Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #12713
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

PSH was the best villain of all MI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 08-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #12714
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Ready Player One

If Cinema Sins makes an "Everything wrong with Ready Player One" video, it's going to be like twenty minutes long.

Welp, I wasn't wrong. Just came out a few hours ago. Nearly 22 minutes in length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYRv6iSC-U0

Time to watch this thing and see if they picked out everything that I did (I'm sure they have more to say, but I already had plenty).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 08-15-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:16 PM   #12715
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Welp, I wasn't wrong. Just came out a few hours ago. Nearly 22 minutes in length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYRv6iSC-U0

Time to watch this thing and see if they picked out everything that I did (I'm sure they have more to say, but I already had plenty).
I really enjoyed Ready Player One.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 03:23 PM   #12716
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk
I thought it was a fun and nostalgic ride.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #12717
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I thought it was a fun and nostalgic ride.
So did I. If you read my first impressions of it you'll find that I was really in favor of it and want to get a 3D Blu-ray of it when it's at an affordable price. It just has a lot of holes.

Admittedly I haven't watched that video yet (and a lot of their "sins" aren't really anything), but I'm guessing they point out many of the same written issues with it that I have, even if you have to wait about every fifteen sins for them to mention it haha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #12718
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Blzr do you have a movie review blog? Though I don't agree with you all the time, I enjoy reading your reviews and I think you would have a bigger audience if you do or maybe start up a youtube channel.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #12719
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Blzr do you have a movie review blog? Though I don't agree with you all the time, I enjoy reading your reviews and I think you would have a bigger audience if you do or maybe start up a youtube channel.
Hey man, thanks a bunch and that's a good question! Currently the answer is no, but that may change by the end of the year.

Somebody else asked me that maybe last year, which planted the seed in my mind that I would consider it. I started to give thought of doing video reviews (in some cases, just go verbatim from what I have written) because I wanted something for my students to see since I saw Infinity War after the school year was out, and I wanted to show them that (1) I am enraged over some of the true and false spoilers a few of them wanted to blurt out, and (2) there is a way to spend a long time talking about a movie without really giving away anything about the movie, plot-wise at least.

Honestly, the main thing holding me back right now is my laptop webcam is broken. I'm thinking of getting a higher-end camera though on Black Friday (like the Canon M50) so I can shoot some stuff with that, and maybe I'll start up some YouTube reviews that way. Like I said though, I'll likely do them verbatim with what I write.

I've been further motivated to drop both the shortened and in-depth reviews from pre-screenings I see though, because I put the long ones on IMDb and I put the tl;dr versions on Facebook. You may know that there is a laundry-list of films that I still have yet to leave impressions for, and normally it's because everybody has already seen them or they have been out for a while. Here is that list that's building as we speak:

Alien: Covenant
American Made
Atomic Blonde
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Central Intelligence
The Commuter
Fist Fight
Friend Request
Game Night
Geostorm
Hostiles
The House
I, Tonya
Incredibles 2
Insidious: The Last Key
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (I left a short snippet but want to dig deeper)
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Kong: Skull Island
Lady Bird
The Mummy
The Shape of Water
The Strangers: Prey at Night
Tomb Raider
Truth or Dare
Unsane
Winchester

If I leave reviews for these, they will probably be two sentences long unless I feel really committed to write more heh. There are just far too many and I don't remember every detail about all of them anymore.

If I do a YouTube channel thing, what I think I'm going to do is go back to every review I've written on here, and for the more in-depth reviews I'll devote entire videos to them, then for the short-snippet ones I'll probably combine multiple films together. What I'm really fearing is how I want to edit them. Do I include trailer shots? My face the whole time? One cut? I really don't know. That's why I just sort of want to put them on pause for now haha.

I appreciate that you read them, though. Sometimes I sit and wonder: "People don't ****ing read this ****, I type too much." I mean look how much I'm typing right now for your simple question! I'm going to stop now.

EDIT: Wow, I've contributed over 900 posts to this thread. I hope that doesn't mean I've seen 900 films since its inception!

SECOND EDIT: On a side note, I don't ordinarily seek validation when it comes to getting a certain rating approval on things like YouTube videos (I'll never be one of those "Rate, comment, & subscribe" folks, ever!) or IMDb reviews, but I do them for pre-screenings because I like to think that I allow just enough leakage to give readers an informed decision as to whether or not it's a film that they think they may want to see. I also normally don't like giving scores for movies, as you never see me do on here, but I will for IMDb just because. That being said, it is so weird how people upvote/downvote reviews on IMDb, because I normally get about a 50% approval rating on there. That means people actually go out of their way to say that my review is not worth reading and should slide down the ranks. I get people can do that, but I have a sneaky feeling that other reviews sabotage others' to keep theirs up, including doing it from their multiple accounts they may have. I don't consider myself the best writer in the world, but outside of maybe somebody negatively reacting to a score I put, there is no way that the "quality" of my reviews is an F grade each time. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Blzer; 08-16-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:33 AM   #12720
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Crazy Rich Asians was awesome. So happy and proud to see Asian culture well represented on the big screen. Will be seeing this again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »