Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Who wins Super Bowl LIV? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-06-2019, 11:59 AM   #13145
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

I finally watched The Last Jedi. Felt like a repeating “hope, aw man we lost all our people, hope” theme but I feel like that’s kinda just Star Wars. Fun enough movie. Luke tricking out Kylo at the end was a nice twist I didn’t see coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #13146
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, I thought that was a boss move, but a lot of people were upset about it.

Old 12-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #13147
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

The Report (Amazon)

Movie on Dan Jones and his senate investigation in to CIA torture tactics immediately after 9/11.

For being a pretty boring thing (guy scours documents trying to piece together what happened), it was rather compelling. Really makes you consider what it means to be held to a high standard and what or if that standard is worth not meeting in the face of perceived security.

They portrayed the psychologists as not really giving a **** about what they were doing and it’s legality... the pair even joked about it towards the end... it didn’t seem like they cared they were pushing the limits in the name of freedom/security. Seemed like they just wanted some payback for what was done to their people. I wonder if it was really like that or if they struggled morally. One would hope they did and came to the conclusion the ends justified the means, even though it was clear they didn’t even during the use of the tactics, so really casts doubt on what exactly they were trying to accomplish — seemed more like vigilante justice instead of actually accomplishing the goal of extracting intelligence. I can see the agency needing to spin it that way to cover their asses, but to keep it going while many protested the use and effectiveness of it was unsettlingly odd.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-07-2019, 02:14 PM   #13148
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Marriage Story

Heard this was the most heartbreaking movie ever, and it had its fair share. Two folks just growing apart after years, not any particular one thing. Sad, especially with a child. Really shows that communication is crucial to any relationship, and that communication needs to be constant and open, not just implied.

As someone who’s been with their significant other for 13 years, it was kinda worrisome watching this seeing the fragility of any relationship. We all have our lapses, our selfish moments, but ya put your love and your faith in someone else hoping they do the same for you no matter what [reasonable] circumstances happen from thereon. I know I can be a literal person who doesn’t pick up on non-verbal communication, I need stuff directly spelled out for me to really understand it sometimes instead of always just catching it. To that end, it was tough to see Adam Driver’s character kind of played for his inability, though he did seem more willing to accept his faults while Scarlett Johansen’s character took his absentminded self centeredness as a personal attack on her independence. Their blowout fight in the later stage hit some notes anyone who’s been in a big fight with their s/o can probably relate to; sacrifices unseen/untold go by the wayside, everything is a malicious attack, etc. And then the instant regret for saying or thinking such horrible things in anger even if the circumstances are ripping you apart. It was a very real film in that way.

In the end, it was a fairly common tale of the toll of a divorce. Getting used to a new life as a part time parent. Love lost and a flame burned out. I was expecting to have this one stick with me for days but I’m not in a depression today. Ha.

I should probably watch something without Adam Driver in it now.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2019, 07:35 AM   #13149
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

My wife, son and I went to see "Dark Waters" at the theater yesterday.

Docudrama about the Dupont deal - Parkersburg, WV - water contamination - lawsuits.

I'm into these type of things so I found it interesting. Mark Ruffalo is solid. I thought that Tim Robbins wasn't a good fit for his character - just seemed to be a miscast.

Draw your own conclusions. I want to do some reading on all of this as, to be candid, I didn't really follow the actual story when all of this was happening years ago. But I found the movie compelling.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #13150
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had recently watch John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum
Old 12-12-2019, 01:09 AM   #13151
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Star Wars Rogue One

Reallly good. They weren’t lying. I think knowing it leads right in to the iconic Episode 4-6 helps, but it’s a straight ahead action thriller. Really liked all the characters in the group, surprised I hadn’t heard much about K2 before — great comedic lines (“Do you want to know the probability she uses that blaster on you? They’re high... they’re very high.”) and a hero’s farewell to boot.

Wish there was a sequel... haha

Interested in the spin-off they’re developing for Cassian for Disney+. He was one of the smoothest characters in the SW universe.

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #13152
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Star Wars Rogue One

Reallly good. They weren’t lying. I think knowing it leads right in to the iconic Episode 4-6 helps, but it’s a straight ahead action thriller. Really liked all the characters in the group, surprised I hadn’t heard much about K2 before — great comedic lines (“Do you want to know the probability she uses that blaster on you? They’re high... they’re very high.”) and a hero’s farewell to boot.

Wish there was a sequel... haha

Interested in the spin-off they’re developing for Cassian for Disney+. He was one of the smoothest characters in the SW universe.

I consider Rogue One part of the original trilogy. Such a great Star Wars movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017 Yankees Year 4 (1-1)
Madden 20
Dolphins Year 3 (4-1)
Madden 16
1990 49ers/Raiders Season Replay

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »