Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #11281
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
It's amazing and one of the best horror films I've seen.
The meaning/metaphor/message behind the film is very powerful and really resonates with me. One of my favorite films of the last decade

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #11282
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
It's too bad, too, because that annoying as F little kid is probably the only thing holding Babadook back from being a classic in my humble opinion. Love that movie so much, but damn, that kid, that freaking kid. The Worst.
That kid killed the movie for me. One of the most annoying kid I can remember acting wise in years. He was annoyingly BAD.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #11283
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I think it's best when I see it as a psychological drama and not a horror movie. By horror movie's standards, I was disappointed. By the former (besides the kid), I was enthralled.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #11284
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Hmmm...98% on Rotten Tomatoes and "universally acclaimed" on Metacritic.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #11285
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I watched a couple of so-so thrillers from the '80s over the last little while:

Jagged Edge (1985): Jeff Bridges plays a manipulative newspaper publisher who's accused of murdering his wife and retains the services of a guilt stricken lawyer who worked with the DA who is also a manipulative bastard who has ambitions for political office and will do anything to win cases. The tension is built up pretty well though it ends up being one of those movies where we know who the killer is but the main character doesn't fully know until the end. The film has pretty good performances by Glenn Close, Peter Coyote and Robert Loggia. I thought Bridges was rather underwhelming. This was at a point in his career where he didn't really have the gravitas to make a somewhat bland character on paper seem better on the screen and the film suffers for it. This movie was the first part of writer Joe Eszterhas' "San Francisco" trilogy. The other two films were Basic Instinct and Jade.

The Bedroom Window (1987): This movie tries to homage Hitchcock but it doesn't have the directorial flair and while I get the casting of Steve Guttenberg being the "everyday guy" like James Stewart was for Hitch it just doesn't come across convincingly. Guttenberg is a guy who does well with comedy but he's not very good in a dramatic role. That being said, the setup is actually quite good with Guttenberg having an affair with his boss' wife who sees an attempted murder on the street from Guttenberg's bedroom window. Guttenberg takes it upon himself to report the crime in her stead and everything goes haywire. Elizabeth McGovern is excellent as the woman who was almost killed and whom helps Guttenberg as things spiral out of control for him. The coincidences pile up quite a bit as well which stretches credulity but it's not a bad investment of nearly 2 hrs.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 04:41 PM   #11286
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I watched a couple of so-so thrillers from the '80s over the last little while:

Jagged Edge (1985): Jeff Bridges plays a manipulative newspaper publisher who's accused of murdering his wife and retains the services of a guilt stricken lawyer who worked with the DA who is also a manipulative bastard who has ambitions for political office and will do anything to win cases. The tension is built up pretty well though it ends up being one of those movies where we know who the killer is but the main character doesn't fully know until the end. The film has pretty good performances by Glenn Close, Peter Coyote and Robert Loggia. I thought Bridges was rather underwhelming. This was at a point in his career where he didn't really have the gravitas to make a somewhat bland character on paper seem better on the screen and the film suffers for it. This movie was the first part of writer Joe Eszterhas' "San Francisco" trilogy. The other two films were Basic Instinct and Jade.
I've seen it several times. Simply put-Great Movie, Great Cast!!!

Old 06-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #11287
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I wound up seeing the Conjuring 2 last night. It was amazing!

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 06-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #11288
Banned

OVR: 0

Midnight Special was an interesting movie. It moved fast but was enjoyable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »