Home

Konami Apologizes for PES 2016 Roster Issues, But Confusion Still in the Air

This is a discussion on Konami Apologizes for PES 2016 Roster Issues, But Confusion Still in the Air within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Konami Apologizes for PES 2016 Roster Issues, But Confusion Still in the Air

Konami's PES 2016 has only been out for roughly 60 days, yet the controversy surrounding the game continues to escalate. If you haven't been following the news, here's a brief recap of PES 2016:
  • Early reviews and feedback from builds shown/played at Gamescom and E3 were very positive.
  • The PES 2016 demo dropped before FIFA 16 (nearly a month before the game's official release) and the hype for release continued to build.
  • PES 2016 released to favorable critic scores (8.0 on OS & 88 on Metacritic for the PS4 version) DESPITE not having updated rosters.
  • Konami releases a statement saying that the offline rosters (Master League) will be updated on October 29, nearly 40 days after the game's release.
  • October 29 rolls around and the official roster release isn't 100 percent accurate, missing deadline-day deals and others close to it (most notably, Anthony Martial from AS Monaco to Manchester United).
  • On November 2 Konami releases this apology to fans.

If you're confused and frustrated, please know that you're not alone. In this day and age of instant gratification, there is no excuse for this kind of mix-up. All positive momentum Konami gained before and leading up to release has come to a grinding halt, and the explanation/apology Konami rolled out does little to inspire any confidence in a company that has recently announced its intentions of moving forward as primarily a mobile publisher.

It's already painful enough to have to wait until after the official European leagues kick-off to play the latest iteration of the series, but having to wait nearly two months to play the game's main mode is an additional slap in the face to a community that has done so much for the series over the years. As we wait to see how this saga plays out, it will be interesting to see the community's reaction and how this impacts PES' credibility moving forward.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #2
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Konami Apologizes for PES 2016 Roster Issues, But Confusion Still in the Air

I've moved on from PES this year as I don't feel Konami will seriously support the game especially now that they have decided to abandon console gaming. I used to get both PES & Fifa but this year I totally committed to Fifa. Not saying PES 2016 isn't any good but the future of the franchise is on shaky ground. They say they will be making future games but I think it's only a matter of time before they decide to jump ship.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
Yep PES just got put on my trade in list for tomorrow to help pay for COD. You f'd up Konami. No love for Xbox users to start and now you have no clue how to update your rosters
Old 11-02-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Konami Apologizes for PES 2016 Roster Issues, But Confusion Still in the Air

At first the update didn't erase my player edits, then something happened and it did.

I can still wait for the next patch from PTE and then continue my ML, but I think I'm just going to buy FIFA instead.

Konami is completely moronic. Wasted a perfectly good football title.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

Sad to see so many jumping ship, but can't blame them at all.

Konami has ****ed things up one too many times for everyone to stick around. I'm hanging on to PES because I have grown tired of stale FIFA, but this is my first year back after growing tired of PES's troubles in the past.

Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself, but it is looking as if it might.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 06:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have both PES and FIFA on PC, FIFA 16 is a good game with the right sliders, better than PES.. but I just can't get the joy and fun of playing fifa compared to PES. In a week, I could play PES an hour or two a day and not play FIFA at all.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:42 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Is there any serious concern that this could be the last year of PES on consoles?

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I really want to get PES16 when the price drops.
I'd hate to really get into this series only to have it end abruptly.
Seems like all my favourite games have a way of doing that:
MLB2K
NHL2K
Fight Night
MVP Baseball
Fox Champ Hockey

Last edited by Money99; 11-03-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #8
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
This is more a reflection of the addictive have it now nature that gaming creates. These games should be on a two year cycle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »