Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #8065
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Okay. Again, I was just bi-curious because Finding Nemo was made by Pixar, though I still call all of those "Disney movies."

I think the Pixar lineup is as follows:

Toy Story 1, 2, & 3
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc & University
Finding Nemo
UP
Cars 1 & 2
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Brave

I might be missing something. Anyway, the only one of these I wasn't a fan of was Brave (UP was kind of on the low end as well). I'm not a huge fan of the recent Dreamworks animated films except for the one I mentioned in How to Train Your Dragon, and I loved Tangled as well. Like I said, outside of that I don't really like too many of the animated films. None of the Ice Age, Madagascar, Shrek, etc. Happy Feet was just okay, but nothing I'd buy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #8066
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Heh, guess I don't know what words really mean when I am writing them out. I meant to just say that I didn't know whether it was one was or the other.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #8067
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Okay. Again, I was just curious because Finding Nemo was made by Pixar, though I still call all of those "Disney movies."

I think the Pixar lineup is as follows:

Toy Story 1, 2, & 3
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc & University
Finding Nemo
UP
Cars 1 & 2
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Brave

I might be missing something. Anyway, the only one of these I wasn't a fan of was Brave (UP was kind of on the low end as well). I'm not a huge fan of the recent Dreamworks animated films except for the one I mentioned in How to Train Your Dragon, and I loved Tangled as well. Like I said, outside of that I don't really like too many of the animated films. None of the Ice Age, Madagascar, Shrek, etc. Happy Feet was just okay, but nothing I'd buy.
The Incredibles ?
Bolt ?

Back from seeing The Hobbit DoS Excellent stuff....just as good as the first. The 3D was outstanding as well. Easy recommendation. The 3D trailers for Amazing Spidy 2, 300 2, and HTTYD 2 all looked very good.

Think I'm gonna make this a double movie day and check out Grudge Match. Hoping Kevin Hart has a decent size role in this. Was going to see Wolf of Wall St. but can't see myself sitting through 2 3hr flicks in one day.

EDIT: Grudge Match (and anything else worth seeing that started at 7:30) was sold out. Got 3 movie passes that expire on the 30th. Will have to get one in tomorrow and double up on Monday.

Last edited by GAMEC0CK2002; 12-28-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #8068
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yikes, sorry I skipped The Incredibles (funny I missed it since I own it). Pixar didn't make Bolt, though.

EDIT: Oh, I also love Wreck It Ralph. Despicable Me was okay as well, but still wouldn't say I'd go out of my way to see the second one.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-28-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #8069
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Watched Wolf of Wall Street.

Really liked it. Thought it was well-made and acted.

Indeed very raunchy but I don't think it was grotesque just to be. The scenes added to the lifestyle and ridiculous this guy was experiencing in his every day.

And it was the 80s!

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #8070
Banned

OVR: 6

Seen two solid flicks the past few days...

2 Guns - Had some laughs and had some action. Marky Mark & Denzel make a great team.. 7/10

Riddick - I liked it despite having a few friends say it sucked. 7/10.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #8071
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Just saw 2 Guns last week myself and loved it. Great chemistry between Wahlberg and Denzel and some solid action scenes.

Also saw Grown Ups 2 and thought it was horrible. I actually enjoyed the first one, but the comedy in this one was so forced, and none of the kids were interesting at all. I'm usually pretty easily entertained, so for me to dislike a movie this much says a lot about how bad it was.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #8072
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Now You See Me - Solid movie. One too many twists (though it was a good one), some real good performances, and an okay story with good effects and "action." Eisenberg has really come into his own as an actor in my opinion, because he put on just as good of a performance as Harrelson, Freeman and Ruffalo. I still can't take Dave Franco seriously, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »