Home

Comic Book Fans....

This is a discussion on Comic Book Fans.... within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #81
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Comic Book Fans....

Slight spoilers, but this is what I thought of 3 of the comics that came out this week.

DETECTIVE COMICS #820
Good issue I thought. The writer teased us with something when Batman said he needed to talk to Robin about something after this conflict is over. I wonder what it is. Maybe he plans on adopting Tim like he did Dick, or maybe it is something to do with his duties as Robin. I think there is only one more issue in this story, so I wonder how it's going to wrap all up. I hope it is an action packed issue rather than leaving stuff up in the air. I'm kinda sad that it appears Harvey is Two-Face again. I was kinda hoping for a little longer to enjoy him as Dent for a while. 52 should be the answer though.

WONDER WOMAN #1
I'm not a big WW fan, I just got this because I want to see what happens to her since she has pretty much been a fugitive for a year. Themyscira is gone, Wonder Woman is wanted for questioning for murder, and she takes off for a year. I thought Donna Troy seemed a bit inept as WW, I think she is more capable than that. Diana's undercover appearance at the end was cool. I don't know much about WW outside of her appearances in JLA and just general knowledge, I thought this issue was a pretty good issue for someone like me to pick up and not be too lost. There were a couple characters that I didn't know who they were though.

SUPERMAN RETURNS KRYPTON TO EARTH
Not much too this issue, it was still good though. It was basically the same stuff at the beginning of Superman the Movie. It starts with Jor-El speaking to the council about the upcoming destruction of Krypton and ends with Kal-El crashing in Smallville. It was a bit more indepth than the original movie though. Next week's Superman Returns prequel issue is about Ma Kent and how her life is while Superman has disappeared between Superman II and Superman Returns. That should be interesting.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #82
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I ordered the following this past week and expect them to come in the mail this week:

Batman: A Death in the Family
Marvel Masterworks: The Amazing Spiderman, Vol. 1
Marvel Masterworks: Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1

Old 06-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #83
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Didn't get to post last week about the comics I picked up. I picked up Thunderbolts 103, and Civil War 2.

Thunderbolts I only picked up because it was a Civil War tie in. I thought it was a decent story. I'm not really a huge fan of the book even though I love Fabian Nicienza's old X-Force and his Cable and Deadpool. I really wanted to like this book but I don't care about any of the characters.

Civil War 2 was a great continuation of the series. I liked it jumping ahead in time to the Act going into place and the teams pretty much being formed. It's already moving fast than the House of M series. Of course the big news is the Spiderman storyline, which I thought made sense considering where his other books have been going. I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Books I'm picking up this week that I know for sure:
Robin 151
Astonishing X-Men 15
New Avengers 20
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 06-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #84

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

My TPB of Batman: Death in the Family came in yesterday. I was reading the back which had some one-liners from different magazines and one said something along the lines of "it would be foolish to bring him back to life." I immediately thought of the new Red Hood story arc, ha.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #85
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymm21

Books I'm picking up this week that I know for sure:
Robin 151
I'll read this tonight. I'm still not sure what to think of what's going on in this story. I have been such a big fan of Cassandra Cain since she became Batgirl, I hope this isn't the beginning of the end of her character. I don't want her to turn into a villian because I like it when Robin and her team up.

I haven't gotten a chance to read last week's comics yet except for Superman and the final Captain Atom issue of his mini, we got a new puppy so that's delayed me. There are a couple from this week that I'm excited about reading, mainly All-Star Superman, Robin, and the Lex Luthor Superman Returns prequel.

Oh yeah I did get to read last week's Ma Kent Superman Returns prequel. It was really good I thought. The Krypton one was just a refresher of the final day of Krypton, but the Ma Kent issue really showed new stuff. It had lots of stuff with Clark as a kid and a lot with Jonathan Kent. The story is written from Ma Kent's perspective and how she is dealing with not having Clark around anymore and not knowing where he has gone. It was a real good issue to read if you are interested in the Superman Returns movie. I hope this week's Lex Luthor issue is just as good.

Atlanta Braves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #86

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

When is the uh..."new" Batwoman storyline starting up?

Old 06-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #87
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
When is the uh..."new" Batwoman storyline starting up?
I haven't read the last two weeks of 52 yet (I will tonight) but the New York Times article that broke her story says that she will first appear in costume during July's issues of 52. I'm guessing her Kathy Kane persona will show up before then if it isn't already in the two I haven't read yet.

I will say one thing about her at this point... I really like her costume:

Atlanta Braves
Old 06-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #88
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin

I will say one thing about her at this point... I really like her costume:

It reminds me of Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl costume.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »