Home

How to capture node screenshots?

This is a discussion on How to capture node screenshots? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2024, 07:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to capture node screenshots?

I am struggling to capture decent website screenshots (node.js) where ads and cookie banners do not hijack the top and the bottom. I tried using puppeteer, but it only works on some websites. It's not impossible to fix, but I don't have time to do it x times a day. Last month the company I work for made some changes and we're rebuilding outdated systems. The plan is to use screenshots for the user guides, sometimes marketing visuals, and layout/design of the products or for checking the competitors and their updates. So, almost all departments will need high-quality screenshots at some point. I have a fair level of freedom in setting things up, and I am looking into ways to automate the process, but at the moment I want to test a few more options (looking at you, selenium). Does anyone have experience with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 07:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to capture node screenshots?

This brings back some memories! Last summer I learned that nodejs screenshot capturing is more demanding than one would guess. My roommate was working on design mockups and looking for inspiration, and I could hear him swearing at various subjects - node itself, cookies, ads. It was very entertaining. Joke aside, I learned everything I know about node from him and tried to help (not to think I was only laughing at his troubles). We tested out different methods simultaneously to save time. For example, I pick electron, he tries with selenium, and we test how the same page is captured - endless installing and uninstalling, going through scripts, trying out this and that. Eventually, phantom.js worked for him but it seems you'll need to take many screenshots of different websites. I don't have to tell you it probably won't work on all of them.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Thank you, I will try out a few of these, even if I know you're right - no solution will work on all websites. Well, okay, I'll focus on finding a tool for this, it'll make my life easier anyway.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:13 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Did two bots just talk to each other?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-14-2024, 01:16 AM   #5
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Did two bots just talk to each other?

Yup. There's several threads in this section where they answer each other's questions and offer suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »