by final patch, over 40 something now.

I've had CM on FIFA 13-15 that have lasted multiple season, same for PES, I'd choose PES ML. Specially this year with the update to ML
Old 11-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
360/Xbone controller on pc & PES. best route. lol

I love the ML on pes more then CM on FIFA. If you look at the pes sim settings thread, there are some great edits, that get teams really playing like their real life counterparts. FIFA CM gets so stale vs the CPU.

FIFA shines online. Against the CPU can become quite monotonous. The PTE patch has added every team from the Champions League that are not in the game, full bundesliga. Working on Mexican league. Like Almost 80 stadiums by final patch, over 40 something now.

I've had CM on FIFA 13-15 that have lasted multiple season, same for PES, I'd choose PES ML. Specially this year with the update to ML
Will J-league be added later?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 03:47 AM   #6

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Have to go with PES. I just prefer the gameplay. I mean FIFA has more teams/leagues, and more authenticity overall, but at the end of the day you're still going to be putting in most of your time playing the CPU on the pitch.

I give FIFA credit for slowing things down compared to last year, but that also means you have to play longer matches to get realistic scorelines. If I played CM, I would need at least 10-12 minute halves to get a realistic variety of scorelines. And even then 90% of matches would end 1-0, I'm sure, just because of how the CPU tactics are. That's a lot of game time to make it through a 38 match season. *

Master League to me is just more fun. It has the right amount of depth to not seem overwhelming, but at the same time you are allowed to be creative and build a team. I also enjoy starting out with the default (fake) players on my squad. Plus, the speed of the game allows for shorter match length, which makes getting through a season more manageable.

* You could adjust the sliders in FIFA to help with this, I guess, but it seems like most people never find the right slider setings, and spend the entire year "testing."

Last edited by dubcity; 11-12-2015 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Have to go with PES. I just prefer the gameplay. I mean FIFA has more teams/leagues, and more authenticity overall, but at the end of the day you're still going to be putting in most of your time playing the CPU on the pitch.

I give FIFA credit for slowing things down compared to last year, but that also means you have to play longer matches to get realistic scorelines. If I played CM, I would need at least 10-12 minute halves to get a realistic variety of scorelines. And even then 90% of matches would end 1-0, I'm sure, just because of how the CPU tactics are. That's a lot of game time to make it through a 38 match season. *

Master League to me is just more fun. It has the right amount of depth to not seem overwhelming, but at the same time you are allowed to be creative and build a team. I also enjoy starting out with the default (fake) players on my squad. Plus, the speed of the game allows for shorter match length, which makes getting through a season more manageable.

* You could adjust the sliders in FIFA to help with this, I guess, but it seems like most people never find the right slider setings, and spend the entire year "testing."
Yeah, all thats true. Specially about the score. I use to play 30 minute games on FIFA, could consistently hold the CPU to no goals because they just don't attack and lack creativity. 30 minute games with consistent 2-0 score lines.

Playing 15 min on PES with -1 game speed and I'm getting more variety in the scores then I would at 30 minutes on FIFA.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Pro

How many seasons is Master League? I know FIFA is only 15 seasons

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »