Home

Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

This is a discussion on Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #15745
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

I was never a big Jeezy fan, I think I stopped listening to him completely after I found out he tried to off Gucci smh.

It's J.I.D season, his album DiCaprio 2 comes out Black Friday. His single with Cole is great, as is 151 Rum, and his verse on Rapsody's song on the 9th Wonder collective album. Could be an AOTY contender. Off the top of my head I've got Fetti, Room 25, Pieces of a Man, Swimming, and Drogas Wave as my top 5 of the second half. I'd add Whack World (which I found out about late) and Victory Lap (which I just slept on) to the first half. There's some good stuff coming out before the end of the year so I'll see what changes.

Early Christmas gift from Black Thought, Streams v2:

https://mobile.twitter.com/blackthou...627970565?s=19
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #15746
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

So what ya'lls top 5 albums looking like? Can be rap only or not. Just curious because this is pretty much the only active music thread on OS nowadays.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #15747
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Rap only, not including R&B (too much stuff to sift through, needs a separate list), the top spot right now is gonna be between Daytona, Fetti, Whack World, and No News is Good News. The 5 spot is a Chicago death match, between Lupe, Mick, and Noname. Lupe probably wins out.

I was thinking because of MLB Award season the other day who had the best year. I took Curren$y out of MVP running years ago because he's a machine and I like everything he puts out so he would win every year but him and Freddie really showed out this year. Between Fetti as a collab project, Curren$y's 2 dope solo projects, and then Gibbs putting out Freddie, they've run this year for me. Push with Daytona, his song on Swizz's album, and hook on Royce's album (how do you not give this man a verse) is up there too. Mumble rap Baby and Gunna win easily.

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 11-17-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:19 AM   #15748
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Tory Lanez and Joyner Lucas in the most 2018 rap beef imaginable: some fan asked Tory if Joyner was good on IG Live and he said he's good but not ****ing with Tory. Joyner saw it, challenged him to a rap battle. Tory records a verse over Lucky You (Joyner and Em's song), Joyner fires back over Litty (Tory song), and Tory just responded on Litty Again. All in like 48 hours, the internet is crazy.

Creed soundtrack was pretty mid but that Gunna/Tessa Thompson song is dope, and the Swae/Thug, J Cole/Ari Lennox, and Crime Mob songs are all good.

Apparently there's a Dispet album coming tomorrow?!? 6ix9ine (MIGHT JUST GET WITH THE RICO) this week, Thought, JID, Earl, Lil Baby, Meek, and Alchemist all dropping next week.

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 11-21-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:10 AM   #15749
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

"Gas station gang, pull up let them pumps hit" Tee Grizzley

"Back home smoking legal, I got more slaps than the Beetles" Drake

"You ****** acting like killers but wouldn't kill a thing, might go to the ***** show, just to steal his chain" Conway

"[Redacted name] I can't thank him enough... Nah I'm playing ***** racist as ****" JID

"Where I'm from its a war scene where more fiends scream for morphine, Zoloft, and thorazine" Black Thought

Amazing week. JID didn't disappoint. I still prefer The Never Story over DiCaprio 2 but it's more a mixtape than an album, need something conceptual. Still had some great tracks on there, Workin Out, Tiiied, Off Da Zoinkys, Slick Talk.

Black Thought with 7 songs of nonstop flow, even better IMO than the first Streams of Thought, more focused. 60 minutes worth of lyrics over 23 minutes of instrumentals, perfect. Hopinh for the next Streams of Thought to be either Alchemist or Statik Selektah.

Then Alchemist...I'm so glad he put the instrumentals out with the songs. You have to listen to the instrumental for Mac 10 Wounds to truly understand what this man is doing. That second beat is just grimy. Conway was the perfect guy for that.

Earl's album is a complete ****ing mess, sounds like it was recorded underwater, he's getting swallowed up by the beats... Sounds like depression, I love it. Going to be replayed on many a cold day this winter. The track with his parents talking is touching. Then E Coli off of Bread is the perfect supplement to the album.

Championships... Through like 9 songs I thought it was gonna be a classic. It falls off a little in the second half but overall I still think it's pretty great. Wild samples, What's Beef, Me Myself and I, and obviously Phil Collins. Between the Intro, Trauma, What's Free, Respect the Game, Championships, and Going Bad, the first half is almost perfect. The poppier stuff is hit or miss. I love Ella Mai's voice. Meek should've heard the second hook on Dangerous and just given that song to PNB & Jeremih, that's their song. After everything he's been through, this feels like pretty much the album I expected, huge features, famous samples, classic Meek.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #15750
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Official Hip Hop/Rap Music Thread

Sounded like Dreamchasers 1 Meek, which is perfect.

And that Tee Grizzley line was so basic, lol.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #15751
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah I’m not a meek fan normally ( don’t like nobody screaming at me for over an hour straight) but Championships is kind of tough.

KRIT’s Thrice is tough but only 3 tracks is a tease.

White Bronco seems lazy to me. I can’t stand it when the majority of songs are like 2 minutes or less and I’m a big Action fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #15752
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I went through a phase where I liked Meek and then one where I couldn't stand listening to his music.. it was just too "loud" for me.

I like this album a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »