Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #13161
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Star Wars Ep 4 A New Hope

Rewatch... a classic, kinda decided to go through the whole saga recently. Honestly, maybe because it’s a movie from nearly half a century ago, but is it even a good movie? Not by today’s standards but I guess that’s just how it goes. It has its moments but there’s a lot of cheesiness, but it was original back in the day.

Probably haven’t watched this since I was a kid so to be able to really put the pieces together, especially having just watched Rogue One, it was fun.

Vader is still a badass but really made me appreciate his ruthlessness at the end of Rogue One. Han Solo has some good lines when he’s not being a dbag (and during lol), Leia is still a dime, Luke... get a haircut kid. I enjoyed the back and forth of C-3PO and R2-D2.

I think my favorite memory from this movie are the sound effects. R2-D2’s beeps, that scream he makes when he gets hit by Vader during the chase, the sound of the Tie fighters, the lightsabers, the cannon blasts from the Death Star defense system, it was etched in my mind from childhood.

Already in to Ep 5 so I’ll be back with that at a later date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #13162
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKiiing
Jumanji the Next Level was pretty damn enjoyable.
Just watched Jumanji/Rock 1 last night again and it is a good popcorn movie.

Also recently rewatched Hancock. Much better than I remember it being.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:20 PM   #13163
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKiiing
Jumanji the Next Level was pretty damn enjoyable.

I thought so too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #13164
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

the marriage story:

incredible directing and amazing acting especially by Scarlett Johanssen

at times funny, at times relateable, just almost a hyper real summary of how some human relationships and personalities mesh (or don't mesh)
Old 12-22-2019, 10:33 AM   #13165
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Fred Claus. Almost every year, but tougher to watch with Spacey in it now. However, when Vince Vaughn is chirping away like in the opening scene with the little girl, he's at his bull****ting best!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2019, 10:44 AM   #13166
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Greta

This movie was awkwardly uncomfortable, and as I know it was what they were going for I'd say that the realism in the kind of suspense provided kind of gave me chills that there are actual people like Greta in the world. I can't believe I didn't pick out some of the foreshadowing items in this flick, but they were nice nods to future events where I went: "Ooh, that makes sense now."

The very ending rushed itself for the delivery that they provided to have any sort of cinematic redemption, and overall the movie wasn't all that great leading up to it. Outside of any thrilling elements and seeing a more grown up Chloe Grace Moretz, in the end everything was simply "okay," but I can't really say that I recommend watching it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #13167
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Christmas Vacation - I feel like each time I watch this the fewer I find any redeeming qualities in Clark. Still, hilarious, but a part of me empathizes with the neighbors. And by a part of me I mean all of me.

Knives Out
This was a lot of fun. Great cast. Great pacing and control. No real lull points at all. The narrative itself feels tightly wound and I feel like it would be really rewarding on multiple viewings despite knowing the culprit (which honestly wasn't terribly hard to deduce).

Old 12-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #13168
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Christmas Vacation - I feel like each time I watch this the fewer I find any redeeming qualities in Clark. Still, hilarious, but a part of me empathizes with the neighbors. And by a part of me I mean all of me.

Knives Out
This was a lot of fun. Great cast. Great pacing and control. No real lull points at all. The narrative itself feels tightly wound and I feel like it would be really rewarding on multiple viewings despite knowing the culprit (which honestly wasn't terribly hard to deduce).
You wear ridiculous tracksuits, you get no empathy from me. Sorry, Todd and Margo. LOL
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »