Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #8041
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

47 Ronin. It was alright....wasn't a big fan of the CGI. Thought Red Cliff (part 1 and 2) was better.

Just a FYI:
Today and tomorrow, if you spend $100 at Best Buy in one transaction you will get a free $15 Best Buy gift card. I bought $100 in Amazon gift cards and it qualified.

Gonna do the same thing tomorrow. It's 1 per day in store, it's 2 per day online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #8042
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Just got done watching (and loving) another movie that I seem to recall not being overly popular, Olympus Has Fallen.

I don't know why, but this movie was awesome. All the twists and turns and action. Butler, Eckhart, and Freeman were great. I remember some being skeptical because it came out basically the exact same time as White House Down, but I really enjoyed the flick.

8/10
Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #8043

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

lol, going through entire Harry Potter series(again), trying to watch 1 movie a day.

This is first time I'm watching entire series from start to finish where I know how the entire series ended(last time I went through the series,I was doing so cause I wanted to watch all before I watched the final one for the first time)

Hermione is easily the best of all the main kids. And Snape is easily the best of all the professors. Both character wise, and acting wise.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #8044
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
lol, going through entire Harry Potter series(again), trying to watch 1 movie a day.

This is first time I'm watching entire series from start to finish where I know how the entire series ended(last time I went through the series,I was doing so cause I wanted to watch all before I watched the final one for the first time)

Hermione is easily the best of all the main kids. And Snape is easily the best of all the professors. Both character wise, and acting wise.
Agreed on all counts. It is a great series and I also enjoyed the books.

My favorite book and film from the series is "The Goblet of Fire."

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 12-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #8045

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I still wish Malfoy turned good and in the end it was him and Hermione. He could've been good character, but after first few few movies, he just got boring(at least for me). I know the 6th one he had huge part in it, but really,after the 3rd or so, he didn't seem that good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #8046
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

The Wolverine
Like my current distaste for most sports games due to playing non-stop for several years, I'd grown weary of the Superhero movies by the time I saw Iron Man 3, so I completely skipped The Wolverine in theaters.

I received the blu-Ray as a Christmas present and watched it tonight. I'm not an avid follower of the comics so I have no idea if this played true to a particular story or not, but I thought this was a solid film. Making Logan vulnerable physically really added a nice layer of drama, and I thought all of the moving pieces of the story worked well in the larger picture.

As always, the action was well-done and the closing credits scene definitely piqued my interest in the next X-Men film. Hugh Jackman is still very believable as Wolverine and I'd be OK with him doing one more of these solo projects if the story is right.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #8047
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I still wish Malfoy turned good and in the end it was him and Hermione. He could've been good character, but after first few few movies, he just got boring(at least for me). I know the 6th one he had huge part in it, but really,after the 3rd or so, he didn't seem that good.
I think Tom Felton played Malfoy very well. In the later films he grew very conflicted about what was being asked of him...especially killing people. He simply isn't that bad of a person. An arrogant git, perhaps, but not a killer.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 12-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #8048
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

I did this exact thing almost exactly two years ago, only it was the first time I had seen any of the films.

I love Hermione, but my two favorite characters in the whole series were Snape and Luna.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »